Page 8 of 27 [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 10:36 pm

A lot of them just want to kill wokeology dead.

Some of them are the polar opposites of wokeology and want to imporse Christian authoritarianism.

There are many reasons for his fan base.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 11:08 pm

Some of the Woke stuff is based on an actual desire for justice. Others border on such things as Maoism.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 11:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Some of the Woke stuff is based on an actual desire for justice. Others border on such things as Maoism.

Yes, social justice is the main good thing about wokeology.

The tactics of wokeology are truly awful, though.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 11:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Some of the Woke stuff is based on an actual desire for justice.

I think both sides of political spectrum want justice. The mistake they are all making is that they are concentrating on some aspects of justice and don't really care about the fact that it comes at the expense of other aspects of justice.

I haven't seen a lot of people on either side of American politics discuss anything as a complex issue with lots of pros and cons. Instead, they all make it simplistic as if their side is right and the other side are whatever political cuss words they are using to describe them. That is one of the biggest problems.

This can be said about both left and right by the way.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 11:19 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
A lot of them just want to kill wokeology dead.

That pretty much describes my sympathies with the right. I am kinda tired of wokeology. Although I am almost as tired of any other "logy" that dominates American politics. Americans need to stop being so brainwashed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 11:28 pm

I have no sympathy for practically all rightist ideology. It’s reactionary, rather than encouraging human progress.

To see this ideology as an antidote for Wokeism is something that boggles the mind.

To me, to espouse something like Trumpism as a counterpoint to Wokeism is an extreme reaction, borne out of a lack of desire to think beyond the superficial.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 11:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I have no sympathy for practically all rightist ideology. It’s reactionary, rather than encouraging human progress.

Here is one example of how it encourages human progress. One thing that holds back American education is that schools would be labeled as racist if a lot of black students would start to fail. Hence they are trying to dumb their education down to avoid such a situation. So if leftist agenda was out of the way, education would improve.

I find it ironic that left wing people tend to be more concerned about education than the right wing, because actually education would benefit from right wing politics.

I am not talking about discriminating against the blacks by the way. I am talking about being colorblined in the truest sense of the word, as opposed to leftists who are tryign to give blacks special treatment.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 11:53 pm

QFT wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I think both sides of political spectrum want justice. The mistake they are all making is that they are concentrating on some aspects of justice and don't really care about the fact that it comes at the expense of other aspects of justice.

I haven't seen a lot of people on either side of American politics discuss anything as a complex issue with lots of pros and cons. Instead, they all make it simplistic as if their side is right and the other side are whatever political cuss words they are using to describe them. That is one of the biggest problems.

I 100% agree with everything you have said.

Everything has pros and cons, left, right, up, down, whatever.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 11:54 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
QFT wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I 100% agree with everything you have said.

Everything has pros and cons, left, right, up, down, whatever.

Exactly.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 1:19 am

QFT wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Here is one example of how it encourages human progress. One thing that holds back American education is that schools would be labeled as racist if a lot of black students would start to fail. Hence they are trying to dumb their education down to avoid such a situation. So if leftist agenda was out of the way, education would improve.

I find it ironic that left wing people tend to be more concerned about education than the right wing, because actually education would benefit from right wing politics.

I am not talking about discriminating against the blacks by the way. I am talking about being colorblined in the truest sense of the word, as opposed to leftists who are tryign to give blacks special treatment.

Why do schools have to dumb down their education for the black students though?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 2:23 am

ironpony wrote:
QFT wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

They don't dumb it down - they simply change it to culturally fit black students, in most cases.

You can't expect a black person to intuitively know things a white person does. Being black is like living on an alien planet, when you live amongst white folk.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 2:49 am

Dox47 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Why are you, a Canadian , so passionate about another country's head of state?

Why aren't you jumping down the throats of our other non-US posters who take a great interest in our politics? Could it be that it only bothers you when they disagree with your preferences?

I didnt "jump down" anyone's throat. I am just curious about his obsession. No non American acts in the obsessed way he does about it. And he was nice enough to explain his obsession in a way that makes sense.

Why are YOU jumping down MY throat?

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 3:20 am

ironpony wrote:
QFT wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Let me give you an analogy. Ever since 911 attack, there are long lines at the airport where they are trying to make sure that nobody is a terrorist. In most cases it is silly: you can know someone is not a terrorist just by looking at them. But they still want to make sure, just in case.

Well, after the history of racism, leftists want to make sure that there is no more racism. So just like someone at the airport has to "prove they are not a terrorist", in the same way a school has to "prove that its not racist". The way to "prove that its not racist" is to have the vast majority of black students pass.

Now the problem here is that black students statistically perform worse than whites (not all: there are some smart blacks too -- but if we talk about STATISTICS then yes blacks tend to perform worse). And the reasons for this USUALLY are not racism. Sometimes yes, its racism, but usually it isn't. Just like USUALLY the people at airports lines aren't terrorists.

