Son of singer Sinead O’Conner apparent suicide

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 10:19 am

Sinead O'Connor's 17-year-old son, Shane, dies from apparent suicide after going missing

Quote:
Sinead O'Connor's 17-year-old son, Shane O'Connor, died after he went missing earlier in the week, the Irish singer announced on Twitter Friday.

"My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God," she tweeted. "May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Please be at peace."

The death was confirmed by O'Connor's management company.

Shane had apparently been on suicide watch at a hospital in Dublin, according to tweets posted on Sinead O'Connor's personal Twitter account.

The singer blamed the hospital for letting the teen "out of their grasp."

Police in Dublin did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Saturday. The department told The U.S. Sun that Shane was found dead on Friday in Wicklow, south of Dublin.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 11:33 am

Sad. I've never had kids so I can never fully understand such a loss, especially to suicide.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 10:01 pm

All the resources in the world can't keep bad things from happening and can't guarantee happiness. My thoughts go out to her and her family.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 3:20 pm

Sinead O'Connor hospitalized, days after teenage son's death

Quote:
Sinéad O'Connor has been admitted to the hospital, one week after her 17-year-old son was found dead.

The "Nothing Compares 2 U" singer told fans on Thursday night that she was heading to hospital to receive help after sharing in a series of disturbing Twitter posts that she planned to take her own life.

"I've decided to follow my son. There is no point living without him. Everything I touch, I ruin. I only stayed for him. And now he's gone," she wrote on an unverified Twitter account linked to her official account.

O'Connor -- who has been open about her own mental struggles and suicidal thoughts in the past -- went on to say she felt "lost," and blamed herself for her teenage son's death.

The mother-of-four followed the thread an hour later by apologizing for her alarming posts and reassuring fans that she was seeking medical attention.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I am with cops now on way to hospital. I'm sorry I upset everyone," she posted, adding: "I am lost without my kid and I hate myself. Hospital will help a while. But I'm going to find Shane. This is just a delay”.

At least she volunteered to go to the hospital, that is a good sign.

No secret she has had many problems with her life but she has created raw and stunning music. So many unfairly dismiss her as a lightweight one hit wonder because they only know that one Prince song.

It does not help she has managed to unfairly insult a whole lot of people, you can google it. The most infamous incident, the one that for all intents and purposes ended her career in America was when she ripped up a picture of the Pope on Saturday Night Live. I was pretty offended for the wonderful Catholic neighbors and friends of mine. I felt betrayed because I had defended her against the lightweight charge. She apparently added insult to injury by saying she did it because the catholic church was full of pedophiles. This was 10 years before the Boston Globe would win a Pulitzer Prize for saying the same thing. I apologize for all the bad thoughts I had of her at the time, she was right, I was wrong.

No matter what you think of a person you should have sympathy for someone whose son commits suicide. So my condolences and best wishes for her.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman