Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2007, 6:52 pm

I have no place to use the abundance of energy I have, and have learned to keep it inside because otherwise it wouldn't be socially acceptable, so what's left is kind of this internalized unguided energy that just makes me nervous and scatterbrained... is this a common occurance for people with AS?

The name of this place is wrong planet, and I feel that's exactly what I'm on. There must be some other planet that let's you fly away and be free... this place is way to oppressive for me... and it just leaves me depressed and anxious. that's what makes me have OCD more than anything else probably... my mind has nowhere else to go so it just focuses on negative thoughts...

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 8:52 pm

I have a very high energy level, which I expend working out, swimming, playing tennis, bike riding, hiking, anything fun. If you're in the northern hemisphere, it's summer; enjoy it.

panamagrand
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jul 2007, 9:19 pm

I have a great deal of energy that if I don't expend I start getting highly irritable or destructive. (My parents bought me a punching bag as a tot, I used to bite my arms or hit my head with a bristle brush to release the intensity.) Now I have to exercise regularly or I am a screaming meany!

I have a teenager who also recognizes the need to release. We were on a car trip (I HAVE to drive) and he started saying he had way too much energy building up in his legs and needed to go run for a while or he was going to start taking it out on his car mates!

Children have their sorrows as well as men and women; and it would be well to remember this in our dealings with them.

~ Frederick Douglas

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 9:49 pm

If you like music, you can just lock up in your room and freak out with it.

Spaceplayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2007, 9:49 pm

Maybe it's my Leo side (if I actually believed in astrology), but even though "wrong planet" sums me up nicely, I've never been one to concede that I don't belong here. Maybe it's the others who are stranded on my world. Seriously, though I've felt that way at times, I've still decided to fight back and create my own space on this world. Knowing about the Aspergers only gave me more knowledge to customize that space.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Jul 2007, 9:51 pm

hadapurpura wrote:
i loved the way you just said that :wink:

panamagrand
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jul 2007, 9:53 pm

psychotic wrote:
I have no place to use the abundance of energy I have, and have learned to keep it inside because otherwise it wouldn't be socially acceptable, so what's left is kind of this internalized unguided energy that just makes me nervous and scatterbrained... is this a common occurance for people with AS?

The name of this place is wrong planet, and I feel that's exactly what I'm on. There must be some other planet that let's you fly away and be free... this place is way to oppressive for me... and it just leaves me depressed and anxious. that's what makes me have OCD more than anything else probably... my mind has nowhere else to go so it just focuses on negative thoughts...

I had a hard time at parties and like social events, and inevitably people would ask me if I was drunk or on drugs.... (I was neither) I just had my own little high.

Somehow, I find my own way to be free... I get a real high out of being in motion. I think they call it "motion ecstacy"?? You can't worry what others think... 'cause it only matters what YOU think....

Children have their sorrows as well as men and women; and it would be well to remember this in our dealings with them.

~ Frederick Douglas

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2007, 12:01 pm

I get that built up energy feeling that can so quickly turn to frustration, or burst out in anger on someone if they do the smallest thing that annoys me. So I go running or take long walks to let that energy out. At night I go skipping in our big back yard. It is really exciting to vigorously skip throwing your arms around as you go. It instantly puts a smile on my face as I skip around watching the fireflys glow. I only do this at night because I am sure that it looks absolutely ridiculous.

Michaela115
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2007, 8:36 pm

I feel like I have loads of internal energy. Maybe it's because I'm a teen now, and am not as active as I used to be?
It feels like there is something inside me...in my tummy, jumping up and down, desperate to burst out. I really wanna jjump and go all hyperactive and let it all out...but it doesn't happen. It is like there is something stopping me. When I was with my mum, seeing the psychiatrist when I was diagnosed, I kept feeling like leaping up! Maybe it was the nerves and anxiety that caused it.
I'm sure I have ADD as well, and we are waiting to find out. But I wouldn't say I have ADHD, because when I exaplained the internal hyperactive feeling, she said with people with ADHD, it is very noticable on the outside. Although, girls display it differently to boys. But no, the more I think about it, the more i realise that it's just ADD traits I have.
I should prbably go back to karate, that was great. I stopped because I was in year 10 and found it hard to deal with all the coursework, and mock exams, but I really am thinking of going back, it was brilliant!

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 8:39 pm

richardbenson wrote:
hadapurpura wrote:
i loved the way you just said that :wink:

i do

hitting punching bags with music rocks too

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 7:40 am

Me got no energy.

Too much or too little are symptoms of autism spectrum disorders.