Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 3:54 am

Idk I was a bit skeptical as to how well those may work, but I have a little extra money at the moment so since they had some at the store when I was buying my usual pads and panti-liners I figured I'd get one and see if it works well. So far I am pretty satisfied I have for sure bled into them a bit but it really does kind of pull that away and it doen't feel gross wearing them. It's kind of nice it absorbs but without feeling like you have a diaper on like the pads, even the better more comfortable ones can get to feeling.

I figure I may still need pads on heavy days, but sine these underwear seem to work pretty well I could at least cut down on my spending for pads since I could just use the period underwear for the less heavy days. I had tried that period cup thing but I couldn't get comfortable with it even though I liked the idea it was reusable(and thus would create less waste) but it just wasn't comfortable for me. But I think the period underwear is a reusable method that would work for me at least part of the time.

Anyways I guess I just wanted to mention I've been trying them at least for a few hours and they seem to actually work pretty well with absorbing the grossness in such a way that it still feels like your just wearing normal non-soiled underwear. So if anyone is looking for better things for periods I would say I think the period underwear actually works pretty well though I was skeptical about it initially.

LOl not trying to be an ad, just wanted to mention I think they do work well in case it is helpful to anyone.

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2022, 4:16 am

I use period undies and they’re great!
I’ve found a brand (BONDS in Australia) that actually have different degrees of padding depending on the heaviness of your period. I use them in conjunction with a menstral cup and sleep with them overnight on my less heavy days.

The only thing I don’t like about them is that generally I should have bought a size bigger. I’m petite and wear a size 6-8, but the padding in the underwear means I probably could have got a size 10, even if the waist would be a bit loose. Just something else to consider when buying them.

Otherwise, I totally endorse them. I’ve saved so so so much money using period underwear and a menstral cup.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 1:26 pm

Are they fairly easy to rinse or wash? I've wondered about them. At this stage in my life (near menopause) my flow is beyond Super+, so not sure if it's for me, but I have a daughter who is just entering puberty.

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2022, 5:11 pm

SharonB wrote:
Are they fairly easy to rinse or wash? I've wondered about them. At this stage in my life (near menopause) my flow is beyond Super+, so not sure if it's for me, but I have a daughter who is just entering puberty.

Yes.
Just rinse until water runs clear and then put into the washing machine!