Prince Andrew's titles & patronages revoked.

Page 5 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 5:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
theprisoner wrote:
Megan aint ugly.... :? or are you saying theres something wrong with my eyes....

My best guess is that Harry had what I can only call a "crush" on the much older Hollywood actress. He barely knew her but probably imagined "Rachel Zane" the hot sassy girl friend of the main character in "Suits".

You have to remember Megan is not only older than Harry but she had only recently divorced when she met Harry. Yes she's hot but I think Harry had women much more attractive and younger and with more titles to their name than Megan. She's an actress and probably knew exactly what to say to Harry (There's a lot stuff that's come out that she researched Harry before meeting him).

On a scale of every available single female on the planet (yes Harry was the most eligible bachelor on the planet) his choice of Megan was strange.

Weren't they set up by mutual friends or something, and instantly connected based on shared interests? I don't think you are fair to Meagan. She is STUNNING.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 11:10 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
theprisoner wrote:
Megan aint ugly.... :? or are you saying theres something wrong with my eyes....

My best guess is that Harry had what I can only call a "crush" on the much older Hollywood actress. He barely knew her but probably imagined "Rachel Zane" the hot sassy girl friend of the main character in "Suits".

You have to remember Megan is not only older than Harry but she had only recently divorced when she met Harry. Yes she's hot but I think Harry had women much more attractive and younger and with more titles to their name than Megan. She's an actress and probably knew exactly what to say to Harry (There's a lot stuff that's come out that she researched Harry before meeting him).

On a scale of every available single female on the planet (yes Harry was the most eligible bachelor on the planet) his choice of Megan was strange.

Weren't they set up by mutual friends or something, and instantly connected based on shared interests? I don't think you are fair to Meagan. She is STUNNING.

Yeah. Meagan is an exotic dish.

Yes. She didnt have any "titles" because duhhhhhh... she is Commoner. Kate didnt have titles either.

IF you're gonna break the rules and marry a commoner then you obviously stopped caring about "titles" (that Japanese princess joined the same trend as Harry and his brother and also recently famously married a Japanese Commoner).

But on the other hand Kate took on the role of representing the Royals with grace despite being born a Commoner. I was hopeing that Meagan would be another Kate but she has yet to prove to have that kind of whatever it is Kate has (grace or charisma?). We shall see. But I can see how a person could be disappointed in Meagen .

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 5:09 pm

Oh for us "plebians" Megan is not just stunning but probably out of our league. That's kind of a no-brainer.

But here's the thing. Harry was the most eligible bachelor on the planet. His good looks, royal titles and being the brother of the future king of England mean't literally any woman he took a fancy to would acquiesce to his charms.

In that respect picking Megan is like picking apples in a fruit shop. Harry had the ripest, sweetest apples to choose from. With all that choice he chose an apple that (yes) was sweet, but not necessarily the sweetest (as I said we know his taste in women, he was not dating women like Megan). The apple he chose was already bitten by somebody else (Megan had an ex-husband), it came from a tree that was wracked by disease (her family) and was sitting on the shelf longer than other apples so was starting to get blemishes. When you look at it from that perspective his choice for a life partner was strange.

Harry seemed to be impetuous and as we know many (including members of the "firm") were telling him he was making a dreadful mistake.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 10:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Oh for us "plebians" Megan is not just stunning but probably out of our league. That's kind of a no-brainer.

But here's the thing. Harry was the most eligible bachelor on the planet. His good looks, royal titles and being the brother of the future king of England mean't literally any woman he took a fancy to would acquiesce to his charms.

In that respect picking Megan is like picking apples in a fruit shop. Harry had the ripest, sweetest apples to choose from. With all that choice he chose an apple that (yes) was sweet, but not necessarily the sweetest (as I said we know his taste in women, he was not dating women like Megan). The apple he chose was already bitten by somebody else (Megan had an ex-husband), it came from a tree that was wracked by disease (her family) and was sitting on the shelf longer than other apples so was starting to get blemishes. When you look at it from that perspective his choice for a life partner was strange.

Harry seemed to be impetuous and as we know many (including members of the "firm") were telling him he was making a dreadful mistake.

When I see Harry talk about their relationship, I don't find his choice strange at all.

You're locked into outdated ways of thinking when it comes to relationships. If I heard your apple analogy in real life, I'd get up and walk away; it's offensive. I realize the whole Royal thing is outdated, but remember that Harry is now too far down the line of succession to have to conform. I feel you consistently miss that fact.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2022, 10:20 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

But on the other hand Kate took on the role of representing the Royals with grace despite being born a Commoner. I was hopeing that Meagan would be another Kate but she has yet to prove to have that kind of whatever it is Kate has (grace or charisma?). We shall see. But I can see how a person could be disappointed in Meagen .

Kate is a gem who may be single-handedly saving the monarchy.

Meagan was never going to be queen, so forcing her to conform to that mold never made sense. The constant comparison was unfair to her, and painful for her.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 3:31 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
You're locked into outdated ways of thinking when it comes to relationships. If I heard your apple analogy in real life, I'd get up and walk away; it's offensive. I realize the whole Royal thing is outdated, but remember that Harry is now too far down the line of succession to have to conform. I feel you consistently miss that fact.

