Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 6:44 pm

Jeffrey Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell guilty on 5 of 6 counts in sex trafficking case

Quote:
A jury has convicted Ghislaine Maxwell, the longtime associate of serial sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, on five of six counts related to the abuse and trafficking of underage girls.

Maxwell faced a six-count indictment for allegedly conspiring with and aiding Epstein in his sexual abuse of underage girls between 1994 and 2004.

She showed no visible emotion as the jury’s verdict was read in the New York City courtroom. Following the verdict, her family members exited the courtroom without comment.

The verdict came on the sixth day of jury deliberations, after about 40 hours of deliberation.

A unanimous jury has found Ghislaine Maxwell guilty of one of the worst crimes imaginable -- facilitating and participating in the sexual abuse of children," U.S. Attorney Damian Williams said in a statement following the verdict. "I want to commend the bravery of the girls -- now grown women -- who stepped out of the shadows and into the courtroom. Their courage and willingness to face their abuser made this case, and today's result, possible."

A sentencing date has not yet been set.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 6:59 pm

Hallelujah.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 8:26 pm

Her new cell mate Big Bertha is looking forward to meeting her.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 10:26 pm

Misslizard wrote:

No one deserves to be sexually assaulted, not even her.

On the other hand I hope this gets them closer to nailing Andrew Windsor, Alan Dershowitz, Trump, Clinton, Conrad Black, etc.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2021, 10:41 pm

A mixed verdict. What was she let off for?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 11:20 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

On the other hand I hope this gets them closer to nailing Andrew Windsor, Alan Dershowitz, Trump, Clinton, Conrad Black, etc.

I didn’t say anything about assault, you assumed that.Bertha only wants to do her hair.Chomos don’t fare well in prison regardless.She may have been high society once, now she will be at the bottom of the pecking order.Where she belongs.
Anyway, three stabbings this week in my relatives unit.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 11:26 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I didn’t say anything about assault, you assumed that.Bertha only wants to do her hair.Chomos don’t fare well in prison regardless.She may have been high society once, now she will be at the bottom of the pecking order.Where she belongs.

I dunno, I don't see failures of the state to ensure the safety of people in it's custody as something to be celebrated no matter how horrible the person they've failed is.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 11:29 pm

It’s not, but if she had molested my daughter she would be safer in prison away from me.
The stabbings were drug related, lots of drugs in the unit.When they transferred them to that unit and the doors opened up smoke rolled out.I asked what kind of smoke?
A mix of burning unidentified items,tobacco and weed.
There is no expectation of safety in prison or jail.They are severely understaffed right now.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2021, 11:53 pm

TwisterUprocker wrote:
A mixed verdict. What was she let off for?

Not guilty of enticement of minor to travel to engage in illegal sex acts. Was guilty of conspiracy for the same.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 12:02 am

Misslizard wrote:
It’s not, but if she had molested my daughter she would be safer in prison away from me.

✅ ✅ ✅

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Dec 2021, 2:49 am

Is it fair to compare Ghislaine Maxwell to Allison Mack with their relationships with Jeffrey Epstein and Keith Raniere?

Last edited by TwisterUprocker on 30 Dec 2021, 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 2:55 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I dunno, I don't see failures of the state to ensure the safety of people in it's custody as something to be celebrated no matter how horrible the person they've failed is.

I agree vengefulness is not the right response, but it's this compassion that people like her count on.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 7:19 am

Misslizard wrote:

I have a feeling she might mysteriously "kill herself" before that happens... ¬_¬

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 7:50 am

Ghislaine Maxwell’s ‘little black book’ to remain secret after judge warns against ‘needless’ namedropping

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 75864.html

I have a sinking feeling that the investigation ends with her. It feels like nailing the getaway driver.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 10:18 am

Mikah wrote:
... I have a sinking feeling that the investigation ends with her. It feels like nailing the getaway driver.
It sure seems that way now.  Let us wait and see if anything else develops.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 11:03 am

Anyone that can feel compassion for a chomo is a better person than me.
They end children’s and teenagers innocence and trust, childhood is over when that happens.They carry it with them for the rest of their lives.
I know.