Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 4:13 pm

Autistic people, like normal people, have a wide variety of interests.

Me? I like to read Tolkien, Percy Jackson, Artemis Fowl, and Harry Potter.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 4:44 pm

BlossX wrote:
Jay123 wrote:
I've read that people with Asperger's Hate Fiction, I read Fiction and NonFiction, I'm an English Major so I enjoy books up the Ying Yang, I think it's a misconception that People on the Spectrum have No Imagination such as no Pretend Play and hating Literature, what do you guys think?

I read absolutely no fiction , and I'm also not interested in the lore of videogames or other kind of games.

I'm a total aspie indeed. I read only documented history books with proven facts by the major historians out there.

Have you ever compared the documented history books with proven facts by the major historians of different countries? There are some amazing differences.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 5:21 pm

I enjoy fiction, but often non-fiction is easier to read. I mean in the sense of psychic/emotional comfort. Fiction varies in this way. I think stuff that is very figurative (or I guess NT), such as Nabokov, I can find very annoying. Especially if I've had a lot of interaction around the time I read it. I very much prefer Kafka, Beckett, Orwell, and things like that. If the metaphor is handled in a certain way, it really works for me, though, like Jeanette Winterson or Emily Dickenson.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 6:43 pm

Oh yes I like reading stories. Although I've always disliked romance. :) I prefer fantasy and adventures, with just a hint of romance if any. I've grown more tolerant of romantic stuff over the years, but I still don't like them much. Characters in my own stories never want to fall in love or be tied down. :D