Suggestions for noise cancelling headphones

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 4:19 am

These headphones are too good. My neighbours footsteps didn't wake me up today, but I slept through my alarm and missed an appointment because I couldn't hear it. Doh.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 4:50 am

Well I got some headphones I spent 300$ on, but that is also because it had changeable plates for the outside, and they had an option for dragon scale plates so I did order those in addition to the headphones and that is what brought the price up so much. Anyways the brand was Vmoda, and they have some other models of headphones and you don't have to spend extra on the plates that's just optional.

Sk8five
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jan 2022, 4:22 pm

I just got myself some noise cancelling headphones and I love them!
They're called Skullcandy hesh ANC (ANC. Stands for active noise cancelling) they're about $80 on Amazon right now. I. Us mine everyday and they work great! Don't block out everything but do help a ton and are worth the $80 for sure. (I can't afford those $200+ headphones XD)
I definitely recommend them! :D

Edit:
They are wireless which is awesome but also have a cord where you can used them plugged in too!

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 3:32 pm

Sounds great. I was really struggling to find a cheaper option.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 3:33 pm

Still not used to the touch controls on the headphones. Somehow I swiped onto YouTube music whilst watching Netflix and it started play me Squid very loudly! I couldn't work out where the sound was coming from!

If you don't like sudden loud sounds the touch features might not be so good

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 4:31 pm

Ear defenders are by far superior to noise canceling headphones and a fraction of the price. If you want maximum noise reduction and not to just play music, go for the ear defenders. I bought the top of the range Sony noise canceling headphones and they were a poor and expensive substitute to simple and inexpensive ear defenders.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 12:45 pm

I ordered a cheap pair of noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFW5DG6

I'm hoping they do well for phone calls and watching videos, mostly, but it would be great if they're good enough for music, too. And also, I'm very curious as to whether wearing them purely to reduce ambient noise will have any noticeable effect on my state of mind, given the profound effect I now notice when putting on my very dark (Cat. 4) sunglasses, here in the land of the High Desert Sun.

The reviews on the headphones I bought are good. I'll make note of what I think of them here, when they arrive.

I bought a "Used-Very Good" pair from Amazon, for $54.73US.