Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 11:44 pm

How can Zinc Picolinat help you?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 12:00 am

Isn't that the least absorbable? I know alot about vitamins. I know how it can help...maybe i shouldn't go into it though. Ok I will--if you are male, it supposedly boosts sperm count or something. If you are a female, i don't know. Fights of illness, immune boosting in general.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 12:02 am

Zinc isn't a vitamin; it's a mineral. You can have blood tests done to determine if you're low on it. Taking it when you don't need it can make you ill, although most people can handle a supplement at low doses.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 12:05 am

^ Ha Yeah my bad. Vitamins, Minerals, antioxidants, I kinda group them altogether. Under 'supplements,' in my mind.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 9:32 pm

Zinc supplementation, like all things you need "a little of" is only of benefit if you're deficient. If you eat a healthy variety of foods it's unlikely to happen to you.
People with low zinc levels can have issues with sight and smell, have cracks at the sides of their lips and may have fragile hair and fingernails.
If you're concerned there is a test you can take where you take a small amount of the fluid into your mouth and hold it there observing how it tastes.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 10:26 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Zinc isn't a vitamin; it's a mineral. You can have blood tests done to determine if you're low on it. Taking it when you don't need it can make you ill, although most people can handle a supplement at low doses.

A zinc supplement once a week should be enough for just about anyone. As you say, too much is not good.