Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 5:27 pm

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/31/study-narcissists-tend-to-be-happier-tougher-and-less-stressed.html

It is an evolutionary advantage to not think about the people that you hurt or have hurt in the past. Why feel for those who you step over or have stepped over? It'll only bring you to their level, because you are oh-so-superior as a narcissist.

I guess empaths exist to keep narcissists in check? Empaths are more prone to depression. We feel every little thing. The only way I cope with this personally is to take emotion-numbing medication, plus practicing emotional-control techniques.

Otherwise I'd be sobbing looking at the world.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 6:18 pm

Narcissists often marry & then re-marry, exhausting their commodity (their partner) and then move on, giving little to them.

https://narcissisms.com/why-narcissists-love-marriage/

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2021, 8:53 am

The Greek myth of Echo and Narcissus has interesting details pertaining to this.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 9:27 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Narcissists often marry & then re-marry, exhausting their commodity (their partner) and then move on, giving little to them...
... except children.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2022, 4:54 am

Fnord wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Narcissists often marry & then re-marry, exhausting their commodity (their partner) and then move on, giving little to them...
... except children.

Yeah - children have nothing material to offer them & so if they do come across children, they either use them & throw them away or they often end up leaving their own biological children. If they are biologically female, you'll see something unusual happen, like that person voluntarily giving up custody of their children to an ex-husband, for example, during tthe break-up period.

They can't be bothered being full time Mom's. That wouldn't be gratifying since children are bothersome to them and they don't really have an emotional connection with them, unless it's for some short-term 'fun'.

Nemesis2k7
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2022, 5:22 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/31/study-narcissists-tend-to-be-happier-tougher-and-less-stressed.html

It is an evolutionary advantage to not think about the people that you hurt or have hurt in the past. Why feel for those who you step over or have stepped over? It'll only bring you to their level, because you are oh-so-superior as a narcissist.

I guess empaths exist to keep narcissists in check? Empaths are more prone to depression. We feel every little thing. The only way I cope with this personally is to take emotion-numbing medication, plus practicing emotional-control techniques.

yep. take a look at donald trump, kim kardashian and her family, paris hilton, etc. all prime examples of narcissism.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 8:19 pm

Nemesis2k7 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

yep. take a look at donald trump, kim kardashian and her family, paris hilton, etc. all prime examples of narcissism.

I don't know much about Kardashian, but, Paris Hilton & Trump are definitely narcissists.

Nemesis2k7
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2022, 4:30 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Nemesis2k7 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I don't know much about Kardashian, but, Paris Hilton & Trump are definitely narcissists.

oh yea..definitely. but KK is also one. well the whole family is. watch her videos, read some of her posts.. etc. oh, and her ex bf kayne west is also one.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 4:40 am

Yeah, I don't really say much about them because they are black and I like black people but...

*whispers* "I agree with you."

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 4:50 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

Do you really think narcissist are evolutionary? Seems to me they can't deal with pain and reality, so develop a "self" out of this. It's just an elaborate refusal to accept real life. I've never met one who seemed genuinely happy, though they sure want everything to think their life is amazing.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 4:00 pm

HighLlama wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Do you really think narcissist are evolutionary? Seems to me they can't deal with pain and reality, so develop a "self" out of this. It's just an elaborate refusal to accept real life. I've never met one who seemed genuinely happy, though they sure want everything to think their life is amazing.

I think narcissism is evolutionary, yes.

It has been around in every culture that I have ever remotely studied, across the span of the past couple of millenia at least.

They do indeed refuse to accept real life. It is incredibly sad to witness.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 4:02 pm

Typical narcissist tropes, when downplaying a persons achievements:

"You are not clever enough to do that or achieve that, or be better than me at that, or anything."

"I am better than you because I say so, not because I have proven to be so."

"I can act like a complete moron & you need to kiss my ass regardless."

"I am morally depraved, but I will criticise you for the smallest wrongdoing."

Etc.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 3:15 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Yeah, I don't really say much about them because they are black and I like black people but...

The Kardashians? They're not black, they're Armenian, they just ape the style.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 7:09 am

Dox47 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

The Kardashians? They're not black, they're Armenian, they just ape the style.

That's what I meant. I didn't mean literally.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 9:14 am

The Kardashians are Armenian....but that has nothing to do with anything....they are mostly people who like the media limelight. They might as well be Cushitic or Inuit.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 11:29 pm

I get 0 on narcissist tests, which probably is just as much an issue as being a narcissist when I think about it. :|

Being an empath sorta sucks when you combine it with autism.