I don't have a stake in the relationship plus I did agree with you that Harry was looking for a somebody long-term to settle down with and like his father and his uncle he found somebody who's personality matches what he wanted in a life partner.

I think Harry and his uncle Andrew liked a particular "type" for partying/fun times and settled for another type for growing old together with their kids. Getting back to Andrew he gets on famously with his ex-wife which is a testimony to how much he liked her.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 5:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

I don't have a stake in the relationship plus I did agree with you that Harry was looking for a somebody long-term to settle down with and like his father and his uncle he found somebody who's personality matches what he wanted in a life partner.

I think Harry and his uncle Andrew liked a particular "type" for partying/fun times and settled for another type for growing old together with their kids. Getting back to Andrew he gets on famously with his ex-wife which is a testimony to how much he liked her.

I see the first paragraph with a lot of men.

I wonder how it would have been for Andrew and Fergie if they had done what Harry and Meagan did instead of divorcing. Would he still have needed to be Randy Andy? We'll never know.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 6:17 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
I wonder how it would have been for Andrew and Fergie if they had done what Harry and Meagan did instead of divorcing. Would he still have needed to be Randy Andy? We'll never know.

There some notable differences. Sarah Ferguson became lonely when Andrew was away on duty in the Royal Navy. Andrew was dedicated to his military service, Eventually the separation was irreconcilable and they split. But despite that Sarah Ferguson still loved Andrew and (of course their two daughters Eugenie and Beatrice). Andrew was still very attached to Sarah. By the time Andrew left his naval duties it was too late for them to embark on any great voyages away from Buckingham Palace.

Harry, however, had started his romance with Megan after he was discharged from the military. Both he and Megan were able to independently move around. When things went south Megan was able to take Harry with her.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 7:38 pm

Oh dear, a former maid of Prince Andrew doesn't paint a very nice picture of him
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... 15d0258d34

I suspect most of the royal family are out of touch with reality of what the rest of humanity has to go through. I am curious if staff were forced to sign NDAs as this stuff is highly embarrassing. It looks servants were literally treated like slaves.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 5:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Oh dear, a former maid of Prince Andrew doesn't paint a very nice picture of him

I suspect most of the royal family are out of touch with reality of what the rest of humanity has to go through. I am curious if staff were forced to sign NDAs as this stuff is highly embarrassing. It looks servants were literally treated like slaves.

Although that report paints a bad picture of Andrew,it has to be said that the maid found the other members of the royal family to be the opposite of him.The Duke of Edinburgh she found 'gentlemanly' and Prince Charles 'kind and empathetic' so although they may be priveleged and out of touch in a lot of ways,they're not all bad.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 6:42 pm

pluto wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Although that report paints a bad picture of Andrew,it has to be said that the maid found the other members of the royal family to be the opposite of him.The Duke of Edinburgh she found 'gentlemanly' and Prince Charles 'kind and empathetic' so although they may be priveleged and out of touch in a lot of ways,they're not all bad.

Granted she had nice things to say about other members of the royal family. My point is that if you are accustomed to have servants do every single thing for you from the time you were a baby then you simply take them for granted. it's human nature.

Andrew was clearly used to getting his own way with servants from a young age.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 9:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Confession: once upon a time I had a semi-crush on him, he was considered the handsome Royal in my generation. But long before stuff like this came out, I had heard him speak in some interview and realized his comments were some of the most self-entitled and out-of-touch things I had ever heard. Never saw him the same again.

There is no Prince Charming in this world.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 12:59 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Confession: once upon a time I had a semi-crush on him, he was considered the handsome Royal in my generation. But long before stuff like this came out, I had heard him speak in some interview and realized his comments were some of the most self-entitled and out-of-touch things I had ever heard. Never saw him the same again.

There is no Prince Charming in this world.

Actually this was pretty normal. The young Andrew was a dashing suave fellow who served bravely in the Falklands war as a naval helicopter pilot who flew on multiple missions including anti-surface warfare, casualty evacuation, and Exocet missile decoy. He had numerous young women in the UK with heart's in their mouth hoping their young prince would return.

As far as being a Prince Charming, well I hope you met yours when you got married :D

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 3:34 am

cyberdad wrote:

As far as being a Prince Charming, well I hope you met yours when you got married :D

:D

He is pretty great, rough patches and all.

I do like to remind romantics there is a reason fairytales end with the wedding. You can’t wave a magic wand and have life be perfect from that day forth. No one is going to jump in and magically solve all your problems for you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 9:26 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
As far as being a Prince Charming, well I hope you met yours when you got married.
He is pretty great, rough patches and all.  I do like to remind romantics there is a reason fairytales end with the wedding.  You can't wave a magic wand and have life be perfect from that day forth.  No one is going to jump in and magically solve all your problems for you.
But what about, ". . . and they lived happily ever after"?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 9:29 am

I don't like watching shows about "Bridezillas" or whatever. People get really stupid and petty when it comes to wedding decorations. People have conniption fits at the drop of a hat.

There are countries where people waste their life savings, or at least one years worth of salary, on weddings