Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 4:17 pm

Jakki wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Augh...! ! ! You have critiqued , my favourite Pillow Manufacturer of the very same pillow , i use! By reason of virtue signalling you are disrespecting my personal possession. The very item , i sleep with night after night , even before you made this association with him and President Trump in this thread. . .
Lindell and Trump have already made the association.  I refer you to  This Thread. 
okay that thread was enlightening . but in defense of my own situation, it seems , i feel you have put me in a position to throw " my pillow" out ! of my bed 8O . My relationship with my pillow will never be the same. ...... :cry:
Putting you (or anyone else) in such a position is never my intent.  If your "My Pillow" helps you sleep better, then maybe keep using it -- personal health is important.

My intent is to present the valid and empirical truths that conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones tend to avoid and ignore.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 4:52 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:
There seems to be a steady stream of threads in here started by liberal types – usually Americans – complaining about the mess their society is in and worrying out loud about some impending right wing, Fascist dictatorship.

The fact is, the US (like most other Western countries) has been moving in a socially liberal, economically neoliberal, anti-national and globalist direction for decades – so if liberal types are unhappy about the state of their society, maybe they should start by casting some of the blame on their own liberal value system instead of forever focusing on some future Fascist bogeyman.

Doesn’t it say something about the deficiencies of the current liberal democratic system we live under that it has little else to motivate and inspire people beyond scare stories claiming that what ‘might’ replace it is going to be even worse?

In fact, there has always been a conservative reactionary resentment toward liberalism, and therein lies the fascist threat.

Fascism is a revolutionary ideology, so in that important respect is very much the opposite of reactionary conservatism. About 90% of people on this forum throw the word 'fascism' around without understanding what it means.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Many of the people who took part in the January 6 riot had been motivated by fears that they were losing their high status as white people due to non-whites gaining equality due to liberalism, or believing that the growing number of non-white Americans was proof that whites were being replaced.

Whatever their motivations were for supporting Trump in the first place, the immediate motivation for the protest was the belief (backed up by plenty of evidence I might add) that their preferred candidate had been cheated out of the Presidency by election fraud.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Same as with middle class people believing that they are losing economic standing because of liberal policies that provide a social safety net for poor people.

Oh really ... I thought it was fascism when they dared to criticize people like George Soros. (The outrageous wealth of people like Soros, who has produced nothing of any value to justify it, is a result of the 'liberalism' you love so much by the way.)

It seems like the only thing ordinary white people are allowed to complain about without being 'fascists' is ... other ordinary white people (for being fascists of course).

Kraichgauer wrote:
Fascism feeds on the irrational fear and resentment of the haves of the have-nots, and for the liberalism that provides equality and livelihood for said have-nots.

Yes, that old cliché again: "fascists gain support by feeding on people's irrational fears" claim people whose blind support of liberalism is fed by irrational fears about fascism. It's amazing people can't see the irony here.

I'm quite convinced that if people like you lived in a fascist society, you'd be repeating fascist propaganda with all the conviction you currently repeat liberal propaganda while living in a liberal society.

Fascism by it's very nature is reactionary, with talk about going back to the "good ol' days," even though the end product is something terribly new.
Believe what the rioters may, the election had never been stolen from Trump. If anything, with attempts to hamper mail in votes, cutting the number of drop boxes, and talk of "finding" thousands more of Trump votes, it was the Republicans who had been trying to instigate voter fraud.
George Soros is just the latest Republican bogeyman, like gay marriage or civil rights had been in the past.
You know nothing about me, so please refrain from accusing me of supporting some hypothetical fascist regime.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 8:34 am

We can learn a lot from the mistakes of the good ol’ days.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 11:56 pm

Around 1/3rd of Americans and their orange cult leader are scaring a lot of people all over the world with this crap. It wouldn't be so bad if the majority of the republican party politicians weren't going along with it. Kinda sketchy being right next door in Canada to think that the USA could become an even bigger no-go zone as it was under trump's first term.

The orange guy needs to be banned from American politics for being an insurrectionist. Ideally he'd make the transition to the afterlife before the next election so we don't have to worry so much about his cult members. Sure, there are other terrible people, but right now the focus is on him.. so, if he were no longer, everyone would be a little relieved.