Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 8:55 am

A potent anti respiratory illness 'potion', right underneath everyone's noses that they can use to help them prevent Covid-19.

Backed up by years of scientific literature and proven to reduce the risk of death from respiratory illness. Yet GP's in my country do not tell you this, strangely enough. It has nothing to do with profit, nothing to do with profit at all. :D :roll: :heart:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/can-vita ... ns-4842761

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 08 Dec 2021, 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 8:56 am

I've heard about Vitamin D before----for many things.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 8:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

It is essential during a pandemic.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 9:00 am

It is also essential in winter for people who don't get out of the house much.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 9:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Very much so. If you are not getting enough sunlight, which is the case for most reclusive Autistic folk, you 100% need to take Vitamin D if you want a healthy immune system.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 4:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

And for people who live so far north that they barely see the sun in winter (the days get so short, and if you work indoors, you could go months without ever seeing the sun!)

Seasonal depressive disorder is a thing... I already suffer depression and I need to minimize as many contributors to depression as possible :lol:

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 5:36 pm

I've been taking 5,000 IU of Vitamin D a day for years.

When I got covid in early May 2020, it was quite mild in spite of having a couple of comorbidities. I never even saw a doctor when I had it.

By the way, regarding Vitamin D and Autism, there is a conjecture that low levels of Vitamin D while carrying a child increases the possibility of the child having Autism or Schizophrenia. Part of that is because Autism and Schizophrenia are apparently more common in more northern areas where people are less likely to get adequate Vitamin D from sun exposure. I don't know if anything has ever come out of that though.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 6:14 pm

It's an immune regulator. It helps against an excessive pro-inflammatory immune response. That pro-inflammatory response can lead to increased immune self-attack during a viral infection such as COVID-19, with immune self-attack being the main cause of severe outcome there. You want a balanced pro- and anti-inflammatory response. The virus on its own isn't too damaging as you see with asymptomatic cases that mount a good balanced immune response but have similar viral loads, and even the majority of those showing up ground glass opacities on lung CT, so they're getting viral pneumonia all the same. Supplementing daily with the recommended dose is smart, as most people don't get enough from the sun.

I doubt it'll prevent infection in this case with SARS-CoV-2 since it's so human adapted combined with moderate fusogenicity.

Those with autism might have higher Vitamin D deficiency than than those without, so it's something to think about.

My GP actually ordered my levels checked last year and recommended Vitamin D, though I told her I knew. We had a good talk there on many a SARS-CoV-2 thing.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 6:18 pm

First thing i went to during the pandemic. Maybe it does protect, or maybe it has a placebo effect. Either way it can't hurt.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 6:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

they must be for hornses huh.

Hornse drugs are bad, Mkay.