What are your red flags in relationships?

Page 2 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 2:35 am

Its a giant red flag and a deal breaker if she is not set willing to set up a dynasty trust that provides a living for every member of our family thousands of years into the future.It is a dealbreaker if she is not willing to be like the typical American millionaire and if she is not willing to spend like the typical American millionaire by living the Everyday Millionaire lifestyle.its a dealbreaker if she is not willing to buy the clothes of a typical average American millionaire.Its a deal breaker if she does not have dark or blonde hair.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 11 Dec 2021, 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 3:26 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Its a giant red flag and a deal breaker if she is not willing to be a "Give Everything Away Christian." someday.It is a dealbreaker if she is not willing to be like the typical American millionaire and if she is not willing to spend like the typical American millionaire by living the Everyday Millionaire lifestyle.its a dealbreaker if she is not willing to buy the clothes of a typical average American millionaire.

Well those seem a little crazy, is that really what you want? What does spending like a typical American millionaire even mean? And what is the Typical millionaire everyday lifestyle? I am but a poor folk so I don't understand these things. Also if I came into lots of money via my boyfriend winning the powerball I figure we'd be unlikely to spend it on what would be considered everyday millionaire lifestyle. Like we'd have fun with it and use it to make the things we love come to life we could try and start a warhammer/table top minature store which we'd quite enjoy. And probably get a house that would be good enough for us and then we still would have remaining money. For sure if we won that huge sum of money we probably would not switch to some glamorous lifestyle we'd probably keep living simularly as we do now just with a lot more money to spend on the things we like.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 3:36 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Its a giant red flag and a deal breaker if she is not willing to be a "Give Everything Away Christian." someday.It is a dealbreaker if she is not willing to be like the typical American millionaire and if she is not willing to spend like the typical American millionaire by living the Everyday Millionaire lifestyle.its a dealbreaker if she is not willing to buy the clothes of a typical average American millionaire.

Well those seem a little crazy, is that really what you want? What does spending like a typical American millionaire even mean? And what is the Typical millionaire everyday lifestyle? I am but a poor folk so I don't understand these things. Also if I came into lots of money via my boyfriend winning the powerball I figure we'd be unlikely to spend it on what would be considered everyday millionaire lifestyle. Like we'd have fun with it and use it to make the things we love come to life we could try and start a warhammer/table top minature store which we'd quite enjoy. And probably get a house that would be good enough for us and then we still would have remaining money. For sure if we won that huge sum of money we probably would not switch to some glamorous lifestyle we'd probably keep living simularly as we do now just with a lot more money to spend on the things we like.

Hi Sweetleaf spending like the typical American millionaire and living the Millionaire next door lifestyle is wearing cheap clothes and shopping at Walmart Target and Amazon and driving a used Ford Honda or Toyota and living in a modest house that is not a mansion and not spending lots of money and not eating out a lot and investing into an index fund and/or blue chip stocks and maybe buying maybe buying some gold and silver and government bonds or buying a small amount of land or have some rent houses on the side.The typical American millionare lives a middle class to upper middle class or blue collar life and you would not be able to identify them by looking at them.Most people who have fancy things and live in big houses and mansions are broke.The typical American millionaire would go broke so fast if they tried to live a typical lifestyle of the 1920's millionaire ie super duper rich.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 11 Dec 2021, 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 3:39 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

You are describing the everyday millionaire lifestyle in the scenario that you won the lottery in.The everyday millionaire wears cheap clothes from like Walmart Amazon JC Penney's Dillards and thrift stores and uses coupons.vast majority of millionaires cant live glamourly in America.No millionaire can afford a private jet or mega yacht.The typical million dollar amount in the stock market would only produce 30 to 50,000 dollars a year for 30 years before running out in retirement.Well I hope I dont have to live the typical millionaire lifestyle forever.I hope I could afford the Texas Big Rich Life someday with my wife.It is a red flag if she not willing to let me be a banker and central banker.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 11 Dec 2021, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 4:20 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Hi Sweetleaf spending like the typical American millionaire and living the Millionaire next door lifestyle is wearing cheap clothes and shopping at Walmart Target and Amazon and driving a used Ford Honda or Toyota and living in a modest house that is not a mansion and not spending lots of money and not eating out a lot and investing into an index fund and/or blue chip stocks and maybe buying maybe buying some gold and silver and government bonds or buying a small amount of land or have some rent houses on the side.The typical American millionare lives a middle class to upper middle class or blue collar life and you would not be able to identify them by looking at them.Most people who have fancy things and live in big houses and mansions are broke.The typical American millionaire would go broke so fast if they tried to live a typical lifestyle of the 1920's millionaire ie super duper rich.

So you're saying it's actually smart of me and my boyfriend if we got a lot of money it would be smart to invest into something we could make more money from. And continue living a simular lifestye, though we'd for sure upgrade to a house instead of an apartment. But yeah if we got that kind of money we'd probably try and figure good ways to use it rather than just blowing it all right away spending on a bunch of stupid stuff.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 4:22 am

Its a red flag if she believes that covid is a hoax or a conspiracy or does not believe in Dr.Fauci's covid protocols or she is unvaxxed and does not wear masks and practice social distancing.Its a deal breaker if she is QAnon and 100 percent believes that Trump won.its a red flag and a deal breaker if she wants to use managed mutual funds.Its a deal breaker if she wants to put our all our life savings into physical gold and silver and Bitcoin and is unwilling to invest in no-load free index funds and senior settlements.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 11 Dec 2021, 6:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 4:31 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

So you're saying it's actually smart of me and my boyfriend if we got a lot of money it would be smart to invest into something we could make more money from. And continue living a simular lifestye, though we'd for sure upgrade to a house instead of an apartment. But yeah if we got that kind of money we'd probably try and figure good ways to use it rather than just blowing it all right away spending on a bunch of stupid stuff.

