Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 1:55 am

txfz1 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I don’t like Trump ,and Biden was not my choice for president.
Still ,it’s mean to mock a poor senile old man.Joke was in bad taste and childish.

I see it as mocking the media instead of Biden.

That's the excuse.
But "Let's go Brandon" is a fairly sharp arrowhead aimed squarely at Biden

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:48 am

Misslizard wrote:
Still ,it’s mean to mock a poor senile old man.Joke was in bad taste and childish.

It seems meaner to the senile old man and to the United States, to have put him in the position of running this nation. The main thing about the stunt, was his reaction to it as another example of how out to lunch he is. When it comes to the position he's in as the most powerful man on earth, I didn't think we can be all that charitable regarding his apparently declining mental capacity.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 7:43 am

cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
People to have been continually outraged about (and fighting against) the treatment the former president received, speakingout about this, and then (using a double standard) giving the same treatment to the current President.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53317 ... he-capitol
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/24/us/p ... virus.html
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republ ... 021-11-01/
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/11 ... or-it.html

I got hundreds of reports of unsubstantiated "trumped up" lies about Biden peddled by GOP sympathisers.

The "Let's go Brandon", jokes about Biden dropping dead, making fun of his senility, claims he;s a pedophile and tying him to outrageous conspiracies (all covertly and overtly supported by the GOP), snide remarks about his wife and outrageous attacks on his children all amount to tit for tat.

I see someone got you this for Christmas to replace the one(s) you wore out over the past year:

To return to the subject of the thread, let's consider a similar sentiment to that from the person who had telephoned in:

A person with "double standards" in this case would be either:
A person who spoke out vocally, and continually about the lack of respect shown by Mr DeNiro's words and then turned around and used similar words about the subsequent president.
OR
A person who remained silent about Mr DeNiro's words yet feigns outrage when similar things are said about the subsequent president.

You wouldn't be aware of anyone who fits either of these categories, would you?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 11:55 am

If Trump had a serious disease like Parkinson’s ,I would think it was cruel to make fun of him by calling him “ old shakey”, or any other insult aimed at a disability or illness.I see nothing wrong with calling him an Oompa Loompa, orange man or an a$$hole.
My Biden cringe moment was when he called the tornado that hit Kentucky a hurricane.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 12:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

That's the excuse.

I thought the crowd chanting f**k Joe Biden was aimed at him and the media claiming it as "Let's go Brandon" was the excuse. YMMV

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 12:24 pm

Brictoria wrote:

Trolls never like to be on the receiving end of their own 'style of comedy'. What happened to being in favour of free speech? Why can't he take a joke? :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:09 pm

txfz1 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

That's the excuse.

I thought the crowd chanting f**k Joe Biden was aimed at him and the media claiming it as "Let's go Brandon" was the excuse. YMMV

The infantile MAGAs watching NAZCAR on TV thought it was hilarious because the journalist couldn't fathom why the largely white male crowd would not be cheering the winning racer instead of using it as an opportunity to throw slurs at Biden.

It's something akin to drunken frat boy humour that kind of fits with the typical republican voter these days

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:24 pm

My family was Republican, as in Rockefeller Republicans.No way would they have endorsed such crass behavior.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 5:38 pm

cyberdad wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

That's the excuse.

The infantile MAGAs watching NAZCAR on TV thought it was hilarious because the journalist couldn't fathom why the largely white male crowd would not be cheering the winning racer instead of using it as an opportunity to throw slurs at Biden.

It's something akin to drunken frat boy humour that kind of fits with the typical republican voter these days

Amazing power you have in reading the minds of people watching tv!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 6:11 pm

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
People to have been continually outraged about (and fighting against) the treatment the former president received, speakingout about this, and then (using a double standard) giving the same treatment to the current President.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53317 ... he-capitol
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/24/us/p ... virus.html
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republ ... 021-11-01/
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/11 ... or-it.html

I got hundreds of reports of unsubstantiated "trumped up" lies about Biden peddled by GOP sympathisers.

The "Let's go Brandon", jokes about Biden dropping dead, making fun of his senility, claims he;s a pedophile and tying him to outrageous conspiracies (all covertly and overtly supported by the GOP), snide remarks about his wife and outrageous attacks on his children all amount to tit for tat.

I see someone got you this for Christmas to replace the one(s) you wore out over the past year:

To return to the subject of the thread, let's consider a similar sentiment to that from the person who had telephoned in:

A person with "double standards" in this case would be either:
A person who spoke out vocally, and continually about the lack of respect shown by Mr DeNiro's words and then turned around and used similar words about the subsequent president.
OR
A person who remained silent about Mr DeNiro's words yet feigns outrage when similar things are said about the subsequent president.

You wouldn't be aware of anyone who fits either of these categories, would you?

BS.

Here De Niro is like the crowd of Nascar fans chanting "f**k Trump".

Niether better nor worse. Just expressing his free speech, and unvarnished "earthy" way.

No one condemned either.

The guy were talking went beyond that.

If De Niro had pretended to be the Pope , had called Trump on Trump's White House phone,had wished Trump a merry Christmas as the Pope, and THEN persuaded Trump to recite "this sacred Catholic Latin catechism to ensure a blessed new year" and then gotten Trump to say out loud on tape "Ohwatanassiam" (oh what an ass I am) then THAT would like this guy were talking about.

Dont know if I condemn the guy myself, or not. But they arent the same thing.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 5:26 am