Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 5:56 am

In school I remember I was given sex education. Do you think it’s surprising that in mainstream school people on the spectrum are given sex Ed because from what I understand mainstream society views people with disabilities as ‘asexual’.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:02 am

Jamesy wrote:
In school I remember I was given sex education. Do you think it’s surprising that in mainstream school people on the spectrum are given sex Ed because from what I understand mainstream society views people with disabilities as ‘asexual’.

I remember I took that class and my sex ed class was exactly like that documentary "Texas Teenage Virgins." that was a British production.It was abstinence-only.I was not treated any differently.We were given the opportunity to sign virginity pledge cards to give to our wives on our wedding night.I signed it.I think all public school sex-ed was Abstience only during that time which was great for me.I was treated normally but I did ask some dumb questions in the class.It was back when AIDS was still pretty to real bad so that was another part of it.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:09 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I remember I took that class and my sex ed class was exactly like that documentary "Texas Teenage Virgins." that was a British production.It was abstinence-only.I was not treated any differently.We were given the opportunity to sign virginity pledge cards to give to our wives on our wedding night.I signed it.I think all public school sex-ed was Abstience only during that time which was great for me.I was treated normally but I did ask some dumb questions in the class.It was back when AIDS was still pretty to real bad so that was another part of it.

It doesn't seem that great for you. Given your current circumstances, do you feel that sex ed has actually helped you or hindered you?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:10 am

They have to give it to everyone too. Schools can't really dictate who is worthy of sex education and who is unworthy of ever losing their virginity.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:24 am

Jamesy wrote:

What are you talking about?

Are you saying that in the modern UK they give sex education to disabled kids, but they do NOT give sex education to non disabled kids?

Further...are you saying they give sex education to say...neurotypical kids in wheelchairs, as well as to autistic kids (who are not wheelchairs). The whole gamut of kids who are in any way "disabled" (physcally or otherwise) get sex ed?

Or are you saying that they only give sex ed to autistic kids (wheelchair bound or not)?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:26 am

Jamesy wrote:

What do you think?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:26 am

It's ridiculous not to give sex education to EVERYONE.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:43 am

I looked forward to that class. Everybody was talking about it. Everybody was hyped. I still somehow remember it a bit. I think it was Year 4 or 5. I think only 1 kid had an exemption. After, we all rushed out playground and talked about it.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:46 am

Back in the 1970s, sex ed was called "hygiene."

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 8:58 am

All I remember is a lot of diagrams. Cautious teachers. Restrained amusement. No euphemisms. It was just called 'Sexual education."

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 9:19 am

Jamesy wrote:
In school I remember I was given sex education. Do you think it’s surprising that in mainstream school people on the spectrum are given sex Ed because from what I understand mainstream society views people with disabilities as 'asexual'.
Correction: SOME people view the disabled as 'asexual', and SOME people view the disabled as sexually obsessed.

The truth lies somewhere in-between these two extremes, and varies from person to person.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 4:00 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
In school I remember I was given sex education. Do you think it’s surprising that in mainstream school people on the spectrum are given sex Ed because from what I understand mainstream society views people with disabilities as 'asexual'.
Correction: SOME people view the disabled as 'asexual', and SOME people view the disabled as sexually obsessed.

The truth lies somewhere in-between these two extremes, and varies from person to person.

This is one of my biggest gripes of autism advocacy/awareness.

I've been pressured into asexual relationships in the past. I have a very strong feeling that my autism lulled those who sought to exploit me into pressuring me into celibate relationships. It's probable that those people expected little resistance from me, hence why they took a chance on me.

A shotgun wedding so to speak initiated by the perpetrators expectation I wouldn't put up a fight.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 5:57 pm

Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

It doesn't seem that great for you. Given your current circumstances, do you feel that sex ed has actually helped you or hindered you?

I view it as being one of the greatest things for me.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 6:01 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

hmmmmmm.....you're a 30+ year old virgin and are abused on a daily basis by your nearest and dearest. Are you sure?. 30 years is the age where the average person have had their first child......................................are you really sure..........................?

You're parents and school are abusers. You need to leave them/forget about them irrespective of the damage you cause them in doing so.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 6:33 pm

Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

hmmmmmm.....you're a 30+ year old virgin and are abused on a daily basis by your nearest and dearest. Are you sure?. 30 years is the age where the average person have had their first child......................................are you really sure..........................?

You're parents and school are abusers. You need to leave them/forget about them irrespective of the damage you cause them in doing so.

I choose to be abstinent until marriage.I would of chosen that regardless of my parents and school.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2021, 6:40 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I choose to be abstinent until marriage.I would of chosen that regardless of my parents and school.

To be honest, At 30+ I think being abstinent is completely pointless. Schools only pressure teens into being abstinent and not 30+ year old men. If they were to try the same to me I would laugh in their faces.