But as far as the left is concerned, "usually" doesn't matter. The fact that on occasion there is racism is all they care about. And in order to avoid such occasional situations they have to make sure that it never happens that a lot of black students fail, regardless of the reason.

But then again we are faced with the problem that there are reasons that are not related to racism as to why blacks fail. So how to make sure that they don't? Well the way to do it is to make education system really easy. That way nobody fails, not even blacks. So thats what they do.

Of course it happens at a big cost: namely white students miss out on education. But if you are overly-fixated on a single issue of racism then you might get into such a mindset that anything (including horrible education system) is worth it as long as it somehow helps solve racims. Kind of like hospitals when they get overly fixated on coronovirus they are totally fine not letting cancer patients or car accident causalties in -- as long as they make sure to treat everyone who has covid.

But if you are not fixated on those "single issue topics" that they tend to be fixated on, then you can see that education system is more important than avoiding occasional incidents of racism, and treating accident victims is usully more important than treating covid patients. But if you "are" fixated on single issue you oftentimes don't see it. Thats why those people might sincerely want to help, yet they do more harm than good.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 3:32 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
ironpony wrote:
QFT wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

They don't dumb it down - they simply change it to culturally fit black students, in most cases.

You can't expect a black person to intuitively know things a white person does. Being black is like living on an alien planet, when you live amongst white folk.

If you are talking about something like math or science, it has no "culture" attached to it. I think what it boils down to is that blacks simply perform worse than whites. But it is not politically correct to say so. So if, according to politically correct view, blacks perform just as well as whites do, how do you explain why they get lower scores? You could say that its culture (although its absurd to act as if math has culture) or you could say its racism (although SAT results are similar and the machine scanning them isn't racist). But you have to make one of those "absurd" explanations in order to avoid anything that would blame the black students themselves (thus being racist).

Now, there *is* a very good way of avoiding the whole issue without blaming either the teacher or the students. Namely, just don't worry about race altogether. Just say that "this many humans passed, this many humans failed" and forget their race. Thtas the option right wing people are happy to take but left wing people aren't.

The reason left wing people don't want to take that option is that there might be a racist teacher who would fail a black student "simply" because they are black, and then lie that its not race its just "that student happened not to do well". Now thats certainly possible. But how often would this happen? Not that often. So its not wise to change the whole education system in order to prevent such "occasional" situations.

But then again, if you equate a single incident of racism with an atomic bomb, then of course you would sacrifice anything and everythign to prevent it. The problem is that a single incident of racism is not equivalent to a single atomic bomb (just like a single incident of drug use or a single incident of robbery or a single incident of anything else for that matter). But the left doesn't want to acknowledge this. They think that racism is an overarching issue that needs to be solved at any expense. And with that mindset it is logical why they are willing to sacrifice education system (even though outside that mindset it is quite obvious that it is a stupid thing to do).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 6:06 am

Blacks perform just as well as whites when placed in similar environments. That is a fact.

There is no difference between the races as far as intelligence is concerned.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 9:21 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Blacks perform just as well as whites when placed in similar environments. That is a fact.

There is no difference between the races as far as intelligence is concerned.

Actually "the fact" is that they don't perform just as well. The part where the speculation comes in is "reason why". Are they just as intelligent as whites but are less hard working? Are they just as hard working as whites but are less intelligent? Are they just as hard working and intelligent as whites but don't have financial means to get educated? Are they experiencing systemic racism? Which one(s) of these reasons (or others) it is due, is just a speculation, I agree (although its a bit of a stretch to say that some of the blacks we all see in the downtown are very hard working). But the fact that they perform worse is a fact.

Again though the above refers to statistics. There are blacks that are both smart and hard workign AND perform just as well as whites. I remember some examples from my own life. But if I think of any of those examples, I don't think any of those people ever benefitted from things like affirmative action or any other help liberals want to give blacks. They would have done well regardless. When we are talking about blacks needing special treatment, we are not talking about that kind of blacks. We are talking about the other kind of blacks (such as what we see in the downtown). And that other kind of blacks that we see in a downtown still stays in the downtown despite all this extra help.

Now, again, not all blacks are on the streets of downtown (the "smart blacks" I was thinking of are at the universities, and I respected them just like I did all my other colleagues) and not everyone in the streets of downtown are black (I saw some white ones and they were just as disgusting). But the fact that there is that statistical correlation that a lot of them are black, thats what makes liberals want to help them out. I am sure if they were all white then liberals would happily ignore them, as they should. Well, if they are as colorblind as they claim to be, then maybe they should ignore them even if they have a lot of blacks. As Martin Luther King said "judge not by the color of the skin but by the content of the character". Well, the "content of the character" of the people in the downtown (of both races) is not that good. While the blacks with good "content of the character" (the smart ones that I mentioned) are doing well without any help.

By the way, as someone Jewish, you should know that back in the 19-th century Europe Jews were discriminated just as badly as blacks were in America. Yet look at how well they are currently doing. So that shows that it "is" possible to overcome the fallout of a discrimination few generations ago. Now ask yourself why blacks couldn't do the same.