Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hold_sway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Dec 2021, 2:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m in my 30s and have a live-in partner, but I still sleep with a teddy bear and take it on flights/while traveling. I had an asthma attack last week and we couldn’t bring him in my bag and I was very distraught. Does anyone else have a comfort object? Do you bring it places? I feel baby-ish about it but he really helps me.

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2021, 1:52 am

I definitely have comfort items that are with me all the time.

I slept with my cabbage patch kid well into my 20s, despite having an intimate partner.

I have always carried a backpack, which usually contains a notebook, pen, a novel I’m currently reading, water bottle and lip balm. Other items occur, but these are the standard baseline. I would consider these comfort items as I can’t imagine how to function without them.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 1:58 am

A lot in this forum do. And many of them are adults.

As for myself, my hair's enough. :oops:
But no one thinks anything about it otherwise other than just, well, head hair.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 2:02 am

A person is never too old for teddy bears.

I have a 'best friend' teddy bear that I cherished since I was 9 months old. He's seen better days now but he's still there for me and I love him like a family member. Luckily my boyfriend doesn't judge me, in fact he thinks it's cute that I love my teddy bear and says it symbolises that I'm a trusting, loving person.

My teddy bear lives in between our pillows in the bed, and I take him on holidays or if I'm sleeping over at someone else's house. I can't live without him. One of my biggest fears is losing him in a house fire.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

07 Dec 2021, 5:23 am

My fiance has gifted me a well-made detailed beautiful husky plush toy, he knows I like dogs. When we have arguments about procreating, Bella soothes me. Bella soothes him too, lately, as I sent him pictures of her hugging him. Bella is a powerful magician. :heart:

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 5:59 am

I generally have at least one fuzzy blanket within easy reach at all times. Today's fashions even allow me to wear one as a shawl or poncho and not look too odd... I'd do it anyway. Its more difficult in summer when it is too hot to cuddle with a blanket. I have a lot of stuffed toys, some fit in pocket or backpack easily. I am 70, never mind what others think, do what is right for you.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

07 Dec 2021, 6:01 am

autisticelders wrote:
I generally have at least one fuzzy blanket within easy reach at all times. Today's fashions even allow me to wear one as a shawl or poncho and not look too odd... I'd do it anyway. Its more difficult in summer when it is too hot to cuddle with a blanket. I have a lot of stuffed toys, some fit in pocket or backpack easily. I am 70, never mind what others think, do what is right for you.

I loved wearing my quirky rat on my shoulder in public with my short black dress. A black toy. I can't believe I forgot his name, it was pretty funny. I loved petting him and playing with his whiskers. He could genuinely be a better bag if I wanted him to be and poked a hole in its back.

When I was young had this bear, named Bellybutton. He had a big belly and a pink huge wiggly round nose made to be Fozzie Bear but cooler, with the perfect color of, sadly, diarrhea. My attachment to him was unlike anything else, it physically hurt to not find him. I used to keep asking dad why its nose is like that not really understanding but eventually fell hard for his quirks and his old stuck short fluff.

Omg I think this is him ; u ; Those half closed plastic eyes... I remember. And I remember how I kept pulling at his hat until i took it off. He was better naked. He had a strange lumped head and I liked his strange folded ears

Come home, Bellybutton!

Apparently it's labeled rare vintage toy. "Rare Vintage 1976 Fisher Price Jim Hensen Muppet 851 Fozzie Bear Plush Toy"

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 6:39 am

My perfumes and cosmetics. I have a perfumes collection as well as skincare product, nail polish.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:21 am

Dog V4 is my comfort object!

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 7:22 pm

I've slept with a plush ankylosaurus for about 20 years- I recently had to sew his felt spikes back on. Kind of wish I had something I could carry around, but everything I've tried doesn't do it somehow.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 7:51 pm

I have a blanket that I've had since I was a newborn. I can't sleep without it, so I take it whenever I have to stay somewhere overnight. I'm always worried about losing it and I think if I did lose it that I'd be super distraught. :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:30 am

My Om Nom plushies. I love Om Nom, he's such a little Sweet Pea.

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2022, 9:14 pm

hold_sway wrote:
Hi everyone,

I’m in my 30s and have a live-in partner, but I still sleep with a teddy bear and take it on flights/while traveling. I had an asthma attack last week and we couldn’t bring him in my bag and I was very distraught. Does anyone else have a comfort object? Do you bring it places? I feel baby-ish about it but he really helps me.

I am 23 and normally bring one stuffed animal on trips, recently i traveled with my stuffed animal dog that my boyfriend had given me for my birthday, also i have other comfort objects such as essential oils and bring that stuff everywhere!

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 9:20 pm

World record

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 3:04 pm

There used to be a wonderful shop in Brighton called Animal House. They sold plush animals of pretty much every kind you can think of, from beetles to giraffes by way of lemurs. Many of them fantastically life-like and detailed too. I have a little black mouse I bought there while down south visiting a friend. It's lived in my ukulele case for the past 15 years, and pops out to say hello whenever I practice it.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 10:09 pm

I now have another blanket that's become somewhat of a comfort object. I take it with me places because it's just a regular blanket and I can get away with doing so. :lol: It's very useful when I feel stressed so far. It hasn't replaced my previous blanket though and isn't the same at all.