I met a psychopath and whooo-boy was it interesting.

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 9:13 am

Double post edit

Last edited by txfz1 on 14 Dec 2021, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 9:13 am

Dillogic wrote:
Interestingly, psychopaths (I guess antisocial PD here), and those with autism have altered perceptions of fear, which can make both appear fearless (consensus seems that both aren't though), where they appear oblivious to danger. IIRC, psychopaths do thrill-seeking behavior as they like the fear, and they do feel it. Those with autism tend to be just different, with it skewing towards higher levels of fear, which autism can do there for obvious reasons (hypersensitivity leading to anxiety, bullying and whatnot).

I don't fear much of anything other than hurting others. Which is quite odd. Just causing emotional upset in others is something I fear. I'm complex in that regard, so if autism is involved, it's only part of it.

My father didn't appear to care too much about stuff, though he was fearful when it came to his own health/life. He didn't seem to care about that of others'. This makes sense.

Another excellent point for me to consider, thank you. There were a couple of events where the fear was intense. He was behind me describing his threat (how tragic would it be for the girl to have to testify) which worked for the previous witness. When I started interfering with his signals to meet the young girls, he described how easy it would be to shoot me, my response was how I've been shot twice now and always believe the third time will be the end of me. I've never considered myself brave but my own behavior in the these events were eye opening for me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 9:29 am

Dillogic wrote:
Interestingly, psychopaths (I guess antisocial PD here), and those with autism have altered perceptions of fear, which can make both appear fearless (consensus seems that both aren't though), where they appear oblivious to danger. IIRC, psychopaths do thrill-seeking behavior as they like the fear, and they do feel it. Those with autism tend to be just different, with it skewing towards higher levels of fear, which autism can do there for obvious reasons (hypersensitivity leading to anxiety, bullying and whatnot).

Personally I've always fallen on the 'thrill-seeking' side of that equation.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 9:43 am

babybird wrote:

Was he also wearing a tshirt with "I'm not naughty, I'm a psychopath" printed across the front.

I hate it when people say they've met a psychopath and then when they describe them they actually describe me.

What's wrong with wearing a hoodie at 50? I wear a hoodie at 48 and I will still be wearing one when I'm 50, 60, 70 etc.

Nothing wrong with the style, it was at a workplace were uniforms are required.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 12:44 pm

My brother (deceased) was diagnosed with aspd. I've wrote about him before so it gets a bit boring but he was what would be described as a sociopath. He could never ever be confused as being autistic or aspergic in any was shape or form.

He was a complete people person. Charming, highly intelligent, could easily relate to anyone, used empathy, faked emotions and could cry on demand. He was a pathological liar, a thief, defintely not to be trusted. He was abusive to everyone who let him into their lives. He was a thrill seeker and a risk taker. He really didn't care about anyone apart from himself. His life was absolutely chaotic. He never did an honest day's work in his life and lived a parasitic lifestyle upto his death at 50 years old. God bless his him. He was my bro and I absolutely idolised him.

I mean I could go on, the list is endless with him and goes back to very early childhood.

Not complying to wearing a uniform does not make a person a psychopath.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 12:50 pm

babybird wrote:

He was a complete people person. Charming, highly intelligent, could easily relate to anyone, used empathy, faked emotions and could cry on demand. He was a pathological liar, a thief, defintely not to be trusted. He was abusive to everyone who let him into their lives. He was a thrill seeker and a risk taker. He really didn't care about anyone apart from himself. His life was absolutely chaotic. He never did an honest day's work in his life and lived a parasitic lifestyle upto his death at 50 years old. God bless his him. He was my bro and I absolutely idolised him. .

You know, being his sibling, you share 50% of his genes.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 1:02 pm

babybird wrote:
What's wrong with wearing a hoodie at 50? I wear a hoodie at 48 and I will still be wearing one when I'm 50, 60, 70 etc.

100 percent agree. I've always been a "hoodie person", and I always will be. They are the perfect article of clothing. I don't know how this is linked to psychopathy at all. I also don't know how one would diagnose psychopathy with this sort of interaction alone. Just as there is no autistic "look", there is no "psychopathic" look.

The guy seems awkward (maybe lacking some social "graces"), but I don't get how this connection is being made.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 1:25 pm

theprisoner wrote:
babybird wrote:

He was a complete people person. Charming, highly intelligent, could easily relate to anyone, used empathy, faked emotions and could cry on demand. He was a pathological liar, a thief, defintely not to be trusted. He was abusive to everyone who let him into their lives. He was a thrill seeker and a risk taker. He really didn't care about anyone apart from himself. His life was absolutely chaotic. He never did an honest day's work in his life and lived a parasitic lifestyle upto his death at 50 years old. God bless his him. He was my bro and I absolutely idolised him. .

