Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 7:31 am

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I personally think this is a great move, along with the recent event of Facebook facial identification being removed as a feature. It's just creepy that people have unfettered access to your personal ID, i.e your face. Especially people who don't have morals & will share your photos without your consent.

I don't mind having my images online, but only because I am relatively unknown and 'invisible' to most people.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/01/tech/twitter-remove-private-images-intl-scli/index.html

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2022, 11:40 pm

Yes, more privacy is needed. I agree that Twitter has taken a step in the right direction.

And, yes it's good that Facebook is dumping facial recognition for now (here's an article about that issue).

But Facebook still requires users to use their legal names.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2022, 4:23 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Yes, more privacy is needed. I agree that Twitter has taken a step in the right direction.

And, yes it's good that Facebook is dumping facial recognition for now (here's an article about that issue).

But Facebook still requires users to use their legal names.

Well, technically they require that, yes. But there isn't really anything they can do if you don't do that, since you don't have to provide a national ID for the usage of Facebook & thus, you can basically make a name up & no-one can prove otherwise that the name you put up on Facebook... is not your real name.