Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 3:14 am

Joe90 wrote:
What most NTs realise, and what most autistics are yet to understand, is that often it actually is easier to be involved in people's drama than to not have any friends at all. I find myself emotionally involved with other people before even thinking about it. And I like people.

no, its confusing

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 3:18 am

Joe90 wrote:
Is everyone (or mostly neurotypicals) capable of being two-faced even if they're generally nice-natured?

Sometimes I feel like my kind nature leads me to be two-faced, to please everyone. I am sensitive to people's feelings enough to like to be helpful instead of facing conflict.

Today at work there was a conflict between two coworkers that I'm both friends with. I won't go into what the conflict was about but to cut a long story short they were fighting over a task and I ended up caught in the middle, as I didn't care either way what task I was doing. Person A ranted to me about person B's arrogant behaviour and I listened and agreed. Then person B made me go to the boss with her to tell him about person A's awkwardness. So I had to balance my opinions to please both. I could actually see both of their viewpoints on the matter, but I still had to pretend to only be on person A's side when around him, and on person B's side when around her.

I succeeded, but isn't this what being two-faced means? :(

no, you can still be neutral.

2 fa Ed is pretending to like someone to their face and then being nasty towards. them behind their. back

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 10:31 am

You can also be two faces by being mean to someone when it’s you and that person. However, you are two faced when you act nice and friendly in front of other people.

I had a roommate who treated me like that.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 4:09 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
You can also be two faces by being mean to someone when it’s you and that person. However, you are two faced when you act nice and friendly in front of other people.

I had a roommate who treated me like that.

Hmm, not sure I would call this "two-faced." Perhaps your roommate had issues with you but didn't want to embarrass you by bringing them up in front of other people, instead bringing them up only in private?

Perhaps your former roommate should have been more constructive/diplomatic in their manner of communicating with you about their issues in private, too, but that's still not the same thing as being two-faced, IMO. To me, "two-faced" suggests a betrayal, which does not appear to me to be what was going on here. Correct me if I'm wrong about this.