Is it time for a zero tolerance policy on hate speech?

Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 9:05 pm

I say this site has a far leftist bias. I lost count of how many times I got issued a formal warning or at least a criticism from the mods, as an Antifa supporter (like The Member Who Shall Not Be Named) was praised or blithely allowed to continue posting. All while me and them made equally biting statements on opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Although, I'll give the mods full credit for intervening when that person went too far even for left-wing tastes.

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 9:52 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Of course, money talks. When George Soros gets involved, all bets are off. A lowly member like me doesn't stand a chance. It is what it is.

So, who's Soros paying off? Alex? Cornflake? Everyone who isn't aware of the plot? :scratch:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 9:56 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
So, who's Soros paying off? Alex? Cornflake? Everyone who isn't aware of the plot? :scratch:
Cornflake seems like a fairly level-headed person for the most part. I should give him some gratitude for not kicking me off this site for my "Q"estionable right-wing beliefs. Alex and that retired feminist mod, on the other hand... 8O

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 10:02 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Cornflake seems like a fairly level-headed man for the most part. Alex, on the other hand...

It doesn't seem like Alex is particularly active, he's got a whole 'nother career and all.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 10:49 am

VegetableMan wrote:
There is, unfortunately, still a political bias on this board where the rules have often ignored. I see continued slamming of Trump supporters that goes unchecked by mods. If makes no difference to me whether one calls Trump supporters morons, or Biden supporters for that matter. I just don't believe the rules are being equally applied.

Either the rules apply to every group, or do away with them altogether.

I agree with you, despite political disagreements elsewhere.

The rules on this board are too rigid.

As long as you're not making direct personal attacks (including strawmen), everything should be allowed, in my opinion.
Why should some people be protected because of their religion or political leanings?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 10:56 am

Anyone who does not like the way this website is run should remember they are free to start websites of their own.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 12:52 pm

Are we really reading posts here and assuming they have hidden coded meanings?

I thought we were literal and would take things word for word and not try and assume it has a double meaning. I get so sick of this on the internet in general and even it's impossible to avoid it in the autism community. That just proves this is not an NT thing to read into things that are not there. Heck even NTs struggle with this too. I have seen it. They will also say something and someone else reads into it and either misinterprets it or they totally twist it into something else.

Heck I have dealt with abuse on here long time ago because the old mods thought I had some sort of hidden meaning in my posts or some sort of agenda. All because I was on another forum called intensitysquared.

Veiled things my ass. That just sounds like a conspiracy for a reason to attack someone or to hate on someone for no reason because you have some sort of bias against them. This is just something I have noticed in general. If someone has some sort of negative bias against you, anything you say they will interpret it as negative. I dealt with this in a facebook group and I thought I was having communication issues and thought it was my autism but then I am in a different group and mods there don't interpret anything as negative so I realized I was just in a toxic group that I had left and was tricked into coming back after thinking it was a misunderstanding just so they can boot me from it. I do think my disability made me a target of that gaslighting abuse.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 12:57 pm

League_Girl wrote:

I thought we were literal and would take things word for word and not try and assume it has a double meaning. I get so sick of this on the internet in general and even it's impossible to avoid it in the autism community. That just proves this is not an NT thing to read into things that are not there. Heck even NTs struggle with this too. I have seen it. They will also say something and someone else reads into it and either misinterprets it or they totally twist it into something else.

Quote:
It's not the mouth it comes out of - it's the mind it goes into

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 12:58 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I'm paranoid, was it something I said that made HeroOfHyrule leave? I'm not used to upsetting people and when I'm responsible I spend the rest of my life feeling guilty.

I wonder the same too, was it because I don't believe in autism gender and also because of what I said about Chris Chan?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:01 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Quote:

But people are just assuming what you are thinking as if they think they can read your mind. For me people are often wrong about my thinking.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:19 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Quote:

But people are just assuming what you are thinking as if they think they can read your mind. For me people are often wrong about my thinking.

Het is zoals het is.
C'est la vie.
That's life.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:46 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
There is, unfortunately, still a political bias on this board where the rules have often ignored. I see continued slamming of Trump supporters that goes unchecked by mods. If makes no difference to me whether one calls Trump supporters morons, or Biden supporters for that matter. I just don't believe the rules are being equally applied.

Either the rules apply to every group, or do away with them altogether.

I agree with you, despite political disagreements elsewhere.

The rules on this board are too rigid.

As long as you're not making direct personal attacks (including strawmen), everything should be allowed, in my opinion.
Why should some people be protected because of their religion or political leanings?

Unfortunately, the current political climate has led to this problem. It's only going to get worse.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 11:30 am

Cornflake wrote:
maycontainthunder wrote:
PPR is notoriously toxic at the best of times. In the run up to the US elections every other thread on the site was political and full of aggression as both sides tore into each other. I'm staying out of there; it's like walking into a cave and there are all these eyes looking back at you... you can actually hear the knives being sharpened before you even post anything.
PPR is a bear-pit of aggressively defended opinions, and there's nothing quite like P, P and R for pretty much instantly stirring up anger.

But it's something what was demanded by the membership so, for better or worse, there it is.
The few other ASD-related sites I've seen have no such forum - because it's almost guaranteed to stir up a hotbed of rage.

No such forum? Really? As far as I can tell, the two most popular forums for autistic people, besides WP, are Autism Forums and Neurovoice. Autism forums does have a politics forum. So too does Neurovoice.

In the case of Neurovoice, only full members, but not new members, are allowed to post in the politics forum. This seems to me like a wise policy, to discourage people from joining the forum just to post political propaganda.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Jan 2022, 11:47 am

Oh, Ok. Good to know.

The Neurovoice policy WRT a politics forum is something I really, really wish would be implemented here.