Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,787
Location: Long Island, New York

24 Dec 2021, 2:59 pm

Holiday caller to Biden: 'Merry Christmas and let's go Brandon'

Quote:
A man who called in to the North American Aerospace Defense Command's (NORAD) annual holiday Santa tracking program wished President Biden and first lady Jill Biden a Merry Christmas on Friday before saying “let’s go Brandon,”

A father, identified as Jared, called into the NORAD line and had a brief conversation with Biden. He was calling on behalf of his four children, according to CNN.

“Well I hope you have a wonderful Christmas,” Biden told the man.

“Yeah, I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas as well. Merry Christmas and let’s go Brandon,” the man said.

“Let’s go Brandon, I agree,” Biden responded.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

It is Autism Acceptance Month.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,431
Location: Britain

24 Dec 2021, 3:30 pm

Ashton Kutcher . His show. I found it amusing.


_________________
AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,841
Location: Melbourne, Australia

24 Dec 2021, 9:08 pm


_________________
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it" - Edith Sitwell

"We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it." - Hillary Clinton

"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell


HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,910

25 Dec 2021, 4:56 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Holiday caller to Biden: 'Merry Christmas and let's go Brandon'
Quote:
A man who called in to the North American Aerospace Defense Command's (NORAD) annual holiday Santa tracking program wished President Biden and first lady Jill Biden a Merry Christmas on Friday before saying “let’s go Brandon,”

A father, identified as Jared, called into the NORAD line and had a brief conversation with Biden. He was calling on behalf of his four children, according to CNN.

“Well I hope you have a wonderful Christmas,” Biden told the man.

“Yeah, I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas as well. Merry Christmas and let’s go Brandon,” the man said.

“Let’s go Brandon, I agree,” Biden responded.


Well, we have become a planet of children. I'm sure the caller thinks he was very clever. I have to laugh at all the poor, working class Americans who think a man like Trump is here to save them.



VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,015
Location: Illinois

25 Dec 2021, 7:16 pm

HighLlama wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Holiday caller to Biden: 'Merry Christmas and let's go Brandon'
Quote:
A man who called in to the North American Aerospace Defense Command's (NORAD) annual holiday Santa tracking program wished President Biden and first lady Jill Biden a Merry Christmas on Friday before saying “let’s go Brandon,”

A father, identified as Jared, called into the NORAD line and had a brief conversation with Biden. He was calling on behalf of his four children, according to CNN.

“Well I hope you have a wonderful Christmas,” Biden told the man.

“Yeah, I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas as well. Merry Christmas and let’s go Brandon,” the man said.

“Let’s go Brandon, I agree,” Biden responded.


Well, we have become a planet of children. I'm sure the caller thinks he was very clever. I have to laugh at all the poor, working class Americans who think a man like Trump is here to save them.


You do realize one can dislike Biden without supporting Trump, don't you?


_________________
What do you call a hot dog in a gangster suit?

Oscar Meyer Lansky


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,821

25 Dec 2021, 10:37 pm

Biden wasn't prepared for the MAGA baby :lol:



HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,910

26 Dec 2021, 2:19 am

VegetableMan wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Holiday caller to Biden: 'Merry Christmas and let's go Brandon'
Quote:
A man who called in to the North American Aerospace Defense Command's (NORAD) annual holiday Santa tracking program wished President Biden and first lady Jill Biden a Merry Christmas on Friday before saying “let’s go Brandon,”

A father, identified as Jared, called into the NORAD line and had a brief conversation with Biden. He was calling on behalf of his four children, according to CNN.

“Well I hope you have a wonderful Christmas,” Biden told the man.

“Yeah, I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas as well. Merry Christmas and let’s go Brandon,” the man said.

“Let’s go Brandon, I agree,” Biden responded.


Well, we have become a planet of children. I'm sure the caller thinks he was very clever. I have to laugh at all the poor, working class Americans who think a man like Trump is here to save them.


You do realize one can dislike Biden without supporting Trump, don't you?


Yes, I dislike Biden and don't support Trump. But, I don't think that's the case with this man.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,324

26 Dec 2021, 10:26 am

@0:51 is where we see Jill Biden die inside. Meanwhile Joe is completely clueless. Biden is a year or two older than Reagan was when he left office and revealed he had Alzheimer's.



VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,015
Location: Illinois

26 Dec 2021, 1:34 pm

HighLlama wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Holiday caller to Biden: 'Merry Christmas and let's go Brandon'
Quote:
A man who called in to the North American Aerospace Defense Command's (NORAD) annual holiday Santa tracking program wished President Biden and first lady Jill Biden a Merry Christmas on Friday before saying “let’s go Brandon,”

A father, identified as Jared, called into the NORAD line and had a brief conversation with Biden. He was calling on behalf of his four children, according to CNN.

