Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 6:04 pm

Okay, so I want to preface this by saying I am the ultimate proverbial 'black sheep'. This is not a racist thread in any way.

I want to share a story.

At my former workplace, there were a bunch of white, privileged 'NT' folk, both biologically male & female. There was one NT female in the group who had basically had sex with 3 or 4 members of the team I was a part of and she had them 'wrapped around her finger'. She was a degenerate of the worst kind. She lied, cheated and manipulated all of the time. Her mouth was like a garbage can of lies, rocketing out rubbisih.

Her and her group of mates started picking on a biologically black guy, who was a Christian & because I promoted LGBT tolerance in that workplace, he didn't like me much as he was a fundamental Christian.

I defended him as they were trying to make him lose his job by saying he hadn't locked a door during the closing hours of the store I worked at. So I stepped in & told the toxic woman as described above, that I believed she was being racist and she needed to stop.

I took the fall for the guy saying I had forgot to lock the door, to save his job.

The horrible twist in this story is that because I challenged the toxic woman - she told the black Christian guy that I was responsible for them trying to make him lose his job - and that it was me who was his enemy, even though I was his greatest ally.

So uh... yeah, sometimes being kind is a completely thankless task. Even your fellow black people betray you and don't believe you - especially if you stand out as being 'odd', i.e, wearing sunglasses indoors. That means that you are completely untrustworthy apparently, as opposed to being a kind disabled person. :?

To this day, he thinks I am his enemy and refuses to acknowledge me, even though I put everything on the line for the guy and ultimately saved his job.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 8:52 am

Ugh.... I'm very sorry to hear this.

This sort of thing is one of the reasons why, IMO, it's important to encourage an ethic of NOT jumping to conclusions about people.

IMO we need to avoid both the extremes of being overly trusting AND, on the other hand, assuming the worst about people. Only thus can we resist being manipulated into trusting abusers while hating our best potential real friends.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 3:01 pm

Kind of thing that has happened to me in the past. Unfortunately, many autistic people lack the quick verbal comeback to stick up for themselves making them an easy target for bullies and those who want to scapegoat.

Some jobs like IT or admin leave a digital fingerprint of your work output, making it harder for these things to happen. Unfortunately, there are many jobs like working in a store where no such proof exists & you can easily be blamed for something.

Best advice is to watch your own back maybe choose a different career & steer clear of complex inter personal situations involving NTs, where things can turn against you, where you may not be able to effectively fight your corner.

- George Bernie Shaw

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 3:27 pm

Best just leave him alone. Ignore him.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 3:36 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Best just leave him alone. Ignore him.

Oh, I have. I have not seen nor heard from him since I left my former workplace.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 3:37 pm

carlos55 wrote:
Kind of thing that has happened to me in the past. Unfortunately, many autistic people lack the quick verbal comeback to stick up for themselves making them an easy target for bullies and those who want to scapegoat.

Some jobs like IT or admin leave a digital fingerprint of your work output, making it harder for these things to happen. Unfortunately, there are many jobs like working in a store where no such proof exists & you can easily be blamed for something.

Best advice is to watch your own back maybe choose a different career & steer clear of complex inter personal situations involving NTs, where things can turn against you, where you may not be able to effectively fight your corner.

I agree with all of this post and your signature, also.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 4:11 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Oh, I have. I have not seen nor heard from him since I left my former workplace.

I’m guessing he viewed you as a threat.

And precisely because you were a fellow Christian. You think believers should be accepting of LGBT persons, and that’s not where he wanted to be.

——————————

PS I hope you’ve found a better job and workplace. If due to sheer luck if nothing else! Sometimes things work out that way. :D

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 4:31 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I’m guessing he viewed you as a threat.

And precisely because you were a fellow Christian. You think believers should be accepting of LGBT persons, and that’s not where he wanted to be.

——————————

PS I hope you’ve found a better job and workplace. If due to sheer luck if nothing else! Sometimes things work out that way. :D

Actually, I was doubly-threatening, because I had some social power at that place as 'the underdog' and I didn't even admit my Christianity to anyone because I worked with two black, atheist males who were very 'woke' & didn't want to hear about my views, nor acknowledge them. 8)

So I was oppressed by two black males who were popular, as a biological white male, basically.

