Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 4:56 pm

This is maybe more of a rant, but have you ever known someone who has an interest in a certain type of pet and it's their way or the highway?

They've done all their research so they have to tell you how to look after your pet and assume you know nothing and haven't done any research.

Clashing special interests!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 5:14 pm

Yep. I have noticed that there are people who like animals more than they like people.

Some of these sorts of people don't really care for humans too much----so they have a generalized "attitude."

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 1:34 am

I haven't, though I can't stand people who interpret their pet's behavior as if the pet was human, instead of learning how that animal communicates.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 2:16 am

HighLlama wrote:
I haven't, though I can't stand people who interpret their pet's behavior as if the pet was human, instead of learning how that animal communicates.

Oh well, at least the person who is irritating me isn't like that. She's really good at understanding animal behaviour and has helped me learn more. She really hates it when people do that too. It does the animals no favours.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 2:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. I have noticed that there are people who like animals more than they like people.

Some of these sorts of people don't really care for humans too much----so they have a generalized "attitude."

Yeah, um... That may be me :wink:

I would love a small holding. I used to live on a farm (we rented a house, we didn't own the farm) and get up early before school to feed the lambs.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 2:43 am

I have two cats. My twin sister has 12. She used to work at a cattery so she knows everything about cats. That's the impression I get when I see her.