02 Jan 2022, 2:58 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-twitter-bans-191308935.html

Hopefully Boebert and Gosar are next.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 3:47 pm

Why celebrate these people being silenced?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 4:00 pm

txfz1 wrote:

Because censorship is good as long as it's not being applied to voices they value.

Get ready to be savagely attacked! The autobots are coming to take you down for even suggesting this is a bad thing.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 4:06 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
txfz1 wrote:

Because censorship is good as long as it's not being applied to voices they value.

Politics aside, Covid misinformation is not a voice you should value.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 4:09 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
txfz1 wrote:

I absolutely agree! But the disinformation being distributed by official sources seems to bs exempt from censorship. Gosh! I wonder why?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 4:10 pm

txfz1 wrote:
Neither she nor anyone else is being "silenced"...

Because...

Deal with it.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 4:20 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
txfz1 wrote:

I never said I valued her opinion or misinformation. Still does not answer the question, why celebrate her silencing?

Fnord wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
Neither she nor anyone else is being "silenced"...

Because...

Deal with it.

So you're really gonna argue that her being silenced from a major social media outlet is not silencing her? No. Why are you celebrating it?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 4:24 pm

txfz1 wrote:
So you're really gonna argue that her being silenced from a major social media outlet is not silencing her? No. Why are you celebrating it?
No, I am stating the fact that MTG being banned from Twitter for spreading lies does not silence her.

She is still free to spread her lies through other venues.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 4:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
No, I am stating the fact that MTG being banned from Twitter for spreading lies does not silence her.

She is still free to spread her lies through other venues.

Banned is silencing. So you are celebrating because she is lying? Then why not silence all of 'em.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 4:55 pm

txfz1 wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
txfz1 wrote:

I never said I valued her opinion or misinformation. Still does not answer the question, why celebrate her silencing?

And I did not say you did value her opinion or misinformation. What is your definition of "celebrate" as we appear to be using different dictionaries.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 5:04 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:

And I did not say you did value her opinion or misinformation. What is your definition of "celebrate" as we appear to be using different dictionaries.

Are you glad she is silenced, did you let out a whoo-hoo! Are you concerned that a subjective criteria has been used to silence a minority member of the house?

Fauci has a "bigger voice" than MTG and he first said no masks, then masks, then two masks, etc. That is my definition of misinformation, yet he hasn't been banned.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 5:23 pm

txfz1 wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:

Are you glad she is silenced, did you let out a whoo-hoo! Are you concerned that a subjective criteria has been used to silence a minority member of the house?

Fauci has a "bigger voice" than MTG and he first said no masks, then masks, then two masks, etc. That is my definition of misinformation, yet he hasn't been banned.

I am not experiencing pleasure, joy, or delight. I am indifferent to the situation. I would feel the same if Fauci was banned for misinformation.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 5:32 pm

Lot's of nations have become indifferent to the right for freedom of speech. I think it's one of the main reason for our survival as a nation and seeing it eroded is disturbing. I understand Twitter has T&Cs but they apply it unjustly.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 5:41 pm

txfz1 wrote:
Lot's of nations have become indifferent to the right for freedom of speech. I think it's one of the main reason for our survival as a nation and seeing it eroded is disturbing. I understand Twitter has T&Cs but they apply it unjustly.

I refer you back to the second meme posted above.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 5:44 pm

I read this whole thread and still don't know who you're talking about.

Who is MTG and what did they do wrong?

(K know there's a link but don't see anything explaining otherwise).

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2022, 5:53 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
txfz1 wrote:

I absolutely agree! But the disinformation being distributed by official sources seems to bs exempt from censorship. Gosh! I wonder why?

Sorry, I missed this post. The answer to your question is probably best suited in the politics section but the logical answer is hypocrisy.