Ever spoiled the ending to a movie, book, etc.?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 6:17 pm

...but please don't tell them here!

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 7:26 pm

Yes, actually. Today I told my cousin the ending of the Harry Potter book, just to be annoying.

And now she thinks that Hagrid is Dumbledore's brother, that Harry dies, and Voldemort discovers religion and becomes a pastor of a small baptist church in Tennesee. :wink:

Apathy is not a vice, it is a relieving and downright enjoyable life-choice.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 7:37 pm

cruimh_shionnachain wrote:
Yes, actually. Today I told my cousin the ending of the Harry Potter book, just to be annoying.

And now she thinks that Hagrid is Dumbledore's brother, that Harry dies, and Voldemort discovers religion and becomes a pastor of a small baptist church in Tennesee. :wink:

This just had me cackling with laughter!

thanks for the exercise.

Merle

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 8:01 pm

I spoil myself... my desire for knowledge is greater than getting it fresh. Within reason of course.

I usually can lose myself in the media enough to make the revelations interesting again.

Plus, it's interesting in knowing just how they are going to build up to the event.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 8:06 pm

There is a radiostation that is spoiling the ending to Harry Potter 7

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 9:01 pm

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
There is a radiostation that is spoiling the ending to Harry Potter 7

Uh oh, what radio station?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 9:42 pm

Its been over a week since the books have come out. . . when do you think they should start talking about the book? Next year, perhaps?

Merle

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 10:26 pm

I know the ending. I read it TWICE in the same newspaper!
One was about a week ago, I think it was the day after the book came out. The article said:
"I just looked at the book. Good to know that Harry..."
followed by spoiler after spoiler :P

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 1:20 pm

I just remember when Book 6 came out and somebody made this huge banner saying "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!" in the line of sight of people in line waiting to get the book...lol. It's so mean but I find it so funny. XD

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 3:10 pm

A lady headmistress here in good urld England (spelling intended) read the final part of the Harry Potter book to a whole school! It made mainstream news! I think people should just lighten up. I actually like being told what happens in something (I always read the episode guide on the House website) because it makes it less surprising that way!

I personally haven't done anything like that... yet...

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Aug 2007, 3:31 pm

I kept threatening to tell people the ending of Harry Potter because Wikipedia has it summed up in about a sentence. It was surprising how angry/scared they got when they thought I was about to tell them.

Soopervilin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2007, 3:56 pm

I took my sister to rent the movie Titanic when it was released on video for her birthday. There was a huge line at Blockbuster full of people waiting to buy it. I turned to the lady behind me and made a joke "Do you think it'll upset anybody if I just shout out 'The boat sinks'?"

She stared at me for a moment, got a really angry look on her face, put down her copy of the movie and stormed out. Apparently I'd ruined the whole movie for her by saying that. My question is: Where had this lady been that she had no idea the Titanic sank?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 3:57 pm

I have, inadvertently.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 8:42 am

Quote:
She stared at me for a moment, got a really angry look on her face, put down her copy of the movie and stormed out. Apparently I'd ruined the whole movie for her by saying that. My question is: Where had this lady been that she had no idea the Titanic sank?

I laughed so much when I read that! In answer to the question: she was stuck in a parallel universe on a ship called the Cinatit! Of course the Cinatit didn't' sink...

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 10:08 am

I never could understand why people are so angry having heard how a book ends. 8O Every time when Stephen King's new book is published I wade through King fans's forums and look for reviews in the Internet to get some information about that novel.

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 5:12 pm

I saw a feature in a film magazine once - a list that gave away the twist for 10 classic films. At the beginning of the feature was a warning: "don't read this" or something. So obviously I couldn't help myself. :(

But the only spoiler I remember for a film I hadn't seen was for The Sting. I still haven't seen it. Not much point now. :(