Horror movie posters based on classic children's games!

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 12:03 pm

https://www.howtobeadad.com/2021/44931/ ... ror-movies

These are so awesome. Some artist has taken classic children's games and used them as the basis of horror movie posters. Candy land has the words Directed by Tim Burton on it and the art is so like something he would dream up. But my fav is the Hungry Hippos.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 12:08 pm

That made me chuckle!

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 12:32 pm

Very clever. I kind of want to see the Candyland one.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 12:43 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Very clever. I kind of want to see the Candyland one.

I imagine the plot as an R rated Hansel and Gretel.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 1:47 pm

Some other games id like to see like this:

Ants in the Pants
Cootie
Bedbugs
Twister

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 2:49 pm

There is also one here in the UK called pop up pirate... that has real potential as a horror movie poster given how the game works; the pirate is in a barrel you stick blades into...

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 4:32 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:
There is also one here in the UK called pop up pirate... that has real potential as a horror movie poster given how the game works; the pirate is in a barrel you stick blades into...

Barrel of Monkeys. Make the monkeys psycho.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 4:34 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/TOMY-T7028A1-Pop ... B00000JICB

Definitely.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 6:24 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:

My thoughts on this is that it started out as a toy but didn't have much playability so it was worked into a game.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 6:50 pm

Yeah. Hungry Hippo was good. A spoof of the "Jaws" poster. In fact more folks in Africa are killed by hippos each year than by sharks in the entire world in a decade. Not that hippos are 'hungry' for humans (theyre herbovores) but because they think your canoe is a crocodile out to eat their babies so they attack you.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 6:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Yeah. Hungry Hippo was good. A spoof of the "Jaws" poster. In fact more folks in Africa are killed by hippos each year than by sharks in the entire world in a decade. Not that hippos are 'hungry' for humans (theyre herbovores) but because they think your canoe is a crocodile out to eat their babies so they attack you.

Hippos are extremely territorial. They will kill just about anything that invades their turf and are more than a match for a full grown lion or crocodile.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 7:04 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

The hippo. A battering ram that can bite you.

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2022, 11:55 pm

Fun images!

I would definitely watch that Chutes and Ladders movie! Candyland and Don't break the ice too

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers