Rittenhouse wants Biden to Apologise to him

Page 7 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,021
Location: Australia

14 Dec 2021, 5:54 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
If you embarrass yourself, like Tim Flannery, you wouldn't want to remind people of the fact. :mrgreen:


Biden is keeping quiet but AOC has said the verdict is symptom of systemic racism etc...so she's still up for a fight


What person over 50 takes AOC seriously? :scratch:


ok boomer :mrgreen:


You aren't that young either, Grasshopper. 8)


Neither is she.

But really, using 'oh no one over this age takes her seriously' is begging to be dismissed as too old to still be in touch. Since that seems obvious I assumed you were kidding so I was just teasing.


You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. 8)

Yes, I was not being literal.
It doesn't change the fact she needs more life/political experience, period.
Based on what I have heard, she isn't taken that seriously even in her own party. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.


uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Aug 2019
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 751

14 Dec 2021, 6:06 pm

Pepe wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
This isn’t a court of law, so posters aren’t required to adhere to a strict legal definition of murder.


I would agree, but when those same people want to get very legalistic and technical about defamation, it sort of opens them up to the charge of being careless with murderer. Also, you have to admit at this point, the bad information and bad takes have largely been a one way street here, the BS has all gone in the same direction.


Words and subtlety can be tricky to some, so I'll try to explain this in a few words as possible.


Are you saying you are good at reading between the lines? :scratch:

uncommondenominator wrote:
Do you actually have any tricks other than modified gaslighting? You have a thousand ways of saying "everything you said is stupid", but that's about all you say.

Now, why exactly does anyone "have to admit" what you're claiming about bad information and bad takes? Because you said so? Surely you don't expect people to just take your word for it? Let me guess... "It's too stupid to even try to explain!" - more gaslighting. "It's stupid cos it's stupid, cos it's stupid! That should be OBVIOUS!" So it's obvious, but you still can't explain it. Wild.


Personally speaking, I have given up "taking a horse to water".
It is pointless, since you can't reason with unreasonable people.
They simply ignore the facts.
What can you do? :shrug:

uncommondenominator wrote:
Figuratively speaking, of course, you can GTFOOH with that "everyone who disagrees with me is stupid!" crap. Cos that's all it is. Naturally, you are in fact welcome to keep doing it. Sometimes it works, on those who aren't used to it. But those who know better, know better.


Over the time I have interacted with Dox, I have developed a considerable respect for him.
In my eyes, he has a great deal of credibility.
I came to this conclusion through simple observation, utilising my critical thinking skills, and verifying the facts that he presents.

It is interesting to see how different people perceive the same person differently.

Bottom line seems to be:
If you treat someone with disrespect, don't expect them to be respectful to you. 8)

BTW, I find your comments ironic, since you are perceived as someone who constantly ridicules others. 8)


No, I'm saying that many people on here openly complain about reading difficulties. This includes you, Pepe :D

It's pointless to reason with unreasonable people. I guess I must be reasonable, else you surely wouldn't be bothering to talk to me, would you, Shirley?

Kiss Dox's arse a little harder, I think you missed a spot. Then he can kiss yours again, then you both can go drool over Brictoria some more, and make a nice little circle-jerk out of it. You make a cute trio. Brictoria uses the big words to baffle people, Dox gaslights them while showering Brictoria with praise, and you follow up their rears with smug afterthoughts posted a few words at a time across several posts, and then you all agree how smart you are, and how dumb everyone else is.

See, this is how I know people miss subtlety. I point out people's nasty behavior. I never say they should STOP doing it, I merely observe that that's what's being done. IFFFF, I said STOP IT!, but also engaged in it, then sure, you MIGHT have a point. But I have never said it needed to stop, or that it wasn't right. I have merely pointed it out. If you feel like pointing out things which I do that you don't like, you're more than welcome to. As much as you screech about it, you clearly already do. I don't tell you to stop that either. I still merely point it out.

We're just a couple of people making observations. I'm not bothered by your observations. I merely reply to them with my own. Agree to disagree. Why are y'all so flamingly bothered by my observations. They're just words. If you're so right and righteous, my silly words need not addressing from those who sit up on high, with their mighty knowledge.

I'm perceived as someone who constantly ridicules others?! OH NO! WHAT WILL I EVER DO?!?! HOW CAN I LIVE LIKE THIS?!?! NOBODY LIKES ME!! ! EVERYBODY HATES ME!! ! I must be being GANG STALKED!! !

Well, I'm sure you and your cohorts like to perceive me that way - but there's a nearly endless list of people who you think are against you, so... 8)

I may make a number of claims, but I have never once claimed to be "NICE". You want "nice", hire a therapist to make kissy kissy noises at you. I say what I think, and I don't sugarcoat it. I am well aware that I have a tendency to tread all over pwescious widdle feewings. Autistic trait perhaps. Or maybe I'm just an a$$hole. Who can say 8) Either way, I can live with that. After all, one can be an a$$hole, AND be right. Saying a true fact in a mean way doesn't make the fact dissolve into thin air, no matter how "acidic" the comment is.

As much as you mock and ridicule others, whining about someone else engaging in it too is a bit, sanctimonious, one might think 8)

Get over it. You'll live.



DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,858
Location: Northern California

14 Dec 2021, 6:29 pm

Pepe, since I feel like we’ve been talking past each other, this is what I’ve been trying to say about AOC:

As an older person, I take her seriously solely because of the influence she has on younger people. If someone carries that much influence over that large a segment of the population, it necessitates taking them seriously. If you don’t, you get blindsided when that influence ends up determining policy.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,807

14 Dec 2021, 6:36 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:


I'm not surprised given her track record. It looks like the democrats are also a broad church to include a rep who regularly sticks the knife into the party.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,807

14 Dec 2021, 6:41 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Kiss Dox's arse a little harder, I think you missed a spot. Then he can kiss yours again, then you both can go drool over Brictoria some more, and make a nice little circle-jerk out of it. You make a cute trio. Brictoria uses the big words to baffle people, Dox gaslights them while showering Brictoria with praise, and you follow up their rears with smug afterthoughts posted a few words at a time across several posts, and then you all agree how smart you are, and how dumb everyone else is.

As much as you mock and ridicule others, whining about someone else engaging in it too is a bit, sanctimonious, one might think 8)


Oh! shock horror! are your suggesting our resident "three amigos" would resort to such conduct? I never would have guessed in a million years :lol:



Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,841
Location: Melbourne, Australia

14 Dec 2021, 7:41 pm

It seems Mr Biden isn't the only one who has made factually incorrect statements regarding Mr Rittenhouse:


_________________
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it" - Edith Sitwell

"We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it." - Hillary Clinton

"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,807

14 Dec 2021, 8:00 pm

Brictoria wrote:
It seems Mr Biden isn't the only one who has made factually incorrect statements regarding Mr Rittenhouse:


Using the same yardstick for defamation don't all media outlets misreport cutting/breaking news? how many times does Fox or Sky news lie about events? Remember Andrew Bolt.

Interestingly Sandman had one success with the Washington post but that wasn't a court ordered payout but a settlement out of court which suggests the Washington post didn't want a long protracted defamation court case that might scare away potential advertisers and ruin their brand, This is not unlike Michael Jackson settling out of court to avoid damage to his music career. It's not an admission of guilt.

I am sceptical whether a court would find a media outlet guilty of defamation when their business is to report the news as soon as it breaks. Rittenhouse may certainly be seeking damages from media outlets who (as with the Sandman case) jumped in before checking all the facts.

I do agree the media should offer a retraction where they got facts wrong. My guess is even if Kyle doesn't make any money from legal action/defamation the damage he will inflict against the credibility of the mainstream media as "left-wing/woke apologists" will work for the republican party who seem to trade in this type of propaganda to win supporters.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,021
Location: Australia

15 Dec 2021, 3:35 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe, since I feel like we’ve been talking past each other, this is what I’ve been trying to say about AOC:

As an older person, I take her seriously solely because of the influence she has on younger people. If someone carries that much influence over that large a segment of the population, it necessitates taking them seriously. If you don’t, you get blindsided when that influence ends up determining policy.


Quote:
Strain of Politics: AOC Can’t Take the Heat
By Kevin Jackson -November 20, 2020

After the biggest “theoretical” and short-term victory for Democrats, one would think that AOC would be beaming. However, she acts like her dog died.

She commented:

“I don’t even know if I want to be in politics. You know, for real, in the first six months of my term, I didn’t even know if I was going to run for re-election this year,” she added. “It’s the incoming; it’s the stress. And it’s the violence. It’s the lack of support from your own party; it’s your own party thinking you’re the enemy.

https://theblacksphere.net/2020/11/stra ... take-heat/

8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.


DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,858
Location: Northern California

15 Dec 2021, 4:42 am

Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe, since I feel like we’ve been talking past each other, this is what I’ve been trying to say about AOC:

As an older person, I take her seriously solely because of the influence she has on younger people. If someone carries that much influence over that large a segment of the population, it necessitates taking them seriously. If you don’t, you get blindsided when that influence ends up determining policy.


Quote:
Strain of Politics: AOC Can’t Take the Heat
By Kevin Jackson -November 20, 2020

After the biggest “theoretical” and short-term victory for Democrats, one would think that AOC would be beaming. However, she acts like her dog died.

She commented:

“I don’t even know if I want to be in politics. You know, for real, in the first six months of my term, I didn’t even know if I was going to run for re-election this year,” she added. “It’s the incoming; it’s the stress. And it’s the violence. It’s the lack of support from your own party; it’s your own party thinking you’re the enemy.

https://theblacksphere.net/2020/11/stra ... take-heat/

8)


I guess we're still talking past each other.

I feel like you are trying to convince me not to take her seriously because of her lack of political heft, yet I feel I've already explained that I feel I need to take her seriously solely based on her having a connection to a segment of the population. It has nothing at all to do with her political weight, intelligence or policy. I'm not arguing on her behalf in any way, shape or form. I'm simply noting that she has a large constituency, and because of that, I consider it wise to pay attention.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,087
Location: Seattle-ish

15 Dec 2021, 5:05 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Intentional or not, once he had the visible association with those individuals, it gave his detractors room to associate him with white supremacy.


IIRC, they were calling him that way before the photo, and the PB are not a white supremacist organization, they're just right wing larpers that lefties like to call Nazis for effect. This really sounds like you making excuses.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,087
Location: Seattle-ish

15 Dec 2021, 5:06 am

Pepe wrote:

I was replying to uncommondenominator.


I know, I was agreeing with you about him.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,858
Location: Northern California

15 Dec 2021, 5:16 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Intentional or not, once he had the visible association with those individuals, it gave his detractors room to associate him with white supremacy.


IIRC, they were calling him that way before the photo, and the PB are not a white supremacist organization, they're just right wing larpers that lefties like to call Nazis for effect. This really sounds like you making excuses.


Not excuses, but noting where the line is when it comes to requiring accountability. IMHO, at least.

I will straighten out people who make the claim, but I do not think there are any legal or social grounds for taking them to task over it.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,087
Location: Seattle-ish

15 Dec 2021, 5:30 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
It's pointless to reason with unreasonable people. I guess I must be reasonable, else you surely wouldn't be bothering to talk to me, would you, Shirley?


I dunno, I engage with unreasonable people all the time to make fun of them while rebutting their points, it adds spice. You can't seem to master brevity though, which makes it more of a slog than usual, we don't keep score based on word count you know.

uncommondenominator wrote:
Kiss Dox's arse a little harder, I think you missed a spot. Then he can kiss yours again, then you both can go drool over Brictoria some more, and make a nice little circle-jerk out of it. You make a cute trio. Brictoria uses the big words to baffle people, Dox gaslights them while showering Brictoria with praise, and you follow up their rears with smug afterthoughts posted a few words at a time across several posts, and then you all agree how smart you are, and how dumb everyone else is.


Ooh, that stings, so much hyperbole over the occasional "pepe makes a good point, or "Brictoria is meticulous in his citations", amazing that you're so eager to further set your credibility on fire for anyone who actually follows these threads. Who are you trying to impress here?

Also, if you're going to accuse me of "gaslighting", you're going to have to show me where, as unfounded allegations are rather bad form, as you yourself have complained. It should be easy if I do it all the time, right? 11K+ possible examples to choose from...

uncommondenominator wrote:
See, this is how I know people miss subtlety. I point out people's nasty behavior. I never say they should STOP doing it, I merely observe that that's what's being done. IFFFF, I said STOP IT!, but also engaged in it, then sure, you MIGHT have a point. But I have never said it needed to stop, or that it wasn't right. I have merely pointed it out. If you feel like pointing out things which I do that you don't like, you're more than welcome to. As much as you screech about it, you clearly already do. I don't tell you to stop that either. I still merely point it out.


Ahh yes, 3000 words about why we suck, but you're merely making observations, don't know how anyone could have missed that incredibly sophisticated subtlety, truly a masterstroke. It also happens to be largely lies and hyperbole delivered in a spittle flecked rage, but that's another issue entirely.

uncommondenominator wrote:
We're just a couple of people making observations. I'm not bothered by your observations. I merely reply to them with my own. Agree to disagree. Why are y'all so flamingly bothered by my observations. They're just words. If you're so right and righteous, my silly words need not addressing from those who sit up on high, with their mighty knowledge.


IIRC, you're the one person in this thread crying about how people are desperately trying to silence you, how I'm is screaming at everyone to not pay attention to you, which is an odd way of not being bothered by mere observations. I mean, we're all odd ducks to some extent, but that's pretty weird.

uncommondenominator wrote:
I'm perceived as someone who constantly ridicules others?! OH NO! WHAT WILL I EVER DO?!?! HOW CAN I LIVE LIKE THIS?!?! NOBODY LIKES ME!! ! EVERYBODY HATES ME!! ! I must be being GANG STALKED!! !


That's actually how you sound most of the time, right down to the caps.

uncommondenominator wrote:
Well, I'm sure you and your cohorts like to perceive me that way - but there's a nearly endless list of people who you think are against you, so... 8)


Well, most of the time it is the 3 of us vs most of the rest of the board in various configurations, this place has a way of becoming an echo chamber and chasing off anyone who is even a little bit right leaning.

uncommondenominator wrote:
I may make a number of claims, but I have never once claimed to be "NICE". You want "nice", hire a therapist to make kissy kissy noises at you. I say what I think, and I don't sugarcoat it. I am well aware that I have a tendency to tread all over pwescious widdle feewings. Autistic trait perhaps. Or maybe I'm just an a$$hole. Who can say 8) Either way, I can live with that. After all, one can be an a$$hole, AND be right. Saying a true fact in a mean way doesn't make the fact dissolve into thin air, no matter how "acidic" the comment is.

As much as you mock and ridicule others, whining about someone else engaging in it too is a bit, sanctimonious, one might think 8)

Get over it. You'll live.


The thing is, you suck at being a jerk, you're just annoying because you write these novels full of childish insults that take a lot to respond to, as they need to be broken into chunks that need addressing, you're trying to baffle us with bulk cause you can't dazzle us with talent. I can cut people to pieces with 2 paragraphs, it takes you that much just to warm up for your preamble, it just makes you the worst to deal with, even if you had anything worth saying.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,021
Location: Australia

15 Dec 2021, 7:27 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe, since I feel like we’ve been talking past each other, this is what I’ve been trying to say about AOC:

As an older person, I take her seriously solely because of the influence she has on younger people. If someone carries that much influence over that large a segment of the population, it necessitates taking them seriously. If you don’t, you get blindsided when that influence ends up determining policy.


Quote:
Strain of Politics: AOC Can’t Take the Heat
By Kevin Jackson -November 20, 2020

After the biggest “theoretical” and short-term victory for Democrats, one would think that AOC would be beaming. However, she acts like her dog died.

She commented:

“I don’t even know if I want to be in politics. You know, for real, in the first six months of my term, I didn’t even know if I was going to run for re-election this year,” she added. “It’s the incoming; it’s the stress. And it’s the violence. It’s the lack of support from your own party; it’s your own party thinking you’re the enemy.

https://theblacksphere.net/2020/11/stra ... take-heat/

8)


I guess we're still talking past each other.

I feel like you are trying to convince me not to take her seriously because of her lack of political heft,


I am not trying to convince you of anything/k.
I am simply explaining to you that I know what I am talking about.
Please don't dismiss what I have to say.
You give the impression you know it all, even if you try very hard to show how objective you are.
You are not my mother, mom. :mrgreen:

My attitude is:
Let us agree to disagree.
Perhaps we should avoid each other again. 8)

DW_a_mom wrote:
yet I feel I've already explained that I feel I need to take her seriously solely based on her having a connection to a segment of the population.


Fine.
I don't have a problem with you feeling this way.
I don't.
We are different people.
We are allowed to have different opinions.

DW_a_mom wrote:
It has nothing at all to do with her political weight, intelligence or policy. I'm not arguing on her behalf in any way, shape or form. I'm simply noting that she has a large constituency, and because of that, I consider it wise to pay attention.


I have explained what I think about having a lot of supporters.
Hitler Trump had 74 million of them. 8)

So, in order for me to be "wise", I need to simply accept what you say?
"I don't think so, Tim." 8O

As I have said before, we have a personality clash, and I think it best that we avoid each other in the future.
This is not negotiable.
Pepe out. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.


Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,946
Location: Over there

15 Dec 2021, 1:27 pm

 ! Cornflake wrote:
Less of the snarky comments - from anyone - please.

Going by previously related content this thread has at least forty pages to run so locking it would be a shame - but that's what will happen unless there's a clear improvement in civility.

It's a discussion thread - not a title fight. There is nothing to win here.


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,858
Location: Northern California

15 Dec 2021, 2:54 pm

Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I have explained what I think about having a lot of supporters.
Hitler Trump had 74 million of them. 8)

So, in order for me to be "wise", I need to simply accept what you say?
"I don't think so, Tim." 8O



I know I should let this go, but it upsets me that you think I am holding opinions I do not, simply because I’ve failed to communicate successfully. That is on me.

Perhaps the problem is that we may have a different definition of “taking seriously.”

I take Trump seriously. I listen to what he says. That does not mean I ACCEPT what he says.

Same with AOC.

We don’t need to have a personality clash, although I agree we do. I’m only trying to figure out why we aren’t understanding each other this time around. I want to have our communications be successful precisely because I DO respect you. I care what you think. To disagree because our positions are different is one thing; to disagree because I am not communicating successfully is another.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).