I am the Holy Spirit.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 5:14 pm

apex116 wrote:
I am the Holy Spirit.
Then show me The Sign.

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from G^D, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." -- 1 John 4:1 (NIV)

apex116
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2021, 5:39 pm

There is no-One Greater than God.

https://byjus.com/maths/greater-than-symbol/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 5:42 pm

Your admission that no one is greater than G^D cannot be denied.

You claim to being the Holy Spirit, however, is blasphemy.

apex116
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2021, 5:48 pm

i think you are just a Troll now - I've really tried my best but mocking my faith is not acceptable and is in serious violation of Wrongplanet's rules.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 5:56 pm

apex116 wrote:
i think you are just a Troll now - I've really tried my best but mocking my faith is not acceptable and is in serious violation of Wrongplanet's rules.
A troll is one who, when he cannot refute the message, attacks the messenger.

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of G^D, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." -- Ephesians 4:30 (NIV)

Claiming to be the Holy Spirit is not only blasphemy throughout Christendom, but it is also an egregious affront to the Holy Spirit Himself!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 7:04 pm

Descartes wrote:
So says a GOP (what did you expect) Congressional candidate from South Carolina.

Quote:
Mark Burns, a MAGA pastor who is running for Congress in South Carolina, is an unabashed Christian nationalist who openly declares that “any policy that is contrary to the word of God” needs to be made illegal.

Burns appeared on the Real America’s Voice program “The Water Cooler” Monday, where he proclaimed that “the gospel of Jesus Christ should be [at] the center of American politics.” When asked by host David Brody what he meant by that, Burns declared that “any law that is against the word of God” must be overturned.

“Laws that are contrary to God’s word that are actively legal or laws today need to be overturned,” Burns said. “Any law that is against the word of God, that is clearly against what God has said in his word—in a nation that is a Christian nation, a nation that has the majority of citizens who actively believe that Jesus is the Messiah, that he is coming back again with omnipotent power in his hands—if it’s against the word of God and it’s actively a law today, then it should be overturned. We should have a moral compass, and right now in America, we’re losing that moral compass. The liberal left is slowly [chipping] away.”

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/mag ... verturned/

You will also be surprised to learn that this guy is a Trump cultist. We need to expose these fascists at every turn. It's sadly ironic how somebody running for Congress has no idea what the Constitution means.

That man has my respect because he did not just sit there on his behind. He made a stand, and it takes a man with guts to stand for what he believes in like that. I admire him for his dedication to his faith.

What about you? Are you going to stand for election?

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 7:21 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Descartes wrote:
So says a GOP (what did you expect) Congressional candidate from South Carolina.

Quote:
Mark Burns, a MAGA pastor who is running for Congress in South Carolina, is an unabashed Christian nationalist who openly declares that “any policy that is contrary to the word of God” needs to be made illegal.

Burns appeared on the Real America’s Voice program “The Water Cooler” Monday, where he proclaimed that “the gospel of Jesus Christ should be [at] the center of American politics.” When asked by host David Brody what he meant by that, Burns declared that “any law that is against the word of God” must be overturned.

“Laws that are contrary to God’s word that are actively legal or laws today need to be overturned,” Burns said. “Any law that is against the word of God, that is clearly against what God has said in his word—in a nation that is a Christian nation, a nation that has the majority of citizens who actively believe that Jesus is the Messiah, that he is coming back again with omnipotent power in his hands—if it’s against the word of God and it’s actively a law today, then it should be overturned. We should have a moral compass, and right now in America, we’re losing that moral compass. The liberal left is slowly [chipping] away.”

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/mag ... verturned/

You will also be surprised to learn that this guy is a Trump cultist. We need to expose these fascists at every turn. It's sadly ironic how somebody running for Congress has no idea what the Constitution means.

That man has my respect because he did not just sit there on his behind. He made a stand, and it takes a man with guts to stand for what he believes in like that. I admire him for his dedication to his faith.

What about you? Are you going to stand for election?

Huh? This man wants to throw away the Constitution and establish a Christian theocracy. How is that admirable?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 7:42 pm

Have you ever done any preaching with a live audience standing up for your beliefs? This takes guts.

Regarding your constitution. It is written to stand on the Word of God. In other words, it is ok as it is.

Here in Britain we have the Magna Carter. All school children used to be taught about it as it was important. The most important part that we were taught was that the British Isles must never be governed by a ruler who lives outside these shores. We as a people have the right to ignore all laws that were made by rulership outside of these shores. The EU had to have our own parliaments to pass their laws here in the UK when we were under EU rule as technically we were not allowed to be under EU rule... So all EU laws had to be passed a second time inside the UK and were not allowed to come straight in directly from the EU.
It is also why we could not give up our currency.

I can't see your constitution being drastically changed. Your constitution stands on Gods laws but also allows the freedom of choice. It is hard to change it because how could one make it better? Your citizens have the rights to force (Why you have the gun rights) any future leader out of power if they genuinely over ride your democratic rule. This is a last resort back up.

