What point do we stop treating Covid as an emergency ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 10:51 am

My worry is that even if the virus gets milder and becomes less likely to cause severe disease, governments will continue to treat it as an emergency and impose more restrictions and so on. I mean during the Swine Flu pandemic, countries were not imposing restrictions on everyday life when that was going on even though it was milder than Covid and obviously I know they are two different viruses. I just feel like we can't keep living in a heightened state of emergency forever, because I just feel it effects mental health and worries people who have anxiety right now and are scared of the virus and leaves people without any hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 11:28 am

When everyone is vaccinated against it.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 12:14 pm

I was able to visit other family for Christmas but I find that all the testing dissuades me from going out sometimes and I feel left out sometimes when I still see people during this time going out, meeting up and enjoying things as though nothing is going on and it leaves me feeling like I am ''missing out'' or ''wasting my time''. I didn't test myself when I went round my dad's house for Christmas with my grandparents. I've always tried to maintain my distance from people at work before then as well as wearing two masks in public (a cloth mask with filter with 3 layers and a disposable mask with 3 layers). I even seem to think I'm selfish for not testing even the testing procedures make me anxious, the last time I tested myself was in the summer when my sister came down from London.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 2:00 pm

just thank Fauci , who was never tried for any crimes, when he was helping budget the Wuhan lab
in their research . Instead these people tried to cloud the urgency of what was going on by
blaming a open air market and people eating bats .Ridiculous .Nobody wishes to use the words
but this is a bioengineered weapon . So this is changing into different versions .
And because of the nature of the virus , people are still dying from it.
So how can we reduce the urgency of the situation . There are too many coincidences with this
Covid . Imagine the people slready teetering on the edge of their mental health , people with compromised immune systems, generally disabled persons that may need to get food and their risk of exposure . People living in tight spaces . I hesitate to think that this is intended to be a population control thing ? am not trying to incite fear but frankly this has had me quite terrified even after i got out of a extremely serious hospital stay with a covid infection , the next person i knew, whom looked in better health than me died of the same symptoms as me. .And our hospitals are very badly overburdened . And i still have some symptoms.
Worse is, i was never informed of what symptoms to look for if i had Covid. Ended up calling 911 when i was not,able to get air.

where ever you go ,there you are

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 2:04 pm

↑ You left out Sasquatch, the Trilateral Commission, and the Lizard People from Sirius.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 4:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
↑ You left out Sasquatch, the Trilateral Commission, and the Lizard People from Sirius.

oh Yes dear Fnord , will make it a point to include them in my next post . :D
Was it my personal experience you find fault with or was the the information gleaned from the media about Fauci helping to finance the bio lab at Wuhan . Because
It does sound very much like a personal attack on me right now. or are you offended i survived it.
and think it is a good time to attack someone with less than normal ability to focus , Or.......
Perhaps you have not followed this tread farther up and seen what other people have shared concerning post covid symptoms

where ever you go ,there you are

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2022, 8:09 am

When it stops being an emergency, when (vaccinated) people stop dying from it, when new variants with unknown qualities stop popping up, when our hospitals aren't filled up with covid patients and other patients have their operations postponed as a result.

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 9:13 am

Quote:
When it stops being an emergency, when vaccinated and unvaccinated people stop dying from it, when new variants with unknown qualities stop popping up, when our hospitals aren't filled up with covid patients and other patients have their operations postponed as a result.
There; corrected it for you.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 9:54 am

I'm quite frustrated that some other countries have lower vaccination rates than more developed countries have and I just wish they were at the same rate as us. There are some exceptions, in Africa, Rwanda has had more people vaccinated than in South Africa. The last time I checked, Haiti had 0.1% of its population vaccinated whereas its neighbour the Dominican Republic has 63% of the population vaccinated. Its probably a bit more now though. People have said to me though ''Look, you should stop worrying about what countries are doing.'' But sometimes I just can't help that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 9:59 am

In some countries, when the leaders say "Get Vaccinated", people roll up their sleeves and get in line.  In America, when leaders say "Get Vaccinated", some people would rather make up excuses and die slow and painful deaths.

LINK:
 Sorry Antivaxxer 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 1:06 pm

I know I maybe over-reacting here but I still that worry in the back in my mind that it maybe 10 years before any pre-pandemic normality returns. But I really find it hard to suppress these thoughts despite having been told by others that this pandemic is not going to last forever. Its just all the news reports and stuff just reignite the worries in my head and you will say ''Just stop watching the news and do something else to pre-occupy your time.'' and I have but sometimes there is this need to know what is going on even though I stopped watching it when news of the Omicron variant first appeared.