Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 2:26 pm

It gets our backs up how this one woman is treated differently from the rest of us. And no, she's not popular either. In fact she's the least liked by everybody, and even the boss is hoping she'll leave soon. Yet they let her get away with murder.

Last week she thought she had a day off but it wasn't explained to her that she had to go into work that day, so about 3 hours into her shift the supervisor rang her and told her she was supposed to be in (I don't know why he didn't ring her earlier). She came in straight away, but at the end of the week on her timesheet those 3 hours weren't taken off. We told the supervisor about it but he said "oh it wasn't her fault, it was mine for not being clear with her about her days off this week." OK, he's right, it wasn't her fault, but we know full well that if it was one of us who wasn't informed about our days off and missed out on a few hours, the supervisor would definitely make us do extra hours the following week to make up for it. But not her. She's going to get paid for not even being there and she doesn't even have to make up for it.
And she gets paid enough for doing nothing or at least a poor job. She demands for the easy tasks and gets it. If she doesn't get the easy tasks she's nasty to everyone, including me, who is always so nice to her. And yet she gets treated like a queen.

And this is why people don't like her or the supervisor. And the supervisor doesn't even like her. So why she's the favourite I do not know. I'd understand it if they were chummy or related or something, but they're not. Favourism in the workplace is unfair and is even more unfair when the favoured person isn't even liked! What gives? :roll:

Sometimes I feel like walking out, but I know I'll regret it because I've always wanted this job and I like the job. I just don't like the unfairness that goes on. This woman is treated like a spoilt child and so behaves like a spoilt child. It makes me mad. :x

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 6:21 pm

Almost every workplace has someone who's favoured. Sometimes out of sexual attraction, others out of pity or some other reason entirely. That's life. Don't let it bother you so much or waste your mental energy trying to figure it out. Just focus on your work and your life and ignore whatever goes on with her and a few hours pay as it has no impact on your pay.

Only reason it makes sense to make mental note of it is if you're ever late a little bit or have a valid reason to take off a few minutes early and they want to reduce your pay, then maybe remind them (IF it's not your fault) that when a coworker was late a few hours they didn't change their pay. Then maybe they'll be lenient with you, too.

Other than that, meh, whatever.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 6:30 pm

What I have seen are supervisors who are afraid of confrontation.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 7:13 pm

It's not so easy to ignore it when you're forced to work with her every day. If she gets her own way she's OK to work with. If she doesn't get her own way she's awful, is rude and intimidating to everyone but I have to put up with it because I'm the only one who has to work with her. I beg the supervisor to let me do something else (within my duty capabilities) but he says no and just makes me work with her - even when we don't need 2 people on one easy task. There are other tasks that are neglected because the idiot supervisor won't let anyone do anything else.

I suppose it's hard to explain what I mean here unless I go into every detail of my job, but it isn't an office, retail or factory job.
I just get so frustrated working with her every day. She's slow and very self-absorbed. The idiot supervisor and her are the 2 reasons why I don't feel like turning up for work any more.

What makes it worse is the supervisor loves yelling at me in front of people to look big. Like the other day he had a go at me for getting my folder wet - a folder we have to carry around to mark off each coach that we disinfect - when it had been pouring with rain the whole time I was outside getting on and off coaches and standing waiting for them to be parked up.

It's about time all of us stood up to him. He is an extremely unfair and incompetent supervisor.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 7:17 pm

Tell him he inspired an idea for improvement: Plastic covers for folders so they don't get wet in the rain.