Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
"I am not delusional, you are" is is something that a delusional person might say.
This. The only way to verify reality is via empirical methods really, to gain a sense of objectivity.  Tangible records of events are key, such as medical records that show whether a person is capable of something.  For example, if a person has no arms & another person claims that they punched them, you know that they are lying.
Agreed.  To claim equivalency with G^D -- or to claim to be G^D -- is the penultimate lie, and implies ultimate delusion.

However, there is a place for faith, as well; and even though faith itself proves nothing, is can embolden and inspire people to great accomplishments ... as well as to heinous crimes against humanity.

Who is claiming to be 'God'? You can channel God's energy, you don't have to be the ultimate 'God' - and you already have a significant advantage over Godless folk, in my opinion.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:18 pm

I shall elaborate on that. You can be 'God' of a very small patch of territory, but there are many bigger & more epic 'Gods' out there.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:23 pm

apex116 wrote:
Do people think you are delusional as they are in fact the ones who are deluded.

For example, there is no objective evidence to state that you are deluded; however, the other side has an unshakeable belief that you are deluded - They lack insight.

Yes, I have had people call me that but when I have found that people who make those assumptions about me, don't ever make an effort to get to know me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:29 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
... You can be 'God' of a very small patch of territory, but there are many bigger & more epic 'Gods' out there.
Not a god in the divine sense; but only the master of your own domain.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
... You can be 'God' of a very small patch of territory, but there are many bigger & more epic 'Gods' out there.

Oh.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:33 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Oh.
I mean, if you own a patch of land, then (hypothetically, because it can be tested) you control its use.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 4:09 am

Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Oh.
I mean, if you own a patch of land, then (hypothetically, because it can be tested) you control its use.

Yes.