You know, being his sibling, you share 50% of his genes.

Well there's no blood as we were both adopted but I do have quite a lot to thank him for all the same. He was my role model for much of my childhood so I reckon that helped with my social skills but because of the criminality there was also a flip side to that. Ive also had to unlearn a lot of the behaviours that I copied off him.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 1:49 pm

True psychopaths very rarely 'feel' anything in a normal, human way, but can pefectly empathise and know exactly what other people are thinking & how to manipulate them.

Some people have psychopathic traits due to unresolved trauma that they haven't brought to their conscious mind & which they have not processed properly or at all.

You can usually tell whether someone is 'okay' mentally, by how consistent they are with what they say or how they behave.

If one minute they like you & the next they hate you, they might need help. That's not meant to be offensive - just saying.

People often act incongruently due to fear & a lack of a feeling of control. I have a PhD friend who is way, way smarter than me but I trust him because people who have high IQ's, usually have good intentions in general.

Psychopaths aren't conscientious people. They are impulsive & lack patience.

You can be impulsive & lack patience in certain scenarios, but if you have a history of continuously conscientous behaviour, then it is better than not being conscientious and also being impulsive & impatient.

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 14 Dec 2021, 1:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 1:51 pm

I have been manipulated by loads of people before, as an Autistic individual. But I am learning to be less trusting now of people, because even if they say they won't share your information - they often do.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 3:11 pm

babybird wrote:
My brother (deceased) was diagnosed with aspd. I've wrote about him before so it gets a bit boring but he was what would be described as a sociopath. He could never ever be confused as being autistic or aspergic in any was shape or form.

He was a complete people person. Charming, highly intelligent, could easily relate to anyone, used empathy, faked emotions and could cry on demand. He was a pathological liar, a thief, defintely not to be trusted. He was abusive to everyone who let him into their lives. He was a thrill seeker and a risk taker. He really didn't care about anyone apart from himself. His life was absolutely chaotic. He never did an honest day's work in his life and lived a parasitic lifestyle upto his death at 50 years old. God bless his him. He was my bro and I absolutely idolised him.

I mean I could go on, the list is endless with him and goes back to very early childhood.

Not complying to wearing a uniform does not make a person a psychopath.

I never said it did, it's just a flag and could mean anything.

I had a person in my life just like your brother, a cousin. I even mask with him as a reference, trying to be charming.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 9:30 pm

Psychopaths look like normal people.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2021, 3:38 pm

Most psychopaths aren't serial killers like the movies and the news would like you to believe. In fact I read a few days ago at least 1 in 5 business people are psychopaths. They're good at getting and keeping jobs due to their superficial charm and manipulative behavior. I, on the other hand, am a sociopath. Most people think that's the same but it isn't. Psychopaths pretend to care or have emotions. I'll admit it when I couldn't care less and have had many violent outbursts. It was because of those outbursts when I was younger that I ended up in the hospital and was finally diagnosed for Asperger's around two weeks later. And as for a job, forget it.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2021, 3:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Psychopaths look like normal people.

Most psychopaths care about their superficial appearance because looking clean and well-dressed will make it easier to manipulate others. So yes, they look "normal".

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 11:30 pm

Two things can be true at the same time. Geebus! This thread is not about how type-P looks, let's move along now.

I’ve been researching empathy as a goal to find myself. I’ve been reading Simon Baron-Cohen, The Science of Evil for layman research. A positive from the summer is learning firsthand about type-P and the similarities with aspie. I wanted to be positive in my label and by joining WP; the question came to mind, could I be or lean towards zero-neg empathy? I don’t fit into NT world unless I mask, mostly and I’m beginning to feel different from WP.

Zero-negative empathy is the Type-B, P, Ns. Borderlines, Psychopaths, Narcissists. Zero-positive empathy is aspie, two reasons for the difference; brain processing leads to talent and also leads to being a super moral.

Psychopath has no anxiety and no remorse, moral development is derailed due to childhood environment, so no internal pot of gold. I’m so thankful for two things, that internal pot of gold given to me as an infant by my caregivers. The second is the fact I have anxiety. Failure to learn from punishment is another traits that give me more confidence I’m more zero-pos than zero-neg. I can mask as a psychopath, so I’m a type-P with anxiety and super morals, maybe a touch of type-N. Make that three grateful things, no type-B. Bad news is I may never find myself this late in the game. Good news, there still is a chance of finding love.

I’ll tackle looking at B.A.P next since I’ve no plans to get a prof diagnosis. TBH, at this point, what difference does it make? I’m gonna be close no matter the diagnosis.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 11:33 pm

I'm not clear on the zero-pos / zero-neg. Is that really scientific fact. Or something Simon Baron-Cohen came up with. A.K.A Postulated.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)