Here, while we do not specifically have gun rights, the rights to overthrow our government if it goes outside of democratic rule are retained. We actually have hanging rights via our queens command for any person who goes against democratic rule. Some pro EU politicians (Not all) came close to treason for what they were saying on our news and the way they were trying to force a reversal of the democratic vote. It is only because our queen is merciful that she did not excercise these rights on behalf of the people, so we do have a back up, but in a different way.
It was interesting how the EU were panicing over this and tried to have all copies of the Magna Carter stored away where the public were not allowed to access them. Fortunately they did not find all copies. One needs to know Latin to read the things though!

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 07 Dec 2021, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 7:47 pm

I'm not a pure fundamentalist or Christian nationalist, but in spirit most laws are (and should) in general should be based of God's principles or of goodwill. Not in an extreme literal way, I mean. But the spirit of it should reflect it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 7:50 pm

Descartes wrote:
... This man wants to throw away the Constitution and establish a Christian theocracy.  How is that admirable?
If you approve of slavery, subjugation of women, imperialism by genocide, suppression of free speech and press, double jeopardy, warrant-less searches and seizure of property, poll taxes, and self-incrimination through forced confessions -- all through the establishment of a state-controlled religious institution -- then it is exceedingly admirable.

It would not be a Christian theocracy; at least, none that Christ would have envisioned.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 7:54 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Have you ever done any preaching with a live audience standing up for your beliefs? This takes guts.

He's still dead wrong, though.

Mountain Goat wrote:
Regarding your constitution. It is written to stand on the Word of God. In other words, it is ok as it is.

Our constitution forbids Congress from establishing a state religion. This guy evidently doesn't believe in that principle.

Mountain Goat wrote:
Here in Britain we have the Magna Carter. All school children used to be taught about it as it was important. The most important part that we were taught was that the British Isles must never be governed by a ruler who lives outside these shores. We as a people have the right to ignore all laws that were made by rulership outside of these shores. The EU had to have our own parliaments to pass their laws here in the UK when we were under EU rule as technically we were not allowed to be under EU rule... So all EU laws had to be passed a second time inside the UK and were not allowed to come straight in directly from the EU.
It is also why we could not give up our currency etc, etc.

Interesting to know. Thanks for the information!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:09 pm

apex116 wrote:
I am the Holy Spirit.

How do you make that out?

You can have the Holy Spirit living within you, but you are not the Holy Spirit.

I need to read the conversation on the page before as I have not seen the context of why you wrote this. :P

But as Fnord said. If you think that you "ARE" the Holy Spirit, then there is something wrong that you need to address in your beliefs.

I have heard of people calling themselves Jesus, and a few odd people have thought they were God, but I have never met anyone in my life who said they were the Holy Spirit and never even heard of it! Haha!

Ok. I will read the page before. :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:15 pm

Descartes wrote:
So says a GOP (what did you expect) Congressional candidate from South Carolina.  [...]  You will also be surprised to learn that this guy is a Trump cultist. We need to expose these fascists at every turn.  It's sadly ironic how somebody running for Congress has no idea what the Constitution means.
Pastor Mark Burns claimed to have held a bachelor of science degree from North Greenville University and claimed to have served six years in the U.S. Army Reserve.  These are both lies.

In August 2016, those claims were disproved by CNN.  Burns attended North Greenville University for one semester and did not receive a degree.  Burns served from 2001 to 2005 in the South Carolina Army National Guard, which is unrelated to the Army Reserve.  Later he admitted that he had lied about his education, but said he was attacked because he is "a black man supporting Donald Trump for president."  Exposing lies is not an attack, unless one's whole identity is based upon deception.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Descartes wrote:
So says a GOP (what did you expect) Congressional candidate from South Carolina.  [...]  You will also be surprised to learn that this guy is a Trump cultist. We need to expose these fascists at every turn.  It's sadly ironic how somebody running for Congress has no idea what the Constitution means.
Pastor Mark Burns claimed to have held a bachelor of science degree from North Greenville University and claimed to have served six years in the U.S. Army Reserve.  These are both lies.

In August 2016, those claims were disproved by CNN.  Burns attended North Greenville University for one semester and did not receive a degree.  Burns served from 2001 to 2005 in the South Carolina Army National Guard, which is unrelated to the Army Reserve.  Later he admitted that he had lied about his education, but said he was attacked because he is "a black man supporting Donald Trump for president."  Exposing lies is not an attack, unless one's whole identity is based upon deception.

So he's a hypocrite, then. Figures. I guess he believes that commandment about not bearing false witness doesn't apply to him.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 8:23 pm

Descartes wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Descartes wrote:

So he's a hypocrite, then. Figures.  I guess he believes that commandment about not bearing false witness doesn't apply to him.
Did you not know that when an Evangelical Republican gets "saved", he is no longer bound by any Commandments against sin?

:roll: Yes, that is sarcasm.