Autism/ADHD/Neurodiversity survey for my thesis

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

WannabeHistorian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2021, 7:05 am

Hello, this is my first time posting!

So I'm an Aspie/have ADHD and am writing my thesis on Neurodiversity/The Autistic community/ADHD community. Is anyone interested in answering?

ConfusedFresher
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2021, 11:31 am

Okay

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 3:14 pm

Welcome. Answering what?

WannabeHistorian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Dec 2021, 12:59 am

Dear_one wrote:
Welcome. Answering what?

Thank you for showing interest!
Here's my forum. I'm sorry for the late reply!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 1:28 am

Where and what do you study?
What level of thesis is this?
What are the goals or aims of your research?
Who is your supervisor?
Do you have admin / moderator approval here?

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 3:09 am

I saw no harm in doing the survey. There's some interesting questions. Some I had to think about for a while in order to answer.

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2021, 11:23 am

I really enjoyed your survey. It was very thought provoking. I'd love to know what the goals of it are, in relation to your thesis.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 1:46 pm

I looked at the questions and I'm confused by some of them.

What is the difference between "Autism Spectrum Disorder" and "Autism Spectrum Disorder (Classic Autism)" ?

There's only one Autism in the DSM.

"How does ASD / ADHD manifest in me" -- That would take pages of answers for all the examples.
Do you just want a checklist of which DSM criteria apply? In my case all the descriptors apply.

"Are NT people your oppressors" ? What does that mean?

"Were you abused?" What does that mean? When? By whom? Ever? Related to autism? How can a person isolate their autism to determine if that's the only reason their abuse happened?

A lot of the questions are confusing, vague, and very general but I'll try.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 6:01 pm

If people answer truthfully I suspect that the answers will be hell to analyze/get any meaningful information from.
Many questions requests answers like "Sometimes yes, but that depends on if x or y, or even z. Also it depends on your definitions, if you mean X then I may answer no. And so on for several sentences..."

/Mats

WannabeHistorian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2021, 5:36 am

Aaaa! Thanks, everyone!
I'm sorry some questions were so awkwardly phrased. But I really appreciate all the contributions so far! I wasn't expecting so much responses, I'm a bit overwhelmed about it, but in a good way. I really appreciate all the contributions.
I was so afraid if I said something offensive in the questions or not, and I'm happy to see that it wasn't the case.

Last edited by WannabeHistorian on 27 Dec 2021, 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

WannabeHistorian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2021, 5:39 am

mohsart wrote:
If people answer truthfully I suspect that the answers will be hell to analyze/get any meaningful information from.
Many questions requests answers like "Sometimes yes, but that depends on if x or y, or even z. Also it depends on your definitions, if you mean X then I may answer no. And so on for several sentences..."

/Mats

Yeah, I guess that is true... Admittedly I was just kind of going off of "Hmmm, maybe this info would be useful!" and so the questions became kind of scattershot. But the more nuanced answers I thought would be fine with a section to elaborate under (hence why those are so common). I'm sorry if that wasn't quite enough.
Well, gotta figure out how to summarize all this info!

WannabeHistorian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2021, 3:56 am

RubyWings91 wrote:
I really enjoyed your survey. It was very thought provoking. I'd love to know what the goals of it are, in relation to your thesis.

I'm aiming to see varied voices from the community in regards to what they think about the Neurodiversity movement and what it promotes. Admittedly the questions are rather scattershot, but I'm glad you liked it!

There was one thing I forgot to add though, and I'm slapping myself for it.

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2021, 9:27 pm

WannabeHistorian wrote:
RubyWings91 wrote:

I'm aiming to see varied voices from the community in regards to what they think about the Neurodiversity movement and what it promotes. Admittedly the questions are rather scattershot, but I'm glad you liked it!

And what would that be?

WannabeHistorian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2022, 10:10 am

RubyWings91 wrote:
WannabeHistorian wrote:
RubyWings91 wrote:

And what would that be?

I've added it since then. Take a look!
But regardless, my thesis is now complete! I thank everyone for their contributions! Unfortunately there were too many answers to describe all of them, but I appreciate all the contributions!