Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2021, 9:38 pm

I struggle with paranoia daily. I try to explain it but people really dont get it. It causes me to feel on edge and scared. People tell me I just need to exercise or distract myself. The thing is, my paranoia prevents me from doing those things currently. It's really bad.

People seem to think I'm exaggerating. I think I'm entering a psychotic episode again. Like a major one and I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong. I wonder why. I'm on my medication. I'm struggling to explain it because it's really subtle and even I dont notice it sometimes. I'm having nightmares again and prophecies. I embarrased my family yesterday because I couldn't stop laughing during dinner and we had guests. Then I couldn't stop laughing at night. I'm also back into Angels and God and all that. Then I have paranoia on top of that. My family seems to not know what to do because they dont understand.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 4:42 am

Crystal1414 wrote:
I struggle with paranoia daily. I try to explain it but people really dont get it. It causes me to feel on edge and scared. People tell me I just need to exercise or distract myself. The thing is, my paranoia prevents me from doing those things currently. It's really bad.

People seem to think I'm exaggerating. I think I'm entering a psychotic episode again. Like a major one and I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong. I wonder why. I'm on my medication. I'm struggling to explain it because it's really subtle and even I dont notice it sometimes. I'm having nightmares again and prophecies. I embarrased my family yesterday because I couldn't stop laughing during dinner and we had guests. Then I couldn't stop laughing at night. I'm also back into Angels and God and all that. Then I have paranoia on top of that. My family seems to not know what to do because they dont understand.

A person can be perfectly sane & be religious and believe in angels and Gods based on the bible and its scriptural teachings, or having attended a religious school or some other life circumstance.

But then there are people with schizophrenia or who have episodic psychosis and associated hallucinations, who may believe in such things because they are not very 'in touch' with reality. You seem to be one of those people. If you are already on your medication, then there is nothing you can do really apart from increase the medication and hopefully come out 'on the other side' (proverbially speaking) in a better mental space.