Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 8:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If we would have been bunkies, that would have been cool! :)

yeh, i woulda had somebody to talk to. as it was, i was a stranger in a strange land.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 2:03 pm

apex116 wrote:
Could some more autistic veterans tell me of their story?

My AS mother served in WW II, and I think it destroyed whatever aptitude for parenting she might have had. To her, raising children was just another duty to be done in the minimum amount of time, so she could get back to reading. Having been a Corporal, she would not tolerate any opinions from children. I think that she actually gave herself and my older sister promotions to Sargent and Corporal when I came along, so she didn't have to repeat the early lessons. I used to get into a lot of trouble I had not been warned of. She had two kids, and no grandkids.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 2:09 pm

auntblabby wrote:
... WP's Fnord is another military vet, who had considerably more success in the service, a naval military officer was he. a boss. ...
A First-Class Petty Officer (E6) at honorable discharge -- a non-commissioned officer, in common parlance.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 4:28 pm

i was repeatedly told i'd never make any rank. it musta made those brassholes feel good to tell me that, as they'd usually smirk. anybody here ever hear the phrase "i WORK for a living!"? the first time i heard that was in basic, followed by "now drop and push your stoopid face off the ground until i get tired of watching your stupid goatsmellin' dumb@$$ed private @$$!" i imagine in the navy the TACs or drills or whatever they're called might be a little more refined than that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 4:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i was repeatedly told i'd never make any rank. it musta made those brassholes feel good to tell me that, as they'd usually smirk. anybody here ever hear the phrase "i WORK for a living!"? the first time i heard that was in basic, followed by "now drop and push your stoopid face off the ground until i get tired of watching your stupid goatsmellin' dumb@$$ed private @$$!" i imagine in the navy the TACs or drills or whatever they're called might be a little more refined than that.
The only "refinement" you might hear from a Navy drill instructor was the occasionally added "Please" after ordering us to do eight-count body-builders until we puked or passed out.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 5:01 pm

"please" counts for a lot.