Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 1:16 am

I can do what you want others to do.

I'm just not interested.
And I'm not going to commit to something similar anytime soon.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Awedfellow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2022, 7:51 pm

I'm sorry but I just don't get it.

I have been totally on my own since joining the Navy when I was 18; I am now 74. Until 72 I had to socialize, but now I have the pleasure of living alone and constantly doing the things that interest me; things/subjects that would not interest 99% of the people around me.

I can't tell you how much I hate the small talk that that 99% of people would expect me to participate in. To engage in small talk, is to take that portion of your life and throw it in the dumpster.

I don't have that much time left to live, and I'll be damned if I'm going to waste it on a bunch of pretenders who are so afraid of the opinion of others that they are willing to live their lives and die without anyone ever knowing who they were; what their values were, what they would like to change, what they thought would make life worth living.

The headstone on their grave should have nothing engraved except one giant question mark. Why would anyone want to join their ranks.

To those who are living with depression because society doesn't embrace them , I say; Count your blessings! If they don't embrace you, they probably don't expect anything of you. So you can be true to yourself; not them!

I have spent the last two years of my life writing things that will likely never be read by anyone, but that's fine. I am representing me; the life my Creator gave me, and it's resulting thoughts and beliefs, to the best of my abilities. As is said, "I may not be right; if not, then I will be wrong at the top of my voice!"

Meanwhile, those who value socializing, are selling their souls to make another "friend" who stands for nothing and brings nothing different to the table of ideas.

But then, maybe I've missed something? Is there a good reason to invest my time in socializing, if I am already happy being me?

Sorry for the rant, but that subject is important to me, and I have to admit I really miss the conversations I used to have with one particular friend, but he is dead, and probably beyond replacing. I met him when I was living on the street with other outcasts; a far better place to look for a friend than coffee shops or whatever.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2022, 8:50 am

JustFoundHere wrote:
Yet, the more I post, the more I feel I'm engaging in an increasingly tiring process of semantics - like "stretching the English language to it's limits", and receiving little to no feedback here on WP in the process!

I sense that 'tunnel vision' of sorts stemming from life's concerns of WP members might just be "short circuiting" one's efforts to participate here on WP.

It seems to me that your own main problems with participating here on Wrong Planet stem from your writing style.

A while back you told us about a specific language impairment of yours which causes this. (I forget exactly what this language impairment was called.) I would suggest that you periodically mention this language impairment again, maybe even include it in a signature line. This may help others here be more patient with your posts.

Anyhow, due to your language impairment, it's an unfortunate reality that people will always have difficulty understanding what you are trying to say. And that's the reason why nearly every discussion you try to start here gets bogged down in "semantics," if it doesn't get almost completely ignored.

It also seems to me that your language impairment would probably be a much bigger source of general life difficulty for you, personally,, than your autism per se.