Exactly That is correct. invest in some no-load index funds or ETFs and bonds and a gold ETF and physical gold and silver and Bitcoin in that situation for yall and get a financial advisor that is a fiduciary if yall would need it.Maybe give some to charity.I would advise you to get a 30 year mortgage and pay it off in 30 years in that situation.Just dont put the lotto winnings in a bank account for the rest of your life or you would lose millions.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 6:05 am

Its a red flag and a deal breaker if she uses pot in Texas because its illegal here.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 11 Dec 2021, 7:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 6:06 am

Its a red flag and a deal breaker if she wants to get drunk.Its a deal breaker if she is not willing to live in New Mexico or a big farm and ranch of at least 3 sections in the Texas Hill Country.Its a red flag if she thinks we should give the poor outside of the traditional church of Christ money and food and clothing and supplies and gifts.Its a deal breaker if she gives to the church if she feels forced to.

BugsBunnyFan
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2021, 1:22 pm

• Being obsessed with team sports. I’m not only not interested in team sports, it seems to come with a lot of personality traits I don’t like. Casually liking team sports could annoy me a bit, but I’ll tolerate it if I like everything else. It just can’t be an obsession.

• Demanding I explain myself all the time. Sometimes I’m unreadable. Even to myself. I do best with people who accept they can’t understand me 100% of the time.

• Like other people said checking in too much. It’s just exhausting.

• Expecting everything to be 50/50 all the time. I can understand this, but when people obsess over this too much it just makes people too hard to deal with.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 6:19 pm

BugsBunnyFan wrote:
• Being obsessed with team sports. I’m not only not interested in team sports, it seems to come with a lot of personality traits I don’t like. Casually liking team sports could annoy me a bit, but I’ll tolerate it if I like everything else. It just can’t be an obsession.

• Demanding I explain myself all the time. Sometimes I’m unreadable. Even to myself. I do best with people who accept they can’t understand me 100% of the time.

• Like other people said checking in too much. It’s just exhausting.

• Expecting everything to be 50/50 all the time. I can understand this, but when people obsess over this too much it just makes people too hard to deal with.

Ya ......like I would not want to marry her if she she made me watch sports on TV or is obcessed with the NFL or any pro sports or college sports aside from going to games.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 6:31 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Pretty much this ^

I understand "red flag" to mean an indication that future behaviors could become dangerous/harmful.

The behaviors described in the graphic are usually stepping stones to gain control over the other person (harmful to their mental health), and depending on the controlling person, they could then commit violence and keep the controlled person around (due to their now impaired mental state).

What some people are discussing sound more like personal "deal breakers" - what they will not personally tolerate, but aren't behaviors that would be universally dangerous.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 6:42 pm

Yes - red flag means the relationship will lead to emotional, psychological, or physical abuse.

If you don't pick up on the warning signs early on, it will be difficult and dangerous to exit the relationship later.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 6:48 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Yes - red flag means the relationship will lead to emotional, psychological, or physical abuse.

If you don't pick up on the warning signs early on, it will be difficult and dangerous to exit the relationship later.

well in my case I consider a red flag to be something that would prevent my relationship with my wife from working whether it be personal reasons or any number of things but thats just my opinion.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 6:50 pm

a deal breaker would be if she is not a cheapskate.Its a deal breaker if she does not let me borrow billions of dollars worth in good debt and start the biggest ranch in Texas that is bigger than the King Ranch.Its a deal breaker if she is not willing to hunt with me nearly every day we can and she is not willing to live in Texas her whole life.Its a deal breaker if she is not willing to settle down in Texas on a exotic game ranch in the Texas Hill Country where we will have our commune for the rest of our lives and is not willing to retire in Texas and is not willing to let me work till I am 100 or work until I die.Its a red flag and a deal breaker if she is not willing to live in West Texas or San Antone or Austin or Corpus or Midessa or Abilene or Angelo or Lubbock or Waco or Little Texas like in Carlsbad,New Mexico or Roswell, New Mexico or Hobbs,New Mexico or Big Spring, Texas or El Paso, Texas or if she is not willing to settle down in Las Cruces or Albuquerque, New Mexico.Its a deal breaker if she is not willing to live in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas or never lets me buy a Boeing 737 if we are billionaires.Its a deal breaker if she is not willing to settle down in Nevada TN or Phoenix,Arizona or Florida.Its a dealbreaker if she does not let our sons play high school football.Its a dealbreaker if she wants our kids to graduate from a big state school that is not Texas Tech or Texas A&M.Its a deal breaker if she wants our kids to go to the University of Texas at Austin.Its a deal breaker if she is wanting to send our kids to a church of Christ university than Harding in Searcy,Arkansas or Freed-Hardeman in TN or.Its a deal breaker if she is not willing to send our kids to a branch of the University of Texas or Texas State or TAMU system.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 9:25 pm

↑ Those are not "Red Flags", those are terms to a prenuptial agreement for a women you have not even met.