Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 2:48 pm

Convicted killer Robert Durst dead at age 78

Quote:
Robert Durst, the eccentric New York City real estate scion who left behind a trail of corpses and the mystery of a body never found, died Monday at age 78.

“Mr. Durst passed away early this morning while in the custody of the California Department of Corrections,” said Durst’s lawyer, Chip Lewis. “We understand that his death was due to natural causes associated with the litany of medical issues we had repeatedly reported to the court over the last couple of years.”

Durst was convicted of the murder of a friend in 2000, who prosecutors said he killed to cover up the slaying of his wife nearly two decades earlier. Durst, prosecutors contended — and jurors believed — shot pal Susan Berman to keep her from singing to the cops.
The wheels of justice finally caught up to Durst in 2021, when he was convicted on Sept. 17 in the Dec. 23, 2000 killing of Berman. Authorities contended Durst killed his wife Kathie in 1982. Her body was never found, and Durst took whatever knowledge he had of the crime to his grave.

“Susan Berman was a witness to a crime and was intentionally killed,” the jury forewoman said when announcing the guilty verdict against Durst.

On Oct. 14, Durst was sentenced to life in prison for the Berman slaying, with Deputy District Attorney John Lewin calling Durst a “narcissistic psychopath.”

“He’s 78 years old,” Lewin said. “He’s been walking around for a long time. He had a lot more of a life ... Kathie didn’t make 30. On balance, considering what he’s done, he got a lot more of a life than he was entitled to.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 3:00 pm

He got far better than he deserved.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 3:41 pm

May this man rot in Hell!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 4:04 pm

I guess this leaves Fred as the most hated Durst.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 4:16 pm

What happened to the good old days of sending people like him to the loony house?

I wonder how his last day was and more importantly, how did he feel having to watch his back the entire time he was in prison?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 4:26 pm

Nades wrote:
What happened to the good old days of sending people like him to the loony house? . . .
Stephen Seager knows he could lose his job, but he doesn’t care.  He did not ask his employer’s permission to write "Behind the Gates of Gomorrah", an account of the rampant and unchecked violence that Seager says he has both witnessed and experienced as a psychiatrist at California’s Napa State Hospital.  The forensic facility, the second-largest in the country, houses "the school shooters, the James Holmeses, and Jeffrey Dahmers of the world", as Seager puts it.  Nor did he warn the hospital that the book is being published this week. . .

Source:
 This Daily Beast Article 

Note: While The Daily Beast is not (in my opinion) the most reliable source of information, the experiences related in the cited article are similar to my own as a delivery driver for the Michigan state correctional system, and to my cousin's own experiences as a medic in the same system.  Those inmates were not just scary, they were blood-chilling evil, and I hope to never see any one of them on the outside.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 4:48 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
What happened to the good old days of sending people like him to the loony house? . . .
Stephen Seager knows he could lose his job, but he doesn’t care.  He did not ask his employer’s permission to write "Behind the Gates of Gomorrah", an account of the rampant and unchecked violence that Seager says he has both witnessed and experienced as a psychiatrist at California’s Napa State Hospital.  The forensic facility, the second-largest in the country, houses "the school shooters, the James Holmeses, and Jeffrey Dahmers of the world", as Seager puts it.  Nor did he warn the hospital that the book is being published this week. . .

Source:
 This Daily Beast Article 

Note: While The Daily Beast is not (in my opinion) the most reliable source of information, the experiences related in the cited article are similar to my own as a delivery driver for the Michigan state correctional system, and to my cousin's own experiences as a medic in the same system.  Those inmates were not just scary, they were blood-chilling evil, and I hope to never see any one of them on the outside.

You had to deal with "those" people as a delivery driver? Damn.

The UK has it's own hospitals for people who are criminally insane but they actually appear to be even more relaxed than the prisons here. I think the more mild mannered go to such places here. For the likes of serial killers, mass murderers and the unstable then one of the Category A or B prisons are the usual dumping ground as they can get a lot more "hands on" at dealing with them and need not worry about rehabilitation and therapeutic treatment.

Someone like Robert Durst would have ended up in one of those prison types and probably wouldn't have enjoyed it. People say a lot of things about British prisons being good compared to US ones, but if in a 200 year old Victorian one dreary, austere, bitter cold, damp, smelly and cockroach infested comes to mind.

It's a shame your prisons look so nice for people like Robert.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 11:53 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
May this man rot in Hell!

I'm pretty sure he is.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 12:40 am

Good timing on his part, I'll give him that.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 12:50 am

Since he appealed his conviction and he died before he could have his appeal heard, by law, his conviction will have to be overturned in the state of California.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 1:02 am

I guess this means no Limp Bizkit reunion tour...... :( ..... :| ....... :wink:............. :lol:

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 10:42 am

'Narcissistic Psychopathy'
The Personality Deficit And
Disorder Lacking Human Empathy

Having No Conscience For Harming Others

And True of Course 'Robert Durst' is Far From the Worst

And Only One Magnified in the Legal System of Control For Now;

Yet What About
Socially Accepted
Narcissistic Psychopathy Leaning Ways

As Surely We See This Among Demagogues
Who Pull The Heart Strings of the Ignorant Among
US Who Cannot See Through the Many Lies For Selfish

Subjugation

And Control

As They Remain Untouchables

By The Support of those ironically

Who They Subjugate, Control And

Harm in So many '5th Avenue' Ways

Where the Gunshot is Often Heard Well After

The Death With Regret And Shame For Finally Understanding

The Lie
That Came
Before the Truth
Of Lies Becoming Truth;

So What/Who Is More Dangerous, the
Socially Acceptable Practice of Group
Bonding And Binding Over Invading Foreign

Countries And Killing their Populace Over Such
Folly As Weapons of Mass Ignorance As That Returns

Again

And

Again

Through
HiSToRY So Predictable indeed

As True There are Always Gonna be those
Who Addict Toward the Dopamine and Adrenaline

Of Fear, Anger, And Hate Living in Real or Psychologically Perceived
Scarcity of Material Goods, Cash, Or Social Status And Meaning and Purpose in Life...

Yes, There Are A Lot of Truly Inherently and Bred 'Evil' Folks With No Conscience who
Would Harm Anyone For All they Can/Will Feel Empty of Empathy Within Who Are All Locked

Up or Awaiting
Death Row or

The Such

And then of Course

There Are Still the Ones
Breeding Worship of Ignorance More

Just Waiting For the After-Shot Sound of '5th Avenue' Again...

Yawn, As Sad As It May Be; Welcome to Still A Living Dying Part of the Human Condition DarK iNDeeD...

And As A Group, A Society, And World That Continues to Breed/Garden Machine More Than Human, We Surely

Won't Find

The Cure
to 'the Condition'
Any Sooner iNDeeD...

Yeah, It's True, Modern 'Bible'
Prophecies Like the Terminator
Series of Movies, The Matrix Series
Of Movies, And The Avatar Still Coming
Series of Movies Foretold of What is Still Coming Now...

Yet It's True, So Easy to Put off Empathy With So Many New
Opiates of Dopamine and Adrenaline For the New 'Masses'

As Oxytocin Connections Seem to Be Only Left to Glue the 'Dogs of War'...

Just A Metaphor

As Dogs are Lovely
Creatures Often More
Human (Territorial Cats too) Than Many Humans
i Come to Meet and Greet These DarK to LiGHT

Days Always Now...

Change is Possible

Yet What Fresh

Hell Beyond Pandemics
Will That Take Face to Face Unmasked...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick