Nervous about possibly going back to school.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 12:18 pm

Me and my social worker have been working on possibly going to an IT school and perhaps others following that, possibly eventually art school, although that's still a long way away and not set in stone in the first place.

I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do, but on the other hand I'm not happy where I am right now either. I just have no idea what to do with my life. The few ridiculous hopes and ideas I have I'm not capable of realising.

But the thing is, I'm turning 24 next year and I'm afraid I'll be attending school with 17 year old kids. I just don't know if I can handle that. I'm afraid it'll just be a bloody hell that'll do me more bad than good.

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 7:17 am

Well not that anybody cares but I've got more issues now.

I've signed up for an education and even though I signed up early I'm on a long waiting list. I keep moving further because those who're already in the school have like precedence. Chances are I won't be able to start this f-cking year. Which would draw my plans out even longer.
My social worker suggested I should start a different education so I get to sign up for the one I want and have precedence next year, but I really don't think I could manage to do something I really don't want to do for a full year. I don't want that.
I just don't know what to do.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2022, 1:24 pm

Not sure about your education plan but in the US there are electives and basics that accompany most degree plans; civics, english, history, etc. Can you work on them and then transfer when you are able?

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2022, 12:49 pm

txfz1 wrote:
Not sure about your education plan but in the US there are electives and basics that accompany most degree plans; civics, english, history, etc. Can you work on them and then transfer when you are able?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Regardless I have a hard time getting a good view of what my options are (although probably not that many), and my social worker mostly just tells me to figure it out on my own.