Has anyone had a girlfriend who wasn't annoying?

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Dec 2021, 7:39 am

So far, I haven't met a single person of any gender who wouldn't be annoying sometimes. Myself and the love of my life included, of course.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 8:16 am

If you are introvert, chances are that you will find most people interactions annoying, especially from extroverts.

My gf doesn't seem to grasp the concept of 'my time' and 'her time', any day after 5 pm till midnight should be 'our time' and we don't even live together; and I hate video calling. I am managing that by telling her that i need to do something and will get back to you (which is the truth, not a lie! I need to make dinner, I need to shower, I need to do my things...etc); but a daily video call seems to be a must for her.

I hope she will get bored from that obsession soon lol.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 6:59 pm

magz wrote:
So far, I haven't met a single person of any gender who wouldn't be annoying sometimes. Myself and the love of my life included, of course.

Same with me.

My ex-GF was never annoying and my current girlfriend is never annoying.

Whenever she's busy, I'll let her be busy and whenever she has some free time,
she'll text me with some ideas of where to go out on a date.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 7:36 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Has anyone had a girlfriend who wasn't annoying? Or are they all annoying?

I can assure you that there are both NT and ND women out there that are truly wonderful, understanding people, easy to get along with, and not annoying to any significant degree.

YMMV

Darron

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Jan 2022, 7:46 pm

magz wrote:
Same here.

My girlfriend intentionally tries to annoy me sometimes because she finds it funny. She asks me pointless questions, gives me pointless responses when I ask her questions, intentionally gets in my way, tells me No when I ask her to do anything for me & then does it, pulls things away when she's handing me something & I go to reach for it, acts like she's going to tickle me because she knows I hate being tickled, she stands over me when I'm trying to do things. It can be annoying sometimes but it's funny looking back & I sometimes find it funny at the time. I try to annoy her back sometimes. She always liked annoying her family as well.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 8:09 pm

If a g/f isn't annoying then she's not doing her job :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 8:10 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If you are introvert, chances are that you will find most people interactions annoying, especially from extroverts.

^^^ this

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 10:47 pm

My past girlfriends weren't annoying. They were actually enjoyable to be around. They were good sports about my choices of dates, if not enjoying them along with me. And when they turned something down, they always presented an alternative I could get behind.

The only exception was my first girlfriend. She wasn't so much annoying, but rather boring and frustrating. I put my heart and soul into that relationship, trying to find fun, mutually enjoyable things to do. I tried picking out new, fun restaurants. I tried picking out art museums to explore. I tried picking out quirky neighborhoods to walk around in. She vetoed all those choices, and only liked to hang out on campus (college) and occasionally walk to a banal American diner a few blocks over. The only reason I stayed with her for as long as I did is because I didn't feel like any other girl would like me.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 11:44 am

I ironically have annoyed previous dates and relationships by appearing too blasè or nonchalant and hardly getting annoyed with them when they have asked if they annoy me. Then in turn, I've annoyed them with my behaviour and disposition.

Who I'm with now, sure, there's a handful of grievances, but nothing that spoils the relationship. They're often talked through and she in turn is not afraid to air anything that I do or say that irks her.

I learnt pretty fast into our relationship not to bottle up anything that would wind me up about her, because it almost cost me it.

She's one of only a few people I'm the most comfortable around, so if I do get miffed about something she says or does, I find a sensible way of addressing the issue, something she has found the time to do for me.

It's understandable to presume "All girls are annoying" in the same way "All boys can be annoying", if that's your only experiences you take away from said relationship, and if the issues are unfortunately not addressed and dealt with properly.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

Last edited by And So It Goes on 20 Jan 2022, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 11:50 am

People are annoying. So girlfriends (and boyfriends) will be, at least sometimes, annoying.

My girlfriend is generally wonderful but nonetheless sometimes annoying.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2022, 2:21 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Has anyone had a girlfriend who wasn't annoying? Or are they all annoying?

1) Yes, I have.

2) Don't generalize by gender. Just because someone has P or V doesn't make them any more or less likely to be annoying.

3) If you're having the same exact problem with various different partners, then maybe it's something to do with you rather than all of these women individually.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 4:13 pm

magz wrote:

I concur.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.