Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 6:20 pm

Why Aspergers have more of a hard time handling things than NT people?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 7:18 pm

What are the signs and symptoms of Asperger's in adults

Quote:
Coordination issues
A 2016 studyTrusted Source found that issues with motor coordination are more common among adults with ASD. These issues can cause differences in a person’s gait, or difficulties with fine motor skills, such as when writing or buttoning clothing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 7:42 pm

I think the OP means coping with situations.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 10:21 pm

Not enough information to answer the question however

All things equal, autistics tend to have more things to "handle" than neurotypicals

A precious "person" once had the nerve to tell me (correctly) "you have a hard time dealing with reality". He was much better at dealing with reality than me. However, that is out of context. Not a controlled experiment. If I were a skinny smart handsome cisgender neurotypical white man like him, maybe I would have been great at dealing with reality

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 10:36 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:

I don't know why, but I've certainly experienced it. Like sometimes a thing may seem so hard to handle I feel like I'm going to explode like a bomb...I don't want to, but it feels like I could. Like just today it felt very childish, but I got mad about something on a video game(don't want to try and explain all that as it will make the story more confusing) basically I got mad about missing a quest on a video game that isn't even essential for the game and went and laid down in bed to chill out because I was so mad about it...I also went back to the bed because I felt I may have been about ready to rage delete my game just for missing that one non-essential quest but at least I had the mind to go back to my room and be mad rather than rage deleting my entire game.

But yeah so basically I realized I may have screwed up some of the choices in the video game I am playing, and initially reacted in a quite immature manner to it, that my boyfriend had to tell me to knock it off cause it's just a game and I don't need to get so worked up over it.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 11:28 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I don't know why, but I've certainly experienced it. Like sometimes a thing may seem so hard to handle I feel like I'm going to explode like a bomb...I don't want to, but it feels like I could. Like just today it felt very childish, but I got mad about something on a video game(don't want to try and explain all that as it will make the story more confusing) basically I got mad about missing a quest on a video game that isn't even essential for the game and went and laid down in bed to chill out because I was so mad about it...I also went back to the bed because I felt I may have been about ready to rage delete my game just for missing that one non-essential quest but at least I had the mind to go back to my room and be mad rather than rage deleting my entire game.

But yeah so basically I realized I may have screwed up some of the choices in the video game I am playing, and initially reacted in a quite immature manner to it, that my boyfriend had to tell me to knock it off cause it's just a game and I don't need to get so worked up over it.

When something is so hard for me, I feel like I’m going explode too. I can get mad & scream at a commercial, they can repeat the same commercial in one episode.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 8:12 am

If Aspergers is a result of a neurological variant that results in faster, more complex, or more sensitive neurological processing, it would follow that it would be more difficult to respond to an avalanche of neuro-information.

There are ways to manage this;

1. Limit the amount of information that comes in (sensory, social, or other)
2. Make more time to process what does come in.
3. Discharge overload. If you feel a meltdown approaching substitute and alternative like taking a walk.
4. Desensitize. It is difficult, but one may develop an ability to handle a stimulus through habituation.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 8:20 am

Brain freeze… brain fog… inability to take in the entire situation in one go.

I’m usually ok once I’ve had a few hours to think about it.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 8:45 am

Quote:

That's better than what I once did over a game, although I was only a teenager. I was playing the Sims on my computer (before I knew about using cheats) and one of my Sims died from starvation. I got really mad and I threw all my Sims expansion pack cases across the room and aggressively snapped one in half and then bit it. My mum came downstairs and wondered what was going on. I suddenly felt embarrassed so I stood up and said, "nothing", and I was calm again.