Trump finally reveals his Anti-Semitism.

Page 1 of 11 [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 11:55 pm

It was only a matter of time till Trump showed his cards regarding Jewry:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-bandie ... 31396.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 4:55 pm

And here's Trump's continued influence on the GOP:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-gop-fi ... 26138.html

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 7:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Correction
It was only a matter of time till Trump showed his cards regarding Jewry again.
The most anti-Semitic president in history.
Quote:
While many presidents expressed anti-Semitic beliefs in private, only Trump has done so repeatedly, and usually in public.

If you go through the list of classic anti-Semitic beliefs, Trump has checked off nearly every box:

— Jews are natural negotiators (“I’m a negotiator, like you folks”)
— Jews buy off politicians (“You want to control your own politician”)
— Jews are loyal to Israel more than any other country where they live (in 2019, he described Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu to a group of American Jews as “your prime minister.” In 2018 and 2020, he referred to Israel as “your country.”)
— Jews are inbred and selfish (“After phone calls with Jewish lawmakers,” the Washington Post reported, “Trump has muttered that Jews ‘are only in it for themselves’ and ‘stick together’ in an ethnic allegiance that exceeds other loyalties, officials said.”)

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 8:08 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Correction
It was only a matter of time till Trump showed his cards regarding Jewry again.
The most anti-Semitic president in history.
Quote:
While many presidents expressed anti-Semitic beliefs in private, only Trump has done so repeatedly, and usually in public.

If you go through the list of classic anti-Semitic beliefs, Trump has checked off nearly every box:

— Jews are natural negotiators (“I’m a negotiator, like you folks”)
— Jews buy off politicians (“You want to control your own politician”)
— Jews are loyal to Israel more than any other country where they live (in 2019, he described Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu to a group of American Jews as “your prime minister.” In 2018 and 2020, he referred to Israel as “your country.”)
— Jews are inbred and selfish (“After phone calls with Jewish lawmakers,” the Washington Post reported, “Trump has muttered that Jews ‘are only in it for themselves’ and ‘stick together’ in an ethnic allegiance that exceeds other loyalties, officials said.”)

I stand corrected!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 12:38 am

Its very hard to be shocked with anything Trump says.

In 2016 comedian Dave Chappelle said debating with Trump is like debating with a "crackhead"

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 12:53 am

cyberdad wrote:

In 2016 comedian Dave Chappelle said debating with Trump is like debating with a "crackhead"

I would rather have the crackhead as president.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 9:31 am

cyberdad wrote:

It is very hard to be surprised by anything Trump says. I hope to never because so jaded as to lose the ability to be shocked by what he says.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 6:21 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It is very hard to be surprised by anything Trump says. I hope to never because so jaded as to lose the ability to be shocked by what he says.

IMO, I think "Pumpkin" (as my family and I called him during his years as dictator of the US mind you) will continue to be in denial that he lost the 2020 election to President Biden for the rest of his days.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 11:55 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

75 million Americans appear to have lost that ability to be shocked and may even like what he says. That perhaps is the most shocking thing.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:00 pm

I don't understand what Trump is saying that is so bad. He is saying Jewish American people hate Israel. Is that bad to say though, assuming that it's true? I mean a lot of people who immigrated to America hate the countries that they are from. Cubans who came to America hate Cuba for example.

So why is so bad to make a remark about how people hate their country that they are from, when several people actually hate where they are from? Sorry, am I missing something, since I didn't get the full interview?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:05 pm

ironpony wrote:
I don't understand what Trump is saying that is so bad. He is saying Jewish American people hate Israel. Is that bad to say though, assuming that it's true? I mean a lot of people who immigrated to America hate the countries that they are from. Cubans who came to America hate Cuba for example.

So why is so bad to make a remark about how people hate their country that they are from, when several people actually hate where they are from? Sorry, am I missing something, since I didn't get the full interview?

Most Jewish Americans didn't immigrate from Israel and Trump is voicing that criticism as though Jewish Americans owe loyalty to Israel inherently on the basis of their ethnic heritage.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:10 pm

Oh okay. What kind of loyalty does he mean that they owe?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:14 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay. What kind of loyalty does he mean that they owe?

Support. Lots of Jewish Americans are critical of Israel's occupation of Palestinian lands and war crimes against the Palestinian people.

Trump treats not blindly supporting those things as proof that Jewish Americans hate Israel but why would non-Israelis feel any obligation to support those actions?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:15 pm

What kind of support are we talking about though, when he says support? Just Jewish Americans raising a verbal stink, or actual support, like donating money, etc?

Last edited by ironpony on 24 Dec 2021, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:17 pm

ironpony wrote:
What kind of support are we talking about though, when he says support? Just Jewish Americans raising a verbal stink, or actual support, like donating money, etc?

All of the above: donations, moral and ideological support, political activism, etc.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:20 pm

Oh okay I see. One thing I find curious in the US is that it seems that democrats are 'pro-Palestine', and Republicans seem to be 'pro-Israel'. Would this be correct, or is that a reach on my assumption?