Tried finding a different support forum

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 10:53 am

I thought maybe I could find a different support forum but the only one I found is really complicated to use and I don't really like how its set up. Whatever I'll hold onto the account but it looks like I'm back to this somewhat controversial site. There were some people on here that quit wrongplanet that I wish would come back. But all well that's life. Friends move away.

I haven't been doing so great. I went off my medication and relapsed into mental illness without realizing it. I feel like I might die. In other words when my mental illness relapsed, I stopped taking care of myself. People don't seem happy with me either because I've been impatient and bitchy and somewhat unstable. I'm having trouble talking to people and concentrating. At least I haven't been yelling or screaming or throwing things like last time when I went insane.

I haven't been doing well in the town where I live. I always hated it there. I've enjoyed living in other places more even though I suffer from depression and have always been somewhat dysfunctional. Okay a lot dysfunctional. Maybe pot doesn't agree with me anymore. I noticed every time I smoke it the next day I hate that authority is telling me what to do. But then I don't have any solutions on how to fix my problems in life. I just go nuts.

I got a doctors appointment tomorrow. A therapist appointment coming up. Not looking forward to going to that since the shrinks basically watched me relapse into mental illness and did nothing to stop it. Of course I know people can't do it all for me. I have to also work with them. I need to learn how to stop being such a stupid b***h. :roll: :cry:

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 8:02 pm

Meltdowns are never a good thing, I've had a few. Ummmm, neither is going off the meds unless it's a well thought out decision with the docs. Self-medication is double edge sword, I like it to ease the anxiety but then I have to deal with the paranoid thingy and the smell. I don't have meds tho. Not intending to be a parent and don't beat yourself up over it, s**t happens, just glad to read you have reached out.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 8:46 pm

It is a hard thing about mental health that sometimes when we need the most help we are the least fun to be around - then that makes it hard to get the help we need.
I think that wanting to meet with you doc and get back on your meds is a good idea.
It shows you care about yourself and want to change some things.
Those are two good things about you - I bet are more too.
I hope you find more of what you are looking for or at least are more at peace with what you find.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 2:51 pm

Thanks for listening.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 2:59 pm

Fenn I like how you put things into words and you’re not bad at the advice thing either. Do you have a blog or anything like that? Do you write? Hopefully I’m not corrupting you but you could sell books. Lol

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:00 pm

I’m getting over myself now. It gets boring wallowing in self pity.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 6:15 pm

I have been down a lot of bad roads myself.
Thanks for encouraging me about the way I write - writing is very hard for me.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 12:39 pm

Ah you’re great!

So anyway I gave up and got help. Feel better on different medication

BrambleberryPie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Jan 2022, 4:33 pm

Glad to hear you are feeling better Sarah. Don't worry about the meltdown or loss of control when you were struggling - a lot of us have been there. I can only sympathise. I wish I had some good advice, but I feel similar to you right now. I guess we just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 5:25 pm

Yeah. I guess there’s no such thing as someone swooping in and saving us from the big bad world. I’ve been looking for that. Certainly didn’t find it.