Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mishcana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2007, 9:08 pm

Hi, I'm really scared, and looking for some advice.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to put my artwork in a show. Originally, it was going to be on the student wall, but now it's going to be on one that's traditionally professional. Though, I think I'm still considered student, except in price. It's really freaked me out, however.

The problem is I have hit a last minute freak out about the art work, not thinking it's good enough.

Anyone have any idea how to handle this anxiety? It's pretty out of control.

I've put up the 3 pieces on celebanna.deviantart.com - Winkin' Micken, Walkin' with Daddy and Spike. Would love opinions on them, good or bad. Please note the compositions are a bit off on the deviant art versions; the scanner wasn't big enough for the originals.

Spaceplayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2007, 9:33 pm

Art, in my little world, is a "recreation of reality according to the artist's values." If the art reflects your values, and you feel ok with them, then it's good enough. Whether others agree is their business...

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2007, 9:36 pm

Well if they moved you up then obviously you're art is good enough, right? I mean they wouldn't move you to a higher display for no reason.

I saw the pictures, I like the walkin with daddy one the most, the scribbly style is cool.

I would just chill out, relax, and enjoy your evening with doing something you find pleasure in rather than worrying.

Mishcana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2007, 9:56 pm

Someone else wanted the space, and this space had less room; I had less artwork prepared. Near as I know that's the only reason, but I am feeling a lot calmer now, thank you. :)

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2007, 9:58 pm

Yeah man chill out, there really is no point in building up a bunch of anxiety over it when you can just relax and enjoy the opportunity to show your art to others.

Mishcana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2007, 10:48 pm

Ya, my mean fear is pretty irrational I guess >.< Basicly, I think my fear is rooted in that it's a disgrace for them to show such amature work, but I guess that's the point isn't it? o.O;;

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2007, 11:05 pm

In this circumstance fear IS irrational.

I think it would be a disgrace if they didn't show amature art (i have no clue what amature art is btw) because then people wouldn't get there art out in the open and art wouldn't exist.