Page 7 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:12 am

Pre teen- 147
Tests devised by psychometrician-148

High range send to- spatial 130 &114,numerical 130 &138, verbal 128(outlier) 142,143,145,148,148,151,152,153,154,155,159,168

However in terms of real life functioning I don't function at anywhere near that level.ax

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 6:06 am

I used to say Disney Walt that was before the 1960 Kennedy/Nixon election

That came from the 12 volume children's encyclopaedia my parents had bought. I was less than 4 years old. I wasn't a high achiever at school i.e grades ranged from B+ to C-. In fact I seriously underperformed academically.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 6:18 am

What do mean that you "used to say 'Disney Walt' " when you were a kid in the early Sixties?

Do you mean that you would reverse Walt Disney's names? And if so what does that mean?

That you were dyslexic? Or that you just saw his name in a child's encyclopedia listed under his last name (like everyone else) and just thought Disney was his first name?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 7:38 am

naturalplastic wrote:
What do mean that you "used to say 'Disney Walt' " when you were a kid in the early Sixties?

Do you mean that you would reverse Walt Disney's names? And if so what does that mean?

That you were dyslexic? Or that you just saw his name in a child's encyclopedia listed under his last name (like everyone else) and just thought Disney was his first name?

I am certainly not dyslexic. I was looking at encyclopaedias a long time before the avg child.
I had no idea about the surname then first name format though.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 10:42 am

carlos55 wrote:
About half of autistic people have an IQ below average which is 85

Including about a third with intellectual disability

Their is unfortunately a strong link between IQ and autism which is not just coincidence

Any given developmental disability increases the likelihood of having any given other developmental disability too. This doesn't mean all developmental disabilities are the same.

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Dec 2021, 12:14 am

Surprisingly I was already on the right topic as I opened. I seemed go go from ASD 1, to what would be ASD 1.5. My first time back to a regular church in years. My eardrums were on constant vibration, the blinking lights were definitely blinding, my anxiety was so high I thought I was gonna have my 3rd seizure in my life, I was about ready to cry and have a meltdown when I got back due to all the built up stimulation from church even though I only shedded a few light tears. But I looked it all over, I get super defensive when talking about my interests, I follow a lot of routines like my meditation and prayer methods, I’ll sit alone and not talk to anyone in public and my religious Ocd has been crippling my life to the point where that’s all I think about. I can still speak like a nt would and hide my symptoms even though I don’t hide it when I’m all alone (repeating phrases, stimming, looking up my interest in angels often, etc) so I see myself as level 1.5 if not a level 2 ASD now

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 2:04 am

My (step)daughter has described me as 'severely autistic'. I don't see that I am though. I am dual diagnosed ASD and schizophrenia; how much that affects things I wouldn't like to say.

Nemesis2k7
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2022, 4:01 am

I find that the whole Autism = smart thing. Yea, not true. For example, i am good at computers, and can pick up on technology and things really well. But when it comes to "life smarts" i am slow. I am no good at it. and i have not gotten much better as the years have gone on. I keep trying though. And things like sports, physical activities, no good. Allot of things i just "dont get"

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2022, 1:00 pm

IQ tests are designed for a certain type of persons whom appear to be overrepresented.

The external expression of autistic intelligence in time can and will fluctuate. An IQ test will not evaluate this.
It's not about being in good or bad disposition when taking a test.

Sorry if there two points were already mentioned in the thread.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 11:12 am

IQ tests were primarily developed in the early 20th century, and were designed with middle/upper class European/"Western" people in mind.

They were somewhat modified in later editions----but the European/"Western" bias remains.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 2:14 pm

My latest test. You don't automatically get a high score. My results are towards the right end of the bell curve. Lowest raw score is 8.

Image First attempt was 157.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 3:13 pm

Does anyone here know the formula, or have a conversion chart to convert an IQ score under the Otis-Lennon MA Form J system into a population percentile?

The test was administered in December, 1981 in New York State, in the United States.

Apparently, some relevant info may be found in "Norms Conversion Booklet (1969: 111)"

Thanks,
Darron

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 3:26 pm

firemonkey wrote:
My latest test. You don't automatically get a high score. My results are towards the right end of the bell curve. Lowest raw score is 8.

Image First attempt was 157.

Rocking it!

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jan 2022, 9:09 pm

I can play music by ear, do some pretty good art, be very positive centered as said as well as a genius. But I would be surprised if I got a low score on an IQ test. I consider my functioning level falling more and more but am still told I’m very knowledgeable in my interests.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 9:28 pm

160. That's impressive. Same as Jordan Peterson apparently. You could have been a professor. Atleast the potential was there. It takes more than just maxing out in IQ to be successful though. Strong work ethic, emotional intelligence, social skills, resiliency are critical.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 9:31 pm

if god granted me genius, i would be able to do a lot of good in this world. if i were as smart as bill gates, there would be lots of changes made. and it takes SANITY above all to be able to make proper use of genius. there are lots of smarties out there who are deviating from sanity more than once in a while.