Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 10:53 am

Double Retired wrote:
I guess I should mention American Mensa. You don't have to take their admission test if you can provide acceptable prior evidence.

Outside the U.S., see International Mensa. Mensa chapters in different nations might have different paperwork rules.

THANKS FOR THIS!

I have ZERO interest in joining MENSA, but perused their site out of academic interest, including a mention of how to obtain records from old schools, etc.

So I just telephoned the guidance counselor's office at Pavilion Central in Pavilion, New York, where I attended ONE year of High School before dropping out, and sure enough, she found my test records! She will be scanning and emailing them to me today...

Now I get to see if my memory of that GOD-DAMNED number that was inadvisedly shown to me all those decades ago is a false memory, or not!

Darron

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 11:28 am

My girlfriend of 12 years received the result of her ASD assessment yesterday.

After careful consideration, the Doctor placed her on the Spectrum.

She does not have any comorbidities (such as my depression and anxiety), and masks very well, so she had an easier time fitting in than I did, through much of her life.

Now that she's retired and has accrued "f**k you money", she is content to no longer feel as though she needs to fit in, and is quite content to be voluntarily socially isolated, to a large degree.

I fully support her attitude towards her future social obligations, and hope she can learn even more about herself, now that she has an independent, well-educated opinion about how her mind works.

Darron