how many cups of beverages do you have in your room?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Jul 2007, 9:36 pm

my room is full of glasses, and was full of bottles but i threw them in the garbage, anyways do you think having an obsence ammount of dishes in your room is any different than if somebody wasnt on the autistic spectrum?

opinions???? :D

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 9:41 pm

If I don't control myself I can start piling up all sorts of things in my room... including dishes, cups... whatever.

I have two cups that I drink out of all the time, so I just carry one around wherever I go. Just rinse it out, pour something new to drink.

I want to become a minimalist in terms of dishes... 1 cup, bowl, plate, spoon, knife, fork... Whenever people come over just use the disposable...

It helps that I never have to impress business clients... hopefully they'll appreciate my frugality...

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Jul 2007, 9:44 pm

also i never drink one thing at a time, right now i am drinking coffee, a coca~cola and water.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 9:52 pm

richardbenson wrote:
also i never drink one thing at a time, right now i am drinking coffee, a coca~cola and water.

That's kind of bizarre... but strangely I think I've done the same thing. At least soda and water at the same time...

Never done the triad... perhaps I'll go for quads... Soda/Lime-Aide/Hot Chocolate/Milk...

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 10:01 pm

I used to have LOADS of dishes and plates under the bed, man I was so lazy.

But now I've changed, and my room is much tidier. I only ever bring one cup up, just so that I don't have to go downstairs if I want to get a drink, I just drink tap water from the bathroom at night.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 10:29 pm

richardbenson wrote:
my room is full of glasses, and was full of bottles but i threw them in the garbage, anyways do you think having an obsence ammount of dishes in your room is any different than if somebody wasnt on the autistic spectrum?

I think it has more to do with age and who you live with than anyone else. For instance, males under 21 years old are almost guaranteed to leave dirty dishes around. I'd say the same is true for a lot of people under 25, especially those who live alone.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 10:45 pm

LostInSpace wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

I think it has more to do with age and who you live with than anyone else. For instance, males under 21 years old are almost guaranteed to leave dirty dishes around. I'd say the same is true for a lot of people under 25, especially those who live alone.

OOOH the sexism comes out!! !! I have seen WOMEN have lots of dirty dishes, etc.... And I DO have cups around and YES, I HAVE been known to drink up to five things at once! TODAY, you might catch me with V8,vitamin water, tea, and water. Eventually, coke comes into the picture, but something else is usually removed.

BUT, they aren't dirty! I may seem messy like felix unger at times, but take a CLOSE look! Clothes are clean, dirty clothes are piled and done ASAP. Currently almost no dust. NO dirty dishes. The only bugs seem to be a few harmless spiders. I don't mind them. Every once and a while, I notice ants outside trying to setup an outpost, and I wipe them out. So far, the closest they have gotten was 5 feet away from the home. Currently, there don't appear to be any.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

29 Jul 2007, 11:09 pm

I have two dirty cups on my desk right now.

Better than I used to be. I used to leave my water glasses all over the place, like that girl in Signs.

My cups are empty now. Not much good for destroying aliens.

Apollo13
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jul 2007, 11:19 pm

I am a slob and I'm over 25. Currently have 2 half filled sodas on my desk. The remnants of a late night run to Taco Bell and glass of what I think used to milk. I am hoping for an Alex Fleming type of discovery.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

29 Jul 2007, 11:27 pm

Apollo13 wrote:
I am a slob and I'm over 25. Currently have 2 half filled sodas on my desk. The remnants of a late night run to Taco Bell and glass of what I think used to milk. I am hoping for an Alex Fleming type of discovery.

Once when I was about eight years old I left a glass of milk on my window sill for a loooong time. It turned into something roughly the texture of flan, but it smelled horrid.

panamagrand
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2007, 12:01 am

Do cars count??? I have way more variety of cups, bottles and odd sippers floating around my multi-cupholder car and car's floor than my bed. I amass cups in my room along with cereal bowls - vessel of choice for food delivery - but my hubby frowns on it (even though he is AS too).

Children have their sorrows as well as men and women; and it would be well to remember this in our dealings with them.

~ Frederick Douglas

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 1:09 am

None, I have a couple of refillable water bottles.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 2:05 am

Yes, I always eat in my room and then put the dirty dishes in a plastic tub. Once I have used all my dishes it's time to bring them upstairs and wash them all, then start over again... it's a pretty good system. :D

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 3:24 am

I've got cups lined up everywhere; many have water still left in them -- gwenevyn's picture alludes to my room quite well (I'm not delusional in that I feel aliens that are seriously harmed by [liquid] water are ever going to attack -- I'd carry a water pistol if that was the reason).

It's OCD (why there's water still left in some of them) and autism (how I line them up).

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 3:31 am

1 bowl 2 glasses 2 mugs!!

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 3:54 am

have to keep control or I end up with stuff all over the place, and that can include mugs and plates. As a result, I only have 1 mug these days so I have to wash it up etc.