"All Laws Contrary to God's Word Must Be Overturned"

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:25 pm

if that is what they think, no wonder that type tends towards so much venality, "it's ok with god for his elect."

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:40 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mark Burns wrote:
Dear Mr. Burns,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding G^D's Law.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

1) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Leviticus 1:9).  The problem is my neighbors.  They claim the odor is not pleasing to them.  Should I smite them?

2) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Leviticus 15:19-24).  The problem is, how do I tell?  I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

3) Leviticus 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations.  A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians.  Can you clarify?  Why can I not own Canadians?

4) I would like to purchase my neighbor's daughter to be a household slave, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7.  In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price to offer for her?

5) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.  Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death.  Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Leviticus 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality.  I do not agree.  Can you settle this?

7) Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of G^D if I have a defect in my sight.  I have to admit that I wear reading glasses.  Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Leviticus 19:27.  How should they die?

9) I know from Leviticus 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean; but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10) My cousin has a farm.  He violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton / polyester blend).  He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot.  Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them?  (Leviticus 24:10-16)  Could not we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws?  (Leviticus 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that G^D's word is eternal and unchanging.

Respectfully,

Fnord, the Metasyntactic Variable

:D

For Leviticus alone, the Bible, or at least the Old Testament, should be tossed. :)

(I much enjoy your sense of humor.)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:42 pm

I'm not religious enough to have such a great sense of humor when it comes to religion.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
Descartes wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Descartes wrote:
So says a GOP (what did you expect) Congressional candidate from South Carolina.  [...]  You will also be surprised to learn that this guy is a Trump cultist. We need to expose these fascists at every turn.  It's sadly ironic how somebody running for Congress has no idea what the Constitution means.
Pastor Mark Burns claimed to have held a bachelor of science degree from North Greenville University and claimed to have served six years in the U.S. Army Reserve.  These are both lies.

In August 2016, those claims were disproved by CNN.  Burns attended North Greenville University for one semester and did not receive a degree.  Burns served from 2001 to 2005 in the South Carolina Army National Guard, which is unrelated to the Army Reserve.  Later he admitted that he had lied about his education, but said he was attacked because he is "a black man supporting Donald Trump for president."  Exposing lies is not an attack, unless one's whole identity is based upon deception.
So he's a hypocrite, then. Figures.  I guess he believes that commandment about not bearing false witness doesn't apply to him.
Did you not know that when an Evangelical Republican gets "saved", he is no longer bound by any Commandments against sin?

:roll: Yes, that is sarcasm.

That explains why they tend to be such perverts.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:45 pm

there was some entity that called itself "the jesus seminar" that voted on which things in the bible that jesus likely said, and which ones were doubtful. a bible needs to be put out that color-codes the true things and the merely "truthy" things, and give the true ones green ink, and the doubtful thing red ink.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:48 pm

Fnord wrote:
Descartes wrote:
So says a GOP (what did you expect) Congressional candidate from South Carolina.  [...]  You will also be surprised to learn that this guy is a Trump cultist. We need to expose these fascists at every turn.  It's sadly ironic how somebody running for Congress has no idea what the Constitution means.
Pastor Mark Burns claimed to have held a bachelor of science degree from North Greenville University and claimed to have served six years in the U.S. Army Reserve.  These are both lies.

In August 2016, those claims were disproved by CNN.  Burns attended North Greenville University for one semester and did not receive a degree.  Burns served from 2001 to 2005 in the South Carolina Army National Guard, which is unrelated to the Army Reserve.  Later he admitted that he had lied about his education, but said he was attacked because he is "a black man supporting Donald Trump for president."  Exposing lies is not an attack, unless one's whole identity is based upon deception.

The real question is why he chose North Greenville U when Bob Jones is in the same town.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 9:57 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mark Burns wrote:
Dear Mr. Burns,

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

1) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Leviticus 1:9).  The problem is my neighbors.  They claim the odor is not pleasing to them.  Should I smite them?

2) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Leviticus 15:19-24).  The problem is, how do I tell?  I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

3) Leviticus 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations.  A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians.  Can you clarify?  Why can I not own Canadians?

4) I would like to purchase my neighbor's daughter to be a household slave, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7.  In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price to offer for her?

5) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.  Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death.  Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Leviticus 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality.  I do not agree.  Can you settle this?

7) Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of G^D if I have a defect in my sight.  I have to admit that I wear reading glasses.  Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Leviticus 19:27.  How should they die?

9) I know from Leviticus 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean; but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10) My cousin has a farm.  He violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton / polyester blend).  He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot.  Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them?  (Leviticus 24:10-16)  Could not we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws?  (Leviticus 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Respectfully,

For Leviticus alone, the Bible, or at least the Old Testament, should be tossed. :)

I wonder if the Republican thinks its easy for people on the Forbes 400 to get to Heaven

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 8:10 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mark Burns wrote:
Dear Mr. Burns,

Respectfully,

I wonder if the Republican thinks its easy for people on the Forbes 400 to get to Heaven

I suppose they forgot the bit about passing through the eye of a needle. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 10:14 pm

they would tell us that bit about the eye of the needle was just a figment of our imagination, just like they now say that there is no such thing as fascism, gaslighting the rest of us all the way.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 2:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
how do we fight the power of organized mean and stupid?
First, we hide the books, so they may not be burned.

esp hide the books by the mean and stupid! For historical value, and if we are lucky revenge, they will wish they could burn their own books!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
Descartes wrote:
... This man wants to throw away the Constitution and establish a Christian theocracy.  How is that admirable?
If you approve of slavery, subjugation of women, imperialism by genocide, suppression of free speech and press, double jeopardy, warrant-less searches and seizure of property, poll taxes, and self-incrimination through forced confessions -- all through the establishment of a state-controlled religious institution -- then it is exceedingly admirable.

It would not be a Christian theocracy; at least, none that Christ would have envisioned.

Sure it would be. A Christian theocracy doesn't have to have those things. A Christian theocracy can be anything at all. All it takes is for someone who claims God speaks to him to say that God told him to tell everyone else that those things are against God's perfect and infallible will.

God never lies and God never makes a mistake so that means that when someone claims to speak for God they are always perfectly correct. Whenever someone claims to speak for God on moral issues they are always speaking with objective morality. /s

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:21 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Descartes wrote:
... This man wants to throw away the Constitution and establish a Christian theocracy.  How is that admirable?
If you approve of slavery, subjugation of women, imperialism by genocide, suppression of free speech and press, double jeopardy, warrant-less searches and seizure of property, poll taxes, and self-incrimination through forced confessions -- all through the establishment of a state-controlled religious institution -- then it is exceedingly admirable.  It would not be a Christian theocracy; at least, none that Christ would have envisioned.
Sure it would be. A Christian theocracy doesn't have to have those things.  A Christian theocracy can be anything at all.  All it takes is for someone who claims God speaks to him to say that God told him to tell everyone else that those things are against God's perfect and infallible will.  God never lies and God never makes a mistake so that means that when someone claims to speak for God they are always perfectly correct.  Whenever someone claims to speak for God on moral issues they are always speaking with objective morality. /s
Sarcasm noted.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:23 pm

seems most folks at best only grok a tiny smidgeon of a hint of all that is.