CDC Sharply Drops Prevalence of US Omicron Increase

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 3:16 pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/28/cdc-drops-omicron-prevalence-estimate-526210

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 4:12 pm

I heard on the radio (KNX-FM, 97.1) the omicron variant is declining in prevalence about as fast as it spiked.

Last edited by Fnord on 28 Dec 2021, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 4:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
I heard on the radio (KNX-FM, 97.1) the omicron variant i declining in prevalence about as fast as it spiked.

I heard the same about south Africa too. Makes sense as cases can't perpetually rocket up indefinately.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 4:24 pm

Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I heard on the radio (KNX-FM, 97.1) the omicron variant is declining in prevalence about as fast as it spiked.
I heard the same about south Africa too. Makes sense as cases can't perpetually rocket up indefinitely.
The reporter said that because omicron is more contagious than delta, the virus is quickly running out of victims.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 4:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I heard the same about south Africa too. Makes sense as cases can't perpetually rocket up indefinitely.
The reporter said that because omicron is more contagious than delta, the virus is quickly running out of victims.

I hope this is going to be a continuing trend with the virus. I've started to have a suspicion that the more it's restrained from spreading then longer a wave takes to finish. I'm having my 3rd jab tomorrow and frustratingly Wales is in a "semi" lockdown that probably won't end for for weeks despite a good chance of the worst already being over now.

People are losing their patience it seems. The local jab clinic are vaccinating people my age and apparently so many are not showing up for their boosters that they turned it into a "walk in" centre to stop mountains of jabs going in the bin. I must admit, having three jabs within a year and still not being allowed to walk into a restaurant without leaving my contact info or even being able to walk up to the bar is getting tiring pretty fast.

Hopefully this wave is the last.