Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

purpleclad
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Dec 2021, 3:37 am

Hello, hopefully I put this in the right spot. I figured this phenomenon is considered psychological. Anyone else out there have a really strong sense of pareidolia? If that's what you call it?

I am currently dating someone that does not recount ever seeing faces in things such as the fronts of cars, or shapes in the clouds. I myself see patterns and faces in so many things it distracts me from my daily life. I like to consider airplanes as "sky puppies" now because they resemble creatures to me. Anyone else feel like they either have a strong sense of this or not at all?

Despite experiencing this quite often, the Rorschach Test is considered one of the most famous examples of pareidolia. However, the Rorschach Test has never made sense to me. I only ever see ink and no specific shapes.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 6:11 am

I generally do not automatically or naturally spot faces in "things" (jesus on toast for example) but I have prosopagnosia so that makes sense to me. Perhaps your friend has prosopagnosia too. I can find faces in things if they are pointed out to me or if I deliberately focus on looking for them, but it doesn't come naturally. In things I have read, the ability to find faces is part of our neurology. So mine must be a little funky, well, I know that is true. Best wishes

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2021, 6:32 am

Sometimes I spot faces in things, but less so than others, it seems. I don't know if I have prosopagnosia, I do have more problems than others recognizing people, but I don't have a diagnosis of it.

I see some things in clouds, mostly animal shapes.

To me, most Rorschach images don't look like anything at all.

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 6:41 am

I not only see faces in things, but often bodies that strike curious poses

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 7:19 am

theprisoner wrote:
I not only see faces in things, but often bodies that strike curious poses

Haha, this reminds of someone/something. Probably what they look like when outside of the spectrum of visible light. Flashing momentarily into your visual field then out again. :lol:

"It's a bug, goddamnit, it's a bug!" :P :D