So the third guy who the thread is about just thought I was some amoral demon, basically.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 4:35 pm

I’m lucky we don’t discuss politics at work.

I’m glad I’m not admitted to the central “social circles” there.

I’m lucky I’m a 41-year veteran, and I’m basically left alone.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 4:41 pm

Even more amusing was that the ratio of women to men in lower-management positions was 70% to 30% (approximately).

It was the type of place where women in suits would have high-IQ men scrubbing floors with toothbrushes. Okay, so they didn't do that, but they might as well have done that. They humiliated men daily, through social oppression.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 4:42 pm

I'm Welsh. Did somebody say sheep?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 4:55 pm

to the OP, those were not ordinary NTs but rank sociopaths. these type have a genius for evil. once one finds oneself in a den of such iniquity, one's only option is to quietly get the hell out of there, or as it was put in the movie "wargames," "sometimes the only winning move is not to play their game." the head-game players are, to a person, antisocial.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 1:00 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:

So the third guy who the thread is about just thought I was some amoral demon, basically.

And once someone gets an opinion, they latch onto evidence to support it.

You know, this almost sounds like a commission sales place — where the commission people seemingly always want fewer co-workers because it directly cuts into their commission.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 7:44 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
. . . two black, atheist males who were very 'woke' & didn't want to hear about my views, nor acknowledge them. 8) . . .

I’m going to be brave and say that I like the word ‘woke’ and I think I like the goals.

And if some young activists make a mess of things, so be it. Just don’t put that on me.

cabowm02
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Jan 2022, 12:02 am

Lol if I could wear sunglasses everywhere anytime I probably would potentially.

But clearly , that’s odd and suspect etc .

I got head injury at 3. I can only raise one eyebrow , one eye twitches and one eyebrow can’t sweat and one sweats for no reason.

Funny story.

Just recently I had roommates and unfortunately I’m smoking cigarettes (quit 100% for 4 months in 2021 because I was away from the public working at home so I could take the challenge again)

Anyway when I had roommates and started smoking again. I had sunglasses on while outside.

Rommate said “you think you’re so cool with those sunglasses on”
And also “one day you’ll gain weight”

I basically just said “lol okay”

But yeah the sunglass thing is suspect. Even when I worked in an open air restaurant for almost 5 years , in the middle of summer I think like year 3 or 4 we could finally wear sunglasses on summer days.

But clearly customers and or managers would have an idea in their head just because of that behavior ..

And ohh goodness if you have allergies and one bad week with allergies .

Work (no matter how much someone likes you at work) there is always a back and fourth , comparison type vibe. That’s just work and people prove themselves to keep their job, to make amends for wrong doing at jobs, for missing work before etc .

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 4:51 am

cabowm02 wrote:
Lol if I could wear sunglasses everywhere anytime I probably would potentially.

But clearly , that’s odd and suspect etc .

I got head injury at 3. I can only raise one eyebrow , one eye twitches and one eyebrow can’t sweat and one sweats for no reason.

Funny story.

Just recently I had roommates and unfortunately I’m smoking cigarettes (quit 100% for 4 months in 2021 because I was away from the public working at home so I could take the challenge again)

Anyway when I had roommates and started smoking again. I had sunglasses on while outside.

Rommate said “you think you’re so cool with those sunglasses on”
And also “one day you’ll gain weight”

I basically just said “lol okay”

But yeah the sunglass thing is suspect. Even when I worked in an open air restaurant for almost 5 years , in the middle of summer I think like year 3 or 4 we could finally wear sunglasses on summer days.

But clearly customers and or managers would have an idea in their head just because of that behavior ..

And ohh goodness if you have allergies and one bad week with allergies .

Work (no matter how much someone likes you at work) there is always a back and fourth , comparison type vibe. That’s just work and people prove themselves to keep their job, to make amends for wrong doing at jobs, for missing work before etc .

You might find it amusing to know I actually almost got chased by two homeless people (street homeless) who were screaming at me, thinking I was some kind of secret agent, near the train station in my city, at night time, whilst wearing the sunglasses at night.