Wales to fine workers who don't work from home

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 7:36 am

Apparently, if you're able to work from home but don't you might end up with a 60 quid fine. I wonder how many people are going to pay them? Probably not many.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59741680

Last edited by Nades on 23 Dec 2021, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 8:24 am

Most people who are most vulnerable to COVID don’t have the option of working from home.

You can’t work from home fixing someone’s car.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 9:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Most people who are most vulnerable to COVID don’t have the option of working from home.

Virtually all blue collar workers have to show up to work. Clerical and office staff seem to be getting a cushy ride recently but I imagine a pay rise for me isn't on the table any time soon.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 10:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

^^^ this

It seems those making these policies have the luxury of working from home.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 4:48 am

And whose idea was this???

The employers, not the employees, should be the ones to get fined if they unnecessarily require employees to leave their homes. The employers are the ones in charge and are also far more likely to be able to afford lawyers to help them determine whether they can legally get away with asking employee X to leave home for specific purpose Y.