Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 9:57 pm

Okay, so, this show got cancelled in 2019 due to the silly wokeologists. I personally found it to be highly entertaining.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 9:58 pm

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 10:01 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Okay, so, this show got cancelled in 2019 due to the silly wokeologists.

Nothing to do with wokeology.

Quote:
The Jeremy Kyle Show was cancelled in 2019 after being pulled off the air following the death of Steve Dymond. Dymond died of suspected suicide 10 days after failing a lie detector test on the show, during which he was called a “serial liar” by Kyle

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 10:02 pm

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 10:05 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Okay, so, this show got cancelled in 2019 due to the silly wokeologists.

Nothing to do with wokeology.

Quote:
The Jeremy Kyle Show was cancelled in 2019 after being pulled off the air following the death of Steve Dymond. Dymond died of suspected suicide 10 days after failing a lie detector test on the show, during which he was called a “serial liar” by Kyle

It really was.

"Programmes like The Jeremy Kyle Show risk putting people who might be vulnerable on to a public stage at a point in their lives when they are unable to foresee the consequences, either for themselves or their families."

Basically, adults cannot decide for themselves whether to risk emotional meltdown or death after a publicly aired fight. That's about as woke as it gets.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/jeremy-kyle-show-cancelled-stephen-dymond-death-guest-itv-latest-a8914471.html

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 10:10 pm

As someone who was suicidal due to a social injustice & a publicly aired fight, I think I am in a reasonable position to say that I would rather have the liberty to choose such a thing, even if the consequence might be suiciide. My suicide.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 10:17 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:

Basically, adults cannot decide for themselves whether to risk emotional meltdown or death after a publicly aired fight. That's about as woke as it gets.

Duty of care is a legal obligation for broadcasters.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 10:31 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Duty of care is a legal obligation for broadcasters.

Oh, I'm not saying what has happened is not a legal obligation. I am simply talking in terms of political philosophy.

And yes, I do know what the word means. Only too well, unfortunately.