“Well I hope you have a wonderful Christmas,” Biden told the man.

“Yeah, I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas as well. Merry Christmas and let’s go Brandon,” the man said.

“Let’s go Brandon, I agree,” Biden responded.


Well, we have become a planet of children. I'm sure the caller thinks he was very clever. I have to laugh at all the poor, working class Americans who think a man like Trump is here to save them.


You do realize one can dislike Biden without supporting Trump, don't you?


Yes, I dislike Biden and don't support Trump. But, I don't think that's the case with this man.


Given the hyperpartisan nature of our poltical climate, you are probably quite correct. However, I didn't pick up on anything in the caller's comments to suggest that he's in alignment with Trump's views.

It's a very dangerous place in which we find ourselves. The continued manipulation by the media to stoke the poltical divide will only accelerate the collapse of the U.S. It only serves those who rule us.


_________________
What do you call a hot dog in a gangster suit?

Oscar Meyer Lansky


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,841
Location: Melbourne, Australia

26 Dec 2021, 8:36 pm


_________________
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it" - Edith Sitwell

"We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it." - Hillary Clinton

"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,993
Location: Aux Arcs

27 Dec 2021, 10:57 am

I don’t like Trump ,and Biden was not my choice for president.
Still ,it’s mean to mock a poor senile old man.Joke was in bad taste and childish.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,821

27 Dec 2021, 9:12 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Still ,it’s mean to mock a poor senile old man.Joke was in bad taste and childish.


Certainly seems a continuing double standard for certain individuals to claim the "high moral ground" when it comes to the left criticising right wing "icons" but they (apparently) still have no concerns over continuing to use vile/bottom of the barrel humour to denigrate democrat leaders.



VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,015
Location: Illinois

27 Dec 2021, 9:36 pm

I think the DNC pushing Biden could be considered elder abuse. Come on, I wonder if he's even able to locate his dick when he has to urinate.


_________________
What do you call a hot dog in a gangster suit?

Oscar Meyer Lansky


Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,841
Location: Melbourne, Australia

27 Dec 2021, 9:50 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Still ,it’s mean to mock a poor senile old man.Joke was in bad taste and childish.


Certainly seems a continuing double standard for certain individuals to claim the "high moral ground" when it comes to the left criticising right wing "icons" but they (apparently) still have no concerns over continuing to use vile/bottom of the barrel humour to denigrate democrat leaders.


It's more a case that the previous president had the same (and worse) vitriol directed at himself and his supporters, with the media presenting it as being "acceptable" (or even virtuous), then when the positions are reversed, such behaviour is then considered "vile/bottom of the barrel humour" - Either the behaviour was "vile/bottom of the barrel humour" initially, when one side was "dishing it out", (and so is still "vile/bottom of the barrel humour"), or it was acceptable behaviour then, and so is now.

To be a double standard, it would either require:
People to have been continually outraged about (and fighting against) the treatment the former president received, speakingout about this, and then (using a double standard) giving the same treatment to the current President.
OR
People having no issue with certain treatment directed at the former president, but getting outraged because the current president receives the same treatment that the previous one did.

Considering the way the media normalised certain treatment towards the former president, there are very few people likely to be in the former category, but quite a lot in the latter making false claims of "double standards" because it is now "their" side on the receiving end of treatment their side initiated and normalised.


_________________
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it" - Edith Sitwell

"We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it." - Hillary Clinton

"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,821

27 Dec 2021, 11:40 pm

Brictoria wrote:
People to have been continually outraged about (and fighting against) the treatment the former president received, speakingout about this, and then (using a double standard) giving the same treatment to the current President.
.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53317 ... he-capitol
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/24/us/p ... virus.html
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republ ... 021-11-01/
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/11 ... or-it.html

I got hundreds of reports of unsubstantiated "trumped up" lies about Biden peddled by GOP sympathisers.

The "Let's go Brandon", jokes about Biden dropping dead, making fun of his senility, claims he;s a pedophile and tying him to outrageous conspiracies (all covertly and overtly supported by the GOP), snide remarks about his wife and outrageous attacks on his children all amount to tit for tat.



txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2021
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411
Location: US

27 Dec 2021, 11:56 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I don’t like Trump ,and Biden was not my choice for president.
Still ,it’s mean to mock a poor senile old man.Joke was in bad taste and childish.


I see it as mocking the media instead of Biden.